• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I'm A NOOB At A-Map So I Don't Know What U Mean >.>

Ignore narutoactor, he is answering someone else (Quote please!)

Go into the Map Connections (The icon in Advance map is the 4 Arrows), You should see that the map has Connections. Select the one in the dropdown that highlights the arrow going down, and then go to Delete Connection. It is because it is linked to a map.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

Ignore narutoactor, he is answering someone else (Quote please!)

Go into the Map Connections (The icon in Advance map is the 4 Arrows), You should see that the map has Connections. Select the one in the dropdown that highlights the arrow going down, and then go to Delete Connection. It is because it is linked to a map.
when I entered the thread her post wasent there so it would be use les to quote the the post right in front of you also he is right you need to edit the map connections ether replace the map connections for remove the connection

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
you need to take those platelets and put them in the right blocks and sometimes x-flip and y-filp to get the correct outcome
hey narutoactor what do you mean by platelets

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
oh i ment to say tiles
in the tile set each tile is 8x8 it takes for tiles to make a block cometimes you need to click on the check boc x-flip or y-flip or both if you are still having problems pm me your hack and I will do it for you :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2010
There is no "Remove Pokemon" Command in XSE, or any other script language for that matter, because it is not part of the game.
There IS an ASM routine that lets you remove pokemon, or if you don't plan on giving the pokemon back to the player, you can just use the removing part of a daycare script... (If you don't have a daycare in your hack...)

hey 0m3GA ARS3NAL, I looked up the tuturial you made for the day care script and it was really good. It really helped a lot. I ended up just basically taking the end part and after the menu do a compare to see if you picked the right Pokemon. So yeah, thanks for your help.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Is it possible to turn HMs into Key Items? I've been thinking about that. It seems that I don't want people to use HM slaves, because a lot of bosses in my hack will be hard, and I would like to add the HMs as a sort of Key Item. Like, the actual feature of it, not the HM.

For example: A raft for Surf.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Is it possible to turn HMs into Key Items? I've been thinking about that. It seems that I don't want people to use HM slaves, because a lot of bosses in my hack will be hard, and I would like to add the HMs as a sort of Key Item. Like, the actual feature of it, not the HM.

For example: A raft for Surf.

Get ready, 'cause this is a tl;dr situation:

It's far from possible doing it the way you're asking (it would take something much bigger than just some scripting and sprite editing), yet at the same time you could get really creative with it, and I'm throwing this out off of the top of my head. This would require item hacking, surfing sprite replacement, AND extensive scripting/script placement which could possibly take up some space. Writing the script shouldn't be too hard, though.

For example: Say you edit a key item in the game with the raft that you're talking about. Playing through the game if you go up and examine the water with the action button it tells you that the raft could let your surf over the water, but without it you cannot pass or go over the water, just run smack into it like a wall. However, when you get the raft, when you go and examine the water again it will check to see if you have the raft in your key items bag. Since you have the raft it will left you cross over the oceans freely. You would also have to include in the code the change between character overworld sprite to your replaced surfing sprite, and anything else such as the surfing music.

Things you would need to do:
-Hack a key item into a raft.
-Replace the surfing sprite
-Script to where that you cannot pass the water unless you have the raft into your key items bag, switch sprites, and etc.
-Place the script over any waters edge that can lead to big bodies of water that can be surfed on.

I would think that past the waters edge where the script is, all other water can be set to where it's just completely passable. The waters edge needs to be solid in some way.

This is the only way I could think of doing it. Sure, you could go in the map editor and set it so that the water is only passable by surfing, but that would still require a pokemon with surf, yeah?

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
I know Im being a bother with this but this is on purpose, Does anyone know where I can get a version or File for PokePic that will allow me to import/export pokemon sprites? Because so far RomHacker XP isnt working and AVG sees it as a virus and my current PokePic doesnt do anything with fire red, no really it does nothing. Please could someone respond because I tried making a thread once before and It said it needed to be approved and I got no where with that.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I know Im being a bother with this but this is on purpose, Does anyone know where I can get a version or File for PokePic that will allow me to import/export pokemon sprites? Because so far RomHacker XP isnt working and AVG sees it as a virus and my current PokePic doesnt do anything with fire red, no really it does nothing. Please could someone respond because I tried making a thread once before and It said it needed to be approved and I got no where with that.

You could just use unLZgba like so many people already do...

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Does anyone know how to successfully import a bitmap into Tile Layer Pro without it messing up?

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
You could just use unLZgba like so many people already do...

Well the thing is, I want to change A TON of sprites and I dont want to have to go through every single one with UNLZ. Does anyone have any expericence with RSBall? It seems to work it just wont IMPORT any of my sprites.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well the thing is, I want to change A TON of sprites and I dont want to have to go through every single one with UNLZ. Does anyone have any expericence with RSBall? It seems to work it just wont IMPORT any of my sprites.

Are the sprites indexed?
There is a tutorial here for RSball... it is fairly new... go look in docs/tuts

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Does anyone know how to successfully import a bitmap into Tile Layer Pro without it messing up?

Well, if it doesn't work, use Tile Molester Alternate.. That can import bitmaps I think and I find it easier to use than Tile Layer Pro.The only thing you need to get it to work properly is Java Runtime Environment to be installed omn your computer and and the offset of the images in Tile Molester Alternate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back