• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[DE] CODING [M] [OOC + SU]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I need to read all these supposedly crazy SUs and see what I'm getting myself into. Thanks for the reservation! But actually, can I change it to Cyndaquil? :>

Yeah. You really need to xD They're all awesomesauce itself :p
And sure, switching from Charmander to Cyndaquil xD

Chalifoux

Years
I've thought of starting the RP either now or when Rika is finished with her SU, which is when we will have a total of 6 characters, half the spots :] I'm more inclined to the latter but I wanted to know if you can wait enough for her to finish or would like to swamp the IC as soon as possible o3o

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
No worries. I probably can't finish a SU until tomorrow at earliest so if people want to start today I'm fine with it :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
DONE.

Cyndaquil_Scratch_Sprite_by_Starrmyt.png
Name: Jane Egbert

Appearance: Jane is 165 cm tall and weighs about 60 kg. This means that she isn't the thinnest girl around but she shouldn't really be called overweight either. Healthy body build! - as her grandma often says. Her skin is pale, not because she can't get a nice tan if she tries, but because she doesn't really try. Her eyes are light blue, almost cyan, and her hair is so dark it looks black. It is cut in a short fashion, sometimes making her look like a boy from behind.

She wears large, oval glasses. Without them, she can still see, but not at all as good. For clothing on her journey, she has constructed and assembled her own "perfect" outfit. She's sporting durable boots and leggings with knee-protectors that possibly makes her look silly. She is certain that safety should come first on an adventure though! She wears a short tunic over that, and a simple beige t-shirt closest to the body. An utility belt with pouches sits on her hip and gloves and shoulder protectors complete her look of a pokémon trainer who knows what's important. At least in her opinion. Her grandma forced a beret on her and Jane agreed only because it was cyan, like most of the rest of her clothes. Cyan, like her eyes, is her favorite color. So guess what color her earphones are?

Personality: Jane is a quirky girl who often sighs at her more girly classmates and neighbors. She wouldn't dream of wearing a dress - maybe if she got a million pokédollars for it, or if someone's life depended on it. Maybe. She has just accepted that she isn't quite as girly as most others and therefore lives her life content with being the geeky tomboy who only hangs out with guy friends and who never wears make up. Well, the truth is that she is sometimes sad about feeling different, but she doesn't let anyone know that.

Her main interest in life is pokémon, and knowing everything on pokémon. In the future, she wishes to become a researcher and learn more about the evolutions and powers of pokémon. Even though she can appreciate a good story, it is not the legends and myths around pokémon that fascinate her. She prefers facts that can be proven and investigated with tangible results. Like the stuff pokémon professors do!

Despite not often showing fright or sadness, Jane can be a quite emotional teenager. She gets frustrated easily with people she considers dumb, or pokémon who train or treat their pokémon badly. She often thinks that her way is the right and best way and has a certain level of pride in her knowledge. However, if she realizes that someone knows more than her or is better than her at something, she is more prone to idolizing them and wanting them to teach them than to get jealous - at least if they are older than her. With younger people, she can get irritated. Don't judge her before you meet her though! She can be quite happy and friendly with people who don't condemn her.

There is one more interesting hobby that Jane has; she can't live without a constant soundtrack. She nearly never takes off her earpieces, letting them dangle around her neck when she has to take them out, as she always wants to have a fitting piece of music for every situation. These earphones are perfect, giving her a clear sound of music but still letting in noises from the surroundings so that she can hear what's going on around her and so that she is able to talk to people at the same time that she is listening to music. Sometimes people find that rude, though. If she for some reason can't listen to music, she will just imagine a soundtrack for the present situation inside her head.

Backstory: Jane Egbert was born in Goldenrod City, the child of a successful businesswoman who worked in the top layer of the Pokémart board. Her father was a construction worker and no one really understood how the two had fallen in love and even less why they had decided to start a family together. They couldn't be more different. When Jane had asked about it, her grandma (her mother's mother) had told her that her mother loved her father because he was different from the horrible people she was working with every day. He was genuine and she needed that to stay sane. Jane still didn't quite understand.

One day when Jane was still a pre-school child, her mother had been tragically killed in an accident on a business trip. Filled with grief and hating big cities forever since, Jane's father moved what was left of the family to the much quieter town of New Bark. His mother in law came with them, to help raise Jane. Grandma and dad always bickered but Jane was pretty sure that they were close as real family despite that. Dad was never quite as happy as before the accident, understandably. Jane though was never overly sad about it, even though she had loved her mother. She just accepted that she was gone rather easily, which worried her grandma some.

As Jane grew up, she despised her grandma's attempts to make her girly and walk in her mother's footsteps. Instead, she became her geeky, tomboyish self of today. Her father was proud of her for staying genuine no matter what, but her grandma kept trying and is still trying today. The beret is the last proof of that, since she thought it would make Jane look a bit stylish instead of just weird with that trainer outfit of hers, even though Jane went "er mah gerd" in a negative way when she looked herself in the mirror with it on for the first time...

She did good in school, not counting the social front. Girls bullied her and only the uncool guys wanted to hang out with her. To them, she was pretty cool; a girl who was knowledgeable and not as condemning as most other girls. She accepted this fate even though she always had kept a bit of regret inside for not trying harder. Truth is that the death of her mother affected her more than she knows herself, and had part in her not having the will to try and become more like her. It hurt too much, so she buried that and went a different way instead.

Team:
155.gif

Cyndaquil M; CYN
[FLASH FIRE] Lv 8
Tackle | Leer | Extrasensory | Howl | Smokescreen

535.gif

Tympole F; MADELINE
[HYDRATION] Lv 8
Bubble | Growl | Bounce | Endeavor​

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
@machomuu. It's okay o3o I'll look forward for your SU Sheet :3

@ Rika. I can't help but picture this two guys together when looking at your SU xD
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haha! Well, she pretty much is Jane so perfect then :p Or a mix of Jane and John, so even more perfect. And Jade of course. I might end up using Jade's appearance like I originally wanted to. But Jane's fits better for the personality I have in mind.

Chalifoux

Years
So... I'll post Chapter 1 now... I also ask for a tiny bit of patience while I assign you all movesets for your Pokémon before you begin to post, please o3o

Obscurity

Princess of Pithiness
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
No, I shall not have patience! I refuse.

No problem. ;3

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
@Obscurity Ahahaha! xD Don't worry, here they are:

179.png

Mareep
[STATIC]
Tackle | Growl | Flatter | Iron Tail

158.png

Totodile
[SHEER FORCE]
Scratch | Leer | Dragon Dance | Ice Punch

147.png

Dratini
[SHED SKIN]
Twister | Leer | Double Team | Incinerate

079.png

Slowpoke
[REGENERATOR]
Tackle | Psyshock | Block | Rest

152.png

Chikorita
[LEAF GUARD]
Tackle | Razor Leaf | Sunny Day | Heal Pulse​

Gen III onwards moves/abilities because why not? Seriously, let's assume these moves and abilities appeared before the RP began and follow Gen V movepools and stuff. Now go catch a million Zigzagoon, errybody! :D

doge

???
Years
I'm going to be inactive starting this afternoon until sometime this Sunday because I'm going to be gone on a trip. I might have some access to a laptop/internet but chances of that happening are slim.

Hopefully I don't miss out on too much while I'm gone, but I'm tempted to try to rush a starting post now/in the morning after I wake up :p

Years
I reckon I'll let someone else post before I do, simply so I can get back into the swing of things and match up with how everyone else posts (including CSS if it comes to that). I've always been a bit of a mirror-poster. ...Or maybe not. I'll just do retroactive edits.

Also whoa yeah Hector's Totodile has some good moves. Just for the sake of being sure, we have the Gen 4 Physical/Special split too, right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Whoa, those are some nice movesets! Gotta make my final SU spectacular so that I'll get something sweet as well. I'd love me an electric move tehehe...

Chalifoux

Years
@ -Sam. No worries, I'll try to keep a smooth pace so that you can quickly catch up when you're back ;]

@ Tokio. Now that's an awesome post you made :D
I'll make sure to submit a reply with what happens in each house anytime soon ;]

@ Rika. I'm eagerly looking forward for your SU :3
Electric moves, eh? xD
We will have to see about that ;D

EDIT: Special/Physical split is a yus yuss o3o

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Working on it now! Pimping jane a little hehehe.

Years
I'll just say for simplicity's sake that yup, that's where he is. I wasn't really angling for anywhere in particular, other than on the Eastern side of the town.

Years
I made a GSC sprite for Hector! (By "made" I mean shamelessly edited an existing GSC sprite). For now, since I find CSS impossible to wrap my head around, this will be the extent of my prettying up. (I think it needs a bit of touching up, but I'll come back to it later)

2j1kl92.png

Last edited:
Back