• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I rather Magnezone stayed with Magnet Pull and continued his role as a Steel type killer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
No? Even with Levitate, it's still very much weak to Fire and Fighting attacks. Any decent Uber Pokemon would still most likely kill it in the rain with a good powered Fire Blast. If that's out of the question, there's still plenty of Focus blasts to go around. Point being, Magnezone is in no way overpowered, with or without Levitate.
What? Kill it in the Rain with a Fire Blast? Do you mean to say kill it in the sun? As Rain weakens fire Moves...or do you mean to say it's special defense is just that weak?

I think MegaMagnezone should gain some speed and some special defense.

Years
Ferrothorn can be OHKO'd by a Fire Blast Dialga in Rain. It is not impossible to do the same with a Magnezone. Of course, you're right in one aspect--the damage output is significantly lowered because it's only 2x weak instead of 4x weak...but...

56+ SpA Dialga Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone in rain: 152-180 (45.5 - 53.89%) -- 3.91% chance to 2HKO

Keep in mind, that is defensive Dialga, something that is not made to sweep at all, and it has a fairly decent chance of 2HKO'ing 'Zone in rain with a good damage roll. But let's see actual offensive Dialga.

252+ SpA Dialga Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone in rain: 174-206 (52.09 - 61.67%) -- 97.66% chance to 2HKO

I'd say there's quite a different in damage, wouldn't you? Rain isn't the end-all-be all when it comes to Fire attacks in ubers--some are still strong enough to deal some catastrophic damage to you if you aren't careful, or have certain precautions first--which is why I'm saying that 'Zone wouldn't be that good of a candidate, anyway. That, and it's ridiculously slow for the purpose that it's given. I honestly think that it's a sitting duck for attacks in ubers, but I could be wrong, but seeing as I've never seen a Magnezone in ubers ever (what is it honestly going to trap? Dialga? Genesect? Admittedly, it could possibly OHKO the latter with HP Fire, provided you're not decimated by flamethrower first, but 'Zone is more or less helpless against Dialga), there's a good chance that it won't be "overpowered" anytime soon.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to 'Zone having a megaevolution of some sort, but I'm not sure what the particular form would achieve that the regular form doesn't already.
Hence why I think they should give it's Mega should it be given one more speed and special defense :)

Years
"According to an interview on Polygon, it has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y. " This is from Serebii. So it seems it is just Gen I-IV (we have yet to confirm Gen V Megas...) Megas...at least for these two games. Hopefully they'll get some Megas in the third version/ sequels or old generation remakes.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would say they will add a few in the third version/sequels. They will probably add a bit more in the next generation that they are probably already planning a little of like with BW and BW2.

But im interested.... how is Polygon linked to the 6th gen and how did it lead to saying none of the 6th gen pokemon would have Megalutions? Just ignore this part marked out...

Years
I would say they will add a few in the third version/sequels. They will probably add a bit more in the next generation that they are probably already planning a little of like with BW and BW2. But im interested.... how is Polygon linked to the 6th gen and how did it lead to saying none of the 6th gen pokemon would have Megalutions?
It was an interview on Polygon (not the Pokemon for anyone reading it as Porygon xD). I'm guessing Masuda or someone else said there'll be no Kalos Megas at least for these two games (note it says XY, not Gen VI).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Opps..... yeah I am still half alsleep Lol... Hahaha my bad.

But anyways, I really don't want to see Megalutions for 6th Gen yet. I would like to see a few for 5th, but it wouldn't disappoint me. I still really want a Empoleon Megalution.

Years
Opps..... yeah I am still half alsleep Lol... Hahaha my bad.

But anyways, I really don't want to see Megalutions for 6th Gen yet. I would like to see a few for 5th, but it wouldn't disappoint me. I still really want a Empoleon Megalution.
I want a MegaEmpoleon too...I bet it'll look awesome! Hopefully though it won't have spikes...as thus far the two Sinnoh Megas have. Hoenn's have been rather unique thus far one gaining wings, one changing it's color scheme and a different headcrest, and another got wings!

I do want a Porygon Z Mega though :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Well it seems the Kalos starters will be useless compared to Kanto an Hoenn starters that will have Mega evolutions and Kalos starters will not.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Mega Charizard has Drought, Which means he should be the lead pokemon on a Sun Team. Being the First Pokemon makes him Safe from Stealth Rock Damage until he leaves. Venusaur's DW ability is Chlorophil, making him a great Sun Sweeper. Blastoise Can Learn Rapid Spin to clear Stealth Rock, allowing Mega Charizard to return unharmed.

Great team synergy with the Kanto Starters now!

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
"According to an interview on Polygon, it has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y. " This is from Serebii. So it seems it is just Gen I-IV (we have yet to confirm Gen V Megas...) Megas...at least for these two games. Hopefully they'll get some Megas in the third version/ sequels or old generation remakes.
I've been hoping that no Kalos pokemon would receive megas. See how happy we fans are at trying to speculate what megas will come out for the current pokemon? If Kalos pokemon already came out with megas, there would be no fun in trying to guess them. Furthermore, by allowing Kalos pokemon to sit out without a mega, they can test the waters to see how powerful--overpowered or underpowered--they become, and give them megas accordingly. (I haven't actually looked at this serebii interview though, just saying I'm happy if it turns out this way.)

Edit: Although I do hope the 3rd version (or sequels) will introduce megas for some Kalos pokemon. It sounds like this would be a good way to revive our excitement for playing a game with the same pokemon.

Years
I've been hoping that no Kalos pokemon would receive megas. See how happy we fans are at trying to speculate what megas will come out for the current pokemon? If Kalos pokemon already came out with megas, there would be no fun in trying to guess them. Furthermore, by allowing Kalos pokemon to sit out without a mega, they can test the waters to see how powerful--overpowered or underpowered--they become, and give them megas accordingly. (I haven't actually looked at this serebii interview though, just saying I'm happy if it turns out this way.)

Edit: Although I do hope the 3rd version (or sequels) will introduce megas for some Kalos pokemon. It sounds like this would be a good way to revive our excitement for playing a game with the same pokemon.
I agree it would make it feel more newer, especially since unlike formes they're not mostly reserved for legends.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
What I don't like with no Kalos pokemon with Mega is once the starters will get third stage they will be left out by other gen starters that have mega like Torchic.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Remember you can only have 1 Mega in your party at a time or in a battle at a time, so I do not think they will be forgotten.

Let me double check what I just said though, I might be wrong. I know I read that somewhere, but I cannot find it at the moment.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Remember you can only have 1 Mega in your party at a time or in a battle at a time, so I do not think they will be forgotten.

Let me double check what I just said though, I might be wrong. I know I read that somewhere, but I cannot find it at the moment.

You are allowed to only use 1 per battle. So once you transform once, that can be your only Mega for that battle. Whether you switch it out, revert it (if possible), or even if it faints...its the only Mega you are allowed in that battle.

Back