• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gen 1 Pokémon Fan Club

Which starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
My first kanto starter was squirtle but the other 100 times i played red and fire red it was charmander.
My favorite kanto starter is poliwhirl. Definitely poliwhirl.
zubat is better than rattata:no reason
Current team fire red: charizard lvl 58/\dragonite lvl 58/\lapras lvl 58/\raichu lvl 58/\nidoking lvl 58/\kabutops lvl 58
MY IDEAL TEAM AND CURRENT TEAM woooooop have a great day and love kanto

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Hey, with X and Y coming out soon, what Kanto Pokémon deserves a Mega Evolution or new evo/pre-evo?

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Your Username: Umbr30n
Favourite Gen I Pokémon:

Spr_1y_150.png

Why did you join this club?: Because I like loads of Pokémon from Generation I, and it's very unique compared to the other Generations for the fact that it had less types, and that the Special Stat was exclusive to it.

Why did you choose your favourite Pokémon?: Because Mewtwo is VERY overpowered with Amnesia in this Generation (Well, without it, it's still OP anyway) and many people like to play with broken stuff.

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle): Charmander, because it evolves into a Fissure-Capable DRAGON!

What Pokémon did you see most prominently in your Pokémon Gen 1 play through? Do you like this Pokémon?: The Rattata line, and no, I don't like it too much. Though it could be TOP PERCENTAGE if you're Youngster Joey. Fortunately, there's no Youngster Joey with a Rattata in this Generation, as far as I can remember.

What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why?: Mewtwo, because, as said before, it's broken in this generation.

Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat?: Zubat, I actually took the time to meet hundreds of them (Well, Mewtwo did, anyway). As for Rattata, yeah, it's awesome with Super/Hyper Fang, but other than that, it's pretty bad.

KirbyX

Veteran Pokemon Master
Years
Your username: Kirby X
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:
I can't decide between; Gengar, Snorlax or Dragonite
Why did you choose to join this club? In my OP the most Legit Pokemon come from Gen1 with a few dozen exception's regarding the 400 + Pokemon created since Gen
Favorite Starter: Pikachu, because come on a what other pokemon ever tore it up on a surfboard!
Favorite Legendary: Mewtwo, still BA in FR/LG, Calm Mind replaced Amnesia BTW Umbr30n, plus the addition of Bulk Up.
I encountered Zubat/Golbat allot more than Rattata/Raticate, Zubat stupidly healed my negative status conditions with Mist/Haze, I cannot remember which.
The rat's were powerful attackers though they couldn't take a hit at least they could dish one out.
PS if anyone in here would like to online network emulator battle or trade FR/LG
in the near future message me!

Last edited:
Years
Username - Thepizzatree
Favorite pokemon gen 1 - Well, i cant pick just one so i got three : Charizard, pikachu and pidgeot. ^^
Why i want to join this club? Well, because gen 1 was where it all started and its where is spend 90% of my childhood, i love everything about gen 1, and i cant count how many times i've watched the season. I still play my Gameboy color when i need to relax.

Starter - Well, thats gonna have to be charmander, cause the charmander ash meets acts and behaves in a way that i would behave if i was a pokemon.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Hey guys, back from a X/Y montage! What Pokémon of Red's Pokémon set from GSC/HGSS/B2W2 was your favorite?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Did you like how Mewtwo was included in X/Y?

I'm not quite sure, I actually have kinda mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it was a great addition for the fans of the first generation. Mewtwo had kinda been losing touch over the years, with being replaced by Arceus as the strongest Pokemon in the world, and generally just becoming less popular, compared to the immense popularity it'd gained during the first generation, and bringing it back for an upgrade in X and Y, simply to appeal to the old crowd that still plays Pokemon, showed how much they still care about the fans. But on the other hand, it might just have been part of their marketing scheme to possibly bring back older fans who'd quit playing the games, by bringing back a lot of things pertaining to the first generation of Pokemon (the Origins anime, the Kanto starters and Mewtwo). I'm not really sure how I feel about the way they changed up Mewtwo though. I mean, the mega evolutions are a good idea, but I don't really like how they've been tinkering with the old Pokemon, and especially the designs of Mewtwo felt kinda lacking and rushed, as to just bring in something new. Mewtwo honestly kinda reminds me of Freeza from Dragonball with its Y form, by going into a smaller form, yet still becoming much stronger :p

But yeah, in the end I guess I'm happy they brought him back. It'd seemed like they'd kinda forgotten about him, since his legacy had already been ruined with the addition of Arceus, no movies ever really revolved around him anymore, and the only game he'd appeared in for years were Heartgold and Soulsilver. So I feel like it was a bit of a revival, and as he's one of my favourite Pokemon concept-wise, I think that's great :)

TrinityLovesPokemon

TrinityLovesPokemon
Years
Username: TrinityLovesPokemon
Favorite gen 1 Pokémon: Growlithe
Why did I choose to join this club? 1 gen was the first gen I played! I've played it since I was two, and to this day I still have the Blue cartridge and my teal Gameboy Color up in my room. Every once in a while I check the game, it always brings back childhood memories. *plus, gen 1's got Lavender Town :)*
Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat? Rattata. Only because whenever I went into a cave, I didn't have to fight it fifty freaking times.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Bumpity bump! I got ahold of a legit saving Pokémon Red cart! :) so nostalgic. P.S. Everyone, we are NOT genwunners. (At least not me.)

Years
Username: Soldier Randy
Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:Charmander family line.
Why did I choose to join this club?: Well I love Pokémon, and this was the beginning of it all, also my first Pokémon game was Blue Version.

Which starter Pokemon is my favourite,
and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and
Squirtle): Well of course it was Charmander, I saw it for the first time in the anime, he was abandoned but keep loyal to his trainer, he was kind of weak at the beginning and them he was so strong he wouldn't listen to anybody and finally he was just so loyal again to Ash. He's design is just perfect and then it becomes a Charizard wich is the perfect Fire (and Flying) type. Well he has been my favourite pokémon since day 1, how can't I choose him?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Your username: Bruce Banner
Your favorite Gen 1 PokemonMagmar
Why did you choose to join the club: While I like all of the generations, Gen. 1 was probably my favorite. It was the generation that I started on, and is still the generation I watch all the time. I want to join this club to talk with other Gen. 1 fans, and to talk nd the whims of pokemon in general. Gen. 1 games aren't my favorite however, but a lot of the gen. 1 pokemon and the gen. 1 anime are my favorite.
Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon Magmar or charizard are my favorite pokemon, but I chose magmar because I don't believe that he has been taken yet. Ever since I saw magmar at Blaine's gym he has been one of my favoite. He is just such a badass, and I wish that he was featured more. I don't like his evolution, Magmortar. He makes magmar seems slow and sluggish which he is not.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Your username: Wicked3DS
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:
006.png
(cliché, I know)
Why did you choose to join this club?: Generation 1 will always be my favorite just because it was the one that started it all and how revolutionary it truly was when it began.
Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat? Zubat, I always liked Golbat (and later Crobat) but never cared for Raticate.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Do you like the legendary birds and why?
Yes, definitely. These three legendaries are few of my most favorite, in fact! Been fan of them ever since I was a kid. If I had to pick only one though, I'd probably go with Zapdos. It looks quite fierce in terms of design, as it has spiky body, small eyes, and sharp claws and beak. It's even more amazing when it comes to battling. It has great defenses, decent Speed, and its movepool is filled with a range of attacks. It doesn't have many weaknesses, either. Ice and rock would be the only things that it's supper-effective against, I think. My second favorite would have to be Articuno. It has a beautiful body color, and its feathers look really elegant. My third favorite is, of course, Moltres. d:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I definitely did use glitches in the originals. I mean, since the originals barely had any post-game, and since beating the E4 over and over gets a bit boring after a while, any opportunity to mix up the game experience a bit had to be grabbed. Especially when your friend tells you about a bunch of awesome glitches. Well, the only one I actually ever heard about from my friends was the MissingNo. one, but that was during a time when we barely even used the internet, so it was still pretty exciting nonetheless. And I just thought it was awesome to have a Pokemon above level 100 with which I could wreck everyone and everything, and I actually never experienced any of the side-effects that were to come with catching MissingNo., so I was actually pretty surprised when I learned of how gamebreaking it could be :p

Other than that, the only ones I've ever done have been the surf through objects one, the one where you're able to get into the Cycling Road without owning a bike, and of course the Mew one. All of those were far later than the MissingNo. one though, so they're honestly not too nostalgic. But pretty fun to discover that they were all possible. So yeah, I have tried out a few, but I reckon there are still a bunch I haven't tried out, and I really want to check out the Glitch City one at one point :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back