• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Pokémon as a harem anime would be gross ngl. The romance factor is already hella upped with Serena's crush. And pretty much all of Pokémon's character development comes from characters learning to be independent while maintaining solid friendships. Ash ending up with a harem would result in all the girls' lives revolving around him, probably to the point of neglecting relationships with other characters (as we saw initially with Serena, though she's grown closer to Bonnie). Why can't we have girls who are just not interested in Ash? It'd be interesting to have a serious girl rival and I'm sure shipping would take off anyway.

I'm just really against Pokémon going with in-your-face romance. That's not its thing. Pokémon the anime is about friendship and ****, not extensive tales of romance and love triangles. Romantic shipping is for the fans.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
More shamless teasing. im sorry anna

2ez31j7.png

For those who might not know ( the ones that people care about at least), it says:

Ash ---> Clemont: "Science is awesome!" or something along those lines.

Serena -----> Ash: "...Like/Love?"

Ash -----> Serena: "Friend/Buddyl!"
(I'm so sorry Serena lmfao)

Clemont ----> Ash is saying: " Impressed by the love of his pokemon!"

So they're still keeping this whole crush thing in the air for w/e reason.

Last edited:

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
Years
Kalo is based on France that represent Beauty & Love.
So If Ash ever suppose to have a Harem then this is the right region !!
Some of you might say that Ash already have a Harem but those girl lives world apart from each other So you can't enjoy it.
I like to see what happen when there is atleast 3 girl in one series that love's Ash.
That would make the show interesting .
Current if They simply show Serena alone crushing on Ash then soon it will get boring.
Here are the candidates -

-Serena , Childhood friend

-Rival , A wealthy girl with similar personality as Ash's Snivy .

-A popular pop-Idol who leaving secret live as a challenger.

-A flirt girl like Green (Pokespe) who usually flirt with Ash.

-A Rich girl like Plantina (Pokespe) who like to experience different thing.

-A prodigy & idol who act like ''Innocent Cutesy Girl'' outside but inside she is a sadistic with foulmouthed.
I'm sorry, but I can't see Satoshi as a sultan. </missingthepoint>

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I'm still not sure why they're teasing this ship so much. First the poster, then the trailers, then episodes, now a damn relationship chart, which alludes to her potentially being in love with him. I mean, I like Amourshipping...but really? They're going on overdrive for a ship that likely won't go anywhere because Ash is Ash.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Noooo kidding. I mean the poster pretty much shut it down from Ash's side anyway lmfao poor Serena. Clemont and Ash's connection is lovely but I don't like that the chart ignores Serena and Bonnie's connection. And there's also the imbalance of Clemont and Serena not actually having a connection to speak of... sigh. There's a weak link in the group right there and I really hope that Serena stops being Ash-focused so she can nurture other relationships. Like I totally don't mind her having a crush but if it gets in the way of development then ugh. And also I saw something saying that this dynamic is basically the Ash Fanclub and... I hope it doesn't stay that way haha. He does need someone to call him out sometimes.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Pokémon as a harem anime would be gross ngl. The romance factor is already hella upped with Serena's crush. And pretty much all of Pokémon's character development comes from characters learning to be independent while maintaining solid friendships. Ash ending up with a harem would result in all the girls' lives revolving around him, probably to the point of neglecting relationships with other characters (as we saw initially with Serena, though she's grown closer to Bonnie). Why can't we have girls who are just not interested in Ash? It'd be interesting to have a serious girl rival and I'm sure shipping would take off anyway.

I'm just really against Pokémon going with in-your-face romance. That's not its thing. Pokémon the anime is about friendship and ****, not extensive tales of romance and love triangles. Romantic shipping is for the fans.

Shugo Chara has much better friendship , Humor and character development despite The protagonist having a Harem !!!
As far as I see , Amourshipping will get boring soon if They just show Serena's feeling.
Unless off course , Serena face a rival and become jealous .
Currently everything Normal which is big problem because Pokemon is Anime So Everything here has to beyond Normal .
Plus , Serena could use some Lover of her own .
Her crush can allow some interesting character to be born.
Such as-

-1) A Cold & rude rival like Paul who's from the same city as Serena and he was her classmet. He act just as coldly as Ash's other main rival However he has one Weakness Call Serena Herself.
He's been in love with her ever since he first saw her So He get frozen everytime Serena talk & touch him.

-2) A rival Based on Bullies from classic Japanese Anime who travel with his 2 lakey. At first he will brutally Defect a random trainer and walk away while his 2 lacky butter him. He will notice a lot of ''Couple'' around him and curse them
Meanwhile Serena trick Ash into going on a Date with Her . While She was busy chosing a dress for herself , Ash encounter that rival bullying a trainer and stand up to him .
At first That Rival tries intimidate Ash until Serena show up with pouty-face for Ash leaving her along .She grad Ash's arm and pull him creating a ''Date''-like situation.
It cause a major Breakdown to the rival as he start shouting ''Its so unfair ! A Plain Boy like that going on a Date with a Major Beauty like that while a Handsome boy like me walking alone with this 2 idiot who keep calling me Boss ! Its not fair ''
He challenge Ash to a battle to vest his anger on him but he get defected by Ash.

It will be cool & funny to see Character like that.
Imagine Ash & Gang trying to put a surprise Birthday party to Bonnie and call other rivals for help.
This 2 weren't interest at all until Serena personally ask them .
The cold rival get frozen while Bully rival shout '' I WILL PUT THE BIGGEST BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR THAT LITTLE BRAT''

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Will ash get in a relationship?

So, maybe he gets a girlfiend with the pokemon xy series. Maybe? He shurley needs one. But they have played us before, not even the dazzling casanova Brock got a happy ending.
What do you think?

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Um... Shipping? I was thinking more on speculation on the tv series. Isn't Shipping fanfic/slash-thingy?
~_~
Edit: okay so you are discussing it, i still dont get the ship-thing. Then again i migth be getting old...

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Shipping covers the discussion and speculation about potential relationships as well as the fantasization about various pairings.

That said, I doubt he'll ever have a girlfriend. Sure, there have been and will be girls and maybe boys with a legit interest in him. And there might be some feelings toward some people on Ash's part. But he ain't gonna get together with anyone in canon.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
#foreveralone :P

I don't think Serena would just move along, though. She wouldn't just be friendzoned yet. I think they want to increase suspense and speculation to promote X&Y anime, just maybe.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
#foreveralone :P

I don't think Serena would just move along, though. She wouldn't just be friendzoned yet. I think they want to increase suspense and speculation to promote X&Y anime, just maybe.

In that case , A female rival would do a better job then Serena !!!
Considering The fact that Pokemon never had strong female challenger around Ash's age ! All female challenger so far treated ether as Comic relief or Newbie !!!
I wonder , What if Pokemon have a female rival who's super-strong , arrogant ,Selfish, Prideful , insensitive , mean , self-centered , rude , cold , calm , Cruel and incredibly cute ??? A girl who's main pokemon is a Sylveon .
On the surface , She a strong person but inside she will sad lonely girl .
But Her encounter with Ash slowly changes rotten personality ! She learn to make friend and able to her kind side.
She later develop feeling for Ash but doesn't realize it until they showdown in the Pokemon League !!
Like this girl- http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Rika_Nonaka
Ya , I know someone here will ask me this - Why does the female protagonist has to develop feeling for Ash?
Because , Pokemon is an Anime !
And In Anime Everything has to be interesting , exciting & above-average.
What is more exciting then the shipping between 2 person with opposite Personality ????
Currently , Serena's personality & her chemistry with Ash seem totally average So People will lose all interest from Amourshipping.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
To put it bluntly... no, it won't work because anime has to continue =D
Yea, putting Serena as osananajimi character may show that writers start to put romance a bit into anime but no, anime has to continue with fresh new characters that join Satoshi.
If SatoSere were to work, I don't think they would go separate ways and that would break the rule of having new girl protagonist each season.

I'm still SatoHaru, though =D

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
To put it bluntly... no, it won't work because anime has to continue =D
Yea, putting Serena as osananajimi character may show that writers start to put romance a bit into anime but no, anime has to continue with fresh new characters that join Satoshi.
If SatoSere were to work, I don't think they would go separate ways and that would break the rule of having new girl protagonist each season.

I'm still SatoHaru, though =D

Aren't there already a thread to discuss this ???
Anyway , Pokemon can't go on forever by repeating the same circle ! You saw how lower rating XY series debut got despite being more excellent then previous series debut .
At this moment , Replacing Ash Or not replacing him will have the same result .
So , Writer might finally break the circle and end Ash's story for Fresh new start therefore Setosere might be a cannon
Problem is that Serena's personality & her relationship is just too average and plain.
We need a heroin who can create moment like this-

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

As You see , Only a Serious-minded Tsundere can create moment like this !
Someone who doesn't admit her feeling and always tries to act like an adult by sacrificing her girly & childish side but fails .
Nice guy character like Ash fit well with Tsundere .
Serena's Very cute but she staring look too normal !
So Unless Writer do something to make Serena personality interesting , This Shipping won't go further then it already gone now !!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
So Unless Writer do something to make Serena personality interesting , This Shipping won't go further then it already gone now !!!

Sorry, but its only been 11 episodes out of... possibly close to 200, so I wouldn't worry now. There's plenty of time for her character to develop, as well as figure out a goal for herself.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Sorry, but its only been 11 episodes out of... possibly close to 200, so I wouldn't worry now. There's plenty of time for her character to develop, as well as figure out a goal for herself.

Serena was fine when she was Sassy and willing to attack a Pokemon .
But for Gods know what reason , Writer turn Serena into Overly nice & gentle girl .
Believe me, nowadays People really doesn't like overly Nice guy protagonist because there seem to be so many of them . Now People like character who act like a Bad Boy.
Misty is still popular because she Sassy , Bossy , Short-tempered ,Slight selfish , always complain and sharp tong.
Even ''Y'' (Pokepse Counterpart of Serena) seem more interesting probably because she's short-temper , Serious, mature and less gentler then Anime Serena .
Writer can make Serena Sassy again but a sudden change of attitude will feel weird ! Writer has to make it as natural as Possible ,
Also , People usually likes ''Love & Hate'' relationship ! I think People will like if Ash start to tease Serena and make her angry time to time to have fun it her !
But Serena act like that she can never get angry at Ash . Her acting like a ''Fangirl'' is what make the shipping boring .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The thing is that Serena is not going to change just suddenly. I'm hoping to see her set aside the fangirlish crush as she realizes that Ash has changed and grown without her and is different from the fantasy version that exists in her mind. That separation should lead to her being more willing to call him out when he's being dumb or questioning his judgement. As she grows more comfortable with Clemont, I'm sure that sort of interaction will happen between them as well. She's not fully integrated into the group yet imo. She's fixated on an idealized memory of Ash (rather that who he is in person) and just starting to become a big sister to Bonnie. Sisterly interaction is almost if not always instigated by Bonnie, too. Serena has little to no standalone relationship with Clemont yet. She's an outsider to the little family that formed in episode 2. Once she becomes integrated and relationship types and roles become more defined, then we'll get more of an idea of how the ships would play out.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Let forget Serena for a moment !
How about Ash X Korrina ?
Since Serena crush seem obvious , Writer need to bring other girl as a competition for her in order to make this show interesting and fun .
Or Clemont X Shuana .
They know each other in game after all .
And also ,
Ash X Serious female rival .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The second two girls you mentioned aren't confirmed as existing in the anime yet though. ^^; Ash x Korrina I can't really see though if she's similar to her in-game personality. She seems very focused on her job and duties, which doesn't leave a lot of room for a romantic subplot in an anime such as this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
*looks at preview for Sylveon episode*

Serena is narrating and is freaking out, unsurprisingly. I suppose they had her narrate it because they wanted to push how much she's flustered over the CotD in this episode "asking Ash out", even though the CotD really only wants Ash to help her with her daycare kids through his Pokemon or w/e. Total misunderstanding.

So yeah, more Amour pushing.

As I said earlier, I still like this ship...but as you said Anna, she's gonna need to stop being so Ash focused and actually concentrate on growing herself at some point/strengthening other relationships. And I think it needs to start happening sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back