• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Do you like Sword Art Online?

harlchen

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Do you like Sword Art Online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I liked Sword Art: Online a lot to the extent that it was once my favourite anime, but as anyone who's watched it will know there's a huge change halfway through the season which... kind of threw me haha. It's hard to write much more without spoiling the big moment for anyone who's yet to reach that point, but basically I think they could've stretched the story out a lot more with it still being incredibly watchable. I just feel like the whole of the first half of the series was... a little wasted? It's all leading up to this huge dramatic point and then
Spoiler:
I just think it would have been a lot more enjoyable if it wasn't so rushed, it feels like they could have easily spent a lot more time on the 60 or so floors that they skipped over.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
@AOC: I believe the last 25 floors weren't shown because of game that is about to be released and which starts at 75th floor of Aincrad.
Wait wait wait what, what's this? :o Do you have any more info/news?

Tackle

Pancham
Years
Why don't? Sword Art Online is very awesome, the plot is interesting.
But I don't like ALO arc, because players needn't to fight for their life like SAO.

But I like Sword Art Online anyways. Waiting for GGO.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wait wait wait what, what's this? :o Do you have any more info/news?
About what? About my idea or about the game?
As I said, it's just my thought =) It might not be true =)
They might have wanted to go to Sister Affection Online as soon as possible and that's why they scrapped the last floors of Aincrad in anime.
As for the game. You may find trailers on YouTube and info on AnimeNewsNetwork.
It's about to be released soon on PSP =)

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Watched it while it was still airing. It looked really interesting and I looked forward to it. For some reason, some people I know were bashing it like it was the worst thing ever made, while the majority hyped it as the best animated series ever made. Thus instead of waiting for it to finish, I watched the first ~8 episodes that were out at the time and... I really didn't get the hype. It did start out strong with lots of potential (first episode only). But they blew it all with the completely irrelevant side stories. After that mess of around 6-7 episodes (especially the episodes with that mystery), they couldn't fix it anymore. The rest of the Aincard arc was so rushed, that most of the development happened offscreen. That's NOT the right way to do that. You can't just say that they knew each other for two years so they are really close, if they only met couple of times onscreen. The playing family with a random child was also terrible. At least the first antagonist was a little interesting, compared to the terrible second one. The antagonist from the second arc was the worst villain ever made. I'm talking about bad as badly written. But since the whole second arc was a mess, you can't expect a good villain heh.

In other words, I hated it and it's the worst anime I ever watched. And I've seen some bad shows.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The antagonist from the second arc was the worst villain ever made. I'm talking about bad as badly written. But since the whole second arc was a mess, you can't expect a good villain heh.
He played on being bastard... that's something Reki likes to put into his works ;)
It was similar to the main antagonist in Accel World.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
@Ash493 That guy from Accel World is an improvement over the guy from SAO. This one's just badly written and as cliche as he could get.

Years
I found the show to be really interesting at first, just because I liked the pretense. And then I found the show to be pretty good, and I enjoyed it more because it was fun than it was a super great show. But I enjoyed it while it lasted, and will probably watch the next arc. The second villain was a weirdo/was a weird villain. I never really understood his motives not gonna lie. Actually I never really got the first villain's motives either. Hmm.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
SAO was great overall, with the first half being fantastic and spectacular, then the second half kind of not fulfilling expectations compared to it. Either way, the ALO arc was still awesome.

Years
Spoilers aside, most people hate SOA because of the second season and beyond. I believe there's nothing wrong with it. It's just different, and there's nothing wrong with that. Overall the show is great, it's a unique idea, and it has a great plot. The pretense is very enjoyable also as Golurk said.

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Years
I've never watched this series yet, but based on pics I saw it looks awesome. Asuna even became one of my new fave anime characters, I do tend to love a lot of female anime characters (and a few male ones too!) not to mention Asuna looks so much like me with that hair.

The story and concept is nice, but I feel like there are too many females on the main cast (the only main male is apparently Kirito) did annoy me a bit, but when I get the time I should check this series out.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've never watched this series yet, but based on pics I saw it looks awesome. Asuna even became one of my new fave anime characters, I do tend to love a lot of female anime characters (and a few male ones too!) not to mention Asuna looks so much like me with that hair.

The story and concept is nice, but I feel like there are too many females on the main cast (the only main male is apparently Kirito) did annoy me a bit, but when I get the time I should check this series out.
Birito (Beater Kirito) is typical OP character so he's bound to have harem =)
Otherwise it wouldn't be mainstream ;)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
There are plenty of mainstream shows that aren't mindless harem**** with pathetic excuses for characters. As a fan of some of those shows that last post offends me.

Back