• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Does anyone else want all banned and unaired episodes edited and released in english?

Does anyone else want all banned and unaired episodes edited and released in english?

• Yes

Votes: 47 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Don't really care about the Jynx episodes not airing (considering the one is already in English and another one just seem like a filler episode, I did'nt even know anything was missing, until i went online.). And also I started to with mrs weatherford on the issue (even tho she only wrote about PKMN one time).

If the Team Plasma episodes don't air, then I respect that. I mean I imagine myself as a young Japanese kid who prob had a friend that was waiting for the episode, but never got to see it due to them dying the next day. So I can very much understand their feelings. I did wanna see the masquerade scene tho.

And Since the same people who dub the anime in the first season no longer dubs it, I'll just stick with the subs of the banned OS episodes.
------------------
Now some of the side specials and shorts I don't mind being dubbed in English.

Last edited:

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I'd have to say yes, I'd like to see the banned episodes in english and un-cut, but at the same time I also kind of don't, and I could just watch it on the internet, just in Japanese. Doesn't really bother me, but what ever, i'd say yes.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yeah, sure. (:
But they aren't actually allowed to ever air Electric Soldier Porygon anymore. It has a worldwide ban placed on it.

I did get to see the Ice Cave episode at one point, though. I also had a chance to watch the part of Electric Soldier Porygon that caused seizures.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Personally I would like to see them just for the sake of seeing them... Gotta watch'em all and catch'em all.

Also that is a pretty good organized list you put together.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i want to watch electric soldier porygon so bad! i was about to watch it but i kept getting an image in my head of myself spazzing out on the floor D:

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
Years
Huh, I am actually unfortunately not sure if they ever edited or even removed the more - ahem - "double-edged" scenes from the German or Italian versions of Pokémon, but I did hear about how some things were definitely removed from the English version of it.

Now, as much as I get why they removed what they removed (I went to watch the scenes on YouTube some day), I always find it somewhat dumb when Animes get edited or censored. >.<

I disliked it just as much in Sailor Moon, how they made a big deal out of Haruka x Michiru, so I obviously also didn't like what they did with Pokémon.

I personally feel like this stuff is not up to the "tv" (or the people who review the series), but to the parents. If they don't want their kid to find out about - let's say - transsexual people via a show (Scene with James and the bathing suit), they should just not use the tv as their personal babysitters.

Maybe I am just very old-fashioned about this stuff, I don't know.

Years
Not sure if Electric Soldier Porygon would be safe to release, if it caused seizures anong the Japanese youth :L

It's unfair the way the other Porygon pokes were affected by in though, in not appearing in the anime because of their young Porygon friend.

I'm for the release of all the other episodes though, and I consider myself lucky to have seen some of them.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Most of them should be fine to air. Tv today and back then is very diffrent now. Almost everything has some type of gun shooting at others. I seen a lot of the banned episodes before they were actually banned like the one when Team Rocket catches Santa.

But the Porygon one, I don't think it should be aired. I was watching clips in slow motion from it and it was hurting my eyes. Nothing else has ever done that to me. I was too afraid to watch the part that actually sent 600 kids to the hospital,even though it was like 100 times slower than the normal speed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
I do, specially because then we would get to see some more episodes in Kanto and Johto, which would bring everyone such nice memories. At least for me it would bring my childhood back :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
i have found a good websitethat has ALL the Pokémon episodes including the banned ones with English subs on most of them and i also think the banned episodes (including electric soldier porygon) should at least be put on a DVD with a warning and in case anyone didn't know the electric soldier porygon episode only causes seizures if your ALREADY PRONE TO THEM site is pokemonepisode.org btw

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
...only if they get Eric Stuart to voice James for the episode in which he gets inflatable breasts. I've gotten used to James' new dub voice actor, but I doubt he could pull off anything that spectacularly...well, James.

To be honest, that's the only episode I'd want to see dubbed, because I have very fond memories of James' antics in the earlier series (the tutu, the disturbing Officer Jenny costume and, of course, the Flaming Moltres, to name but three) and that was probably his crowning moment.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I want to see all banned episodes and unaired ones aired. Although i have seen all of them on kidswb except porygon's. They did a once in a lifetime thing without announcing it called the lost episodes. I don't remember to much about them since it was several years ago. Also the giant tentecruel one is banned on every station but boomerang.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey cupcakes, this thread is actually over 30 days old. Please don't revive or post in things that have been revived! You may make a new version of the topic if you want.

And frankke, you are not allowed to direct people to illegal streaming sites. Please keep this in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back