• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
great update man it's awesome this game has a lot of potential it is one of the best games i've seeen so far

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
i liked the video shinylugia looks like the seel is going to be helping u cross oceans to get to islands and stuff

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
you won't see seel for a while though. You'll meet him again later in the game during another atemp by team galactic. Anyway i will post more screens in a few days on the sidequest when you reach snowell city (the city after this event).

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Contest Time!(wow our very first contest)​

I need ideas for the layout of the second gym so I am holding a contest to look for the best idea. I am open to many ideas that many of you will come up with but just make sure it's possible to make with the limitations of Rpg maker XP. One more thing, the gym leader will be using psychic Pokemon!

Awards: 1st prize - be the 3rd gym leader + Will receive demo earlier than other members
Runner-up - Will receive demo earlier then other members

Contest ends this Saturday, so post away!​

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Just saw it and so far it really fits the plan i originally had for the gym but with a few twists.
Any more ideas will be shared through a PM or post.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
well i might as well enter wit one to sl. and looked at the vid, nice job comment posted on it.

anyways: its the second gym and its a phykick type huy. hmm... i actually have two ideas. one is more interaction then the other.

1. the player is forced to move around and cannot stop in the gym. kinda like a floating animation. there is portals in the gym that if you touch you go to the next room. (multiple portals). since you're forced to continueously float around, you'll need to get good at it otherwise you will be facing alot of trainers. there are several rooms you are forced to do this. once you get to the gym leader's room, you can move around freely and there is a portal he sends that allows you to go strait to the entrance after you beat him.

2. there are mirrors everywhere reflecting trainers that almost look real. you have to be able to tell exactly which trainer is real. then once you reach the gym leader. the mirror is a portal to his room. beat him and you can go strait back from when you came

how about those, and of course i would be happy to map it out for ya sl.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I like the first idea but ryushin5 already game me mirrors idea. I'm going to keep a list of ideas that make it trough my approval and on Saturday i will post a poll. I don't want this to be chosen by me I want everyone's opinion.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
gotcha an i was just offering them man. cant wait to see the big update though. and i can see why you got so annoyed wit the map, it takes a heck of alot of time to do it. im still not done but i like wat im getting.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Thanks to Pokemonplatinum we now have a banner to
advertise our game!

PEuserbar.png

Thanks Pokeplatinum, you're an awsome banner maker!

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I have an idea...

You have to find a key in the first room using hints that trainers give you if you beat them. The seond room has a room with seven doors. Only one leads to the third room while the rest lead to trainer battles. The third room has one trainer, but he makes five illusions and runs off. You have to beat the real one, but the illusions battle you as well. In the fourth room, would be the gym leaders room.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
There is an option that says scroll screen. Use that to move the screen but renember to make the option wait.. beacuse if you don't you'll be able to move while it scrolls. It takes time to figure out how many frames to wait but here's a start, scrolling 28 tiles in the speed, fast uses up about 140 frames. About the beta, the beta will have 4-5 gyms. I'm up to the second gym right now.

Rubii Naruto: I like your idea! Approved for final judgement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back