• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
In order to get the Legendary Dog to begin roaming the region, you must acquire the National Pokedex.

BTW - Suicune doesn't know Roar, so you don't have to worry about it disappearing.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Shinies are yummy.

Has anyone tried to catch a specific shiny Pokemon before and succeed? How long did it take? And were there any tricks in FR/LG to help catch shinies?

Years
Yup.

Porygon on Fire Red.
Dratini on Fire Red.
Poliwag on Fire Red.
Abra on Fire Red.
Treecko on Sapphire.

If you're also counting the 4th-gen, then add:
Dialga and Rotom on Diamond, which I no longer have.
Drifloon on Pearl.
Palkia on Pearl.
Many with the Pokéradar.

My main suggestion is to, after every fifty resets or so, walk around a few steps and re-save your game. This provides your game with a new set of random numbers so you don't keep seeing the exact same set of Pokémon over and over again.

And this probably should go in the sticky. :classic:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
...well, there's the Emerald trick, but I didn't want a shiny Regi, so...

On Emerald (which says yea for the trick), I successfully 'hunted' a Swablu. It took afternoon after afternoon, I ain't gonna lie. But I did, however, feel a great sense of accomplishment after succeeding...even though I could chain a better one in an hour ~_~...

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Hypothetical question: if a Pokémon is holding a Shell Bell and uses Explosion or SelfDestruct, will the Shell Bell restore HP to the Pokémon using the move and save them from fainting?

(I doubt it would, but since I'm going up against Tate and Liza, and my Wheezing is all but useless against Psychic-types, it'd be nice to know if I can at least have her go kamikaze a couple of times. She's holding the Focus Band right now, but I'd rather not rely on it.)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
...well, there's the Emerald trick, but I didn't want a shiny Regi, so...

On Emerald (which says yea for the trick), I successfully 'hunted' a Swablu. It took afternoon after afternoon, I ain't gonna lie. But I did, however, feel a great sense of accomplishment after succeeding...even though I could chain a better one in an hour ~_~...

How do you chain in Emerald? o_O

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Hey, can you soft reset for a Shiney verson of a pokemon that you have in a egg. Ex I have a eevee in a egg, and I really, really want a shiny Umbreon, can I save just before it hatches, then soft reset for it to be shiney (oh and how do you soft reset?)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
JollyRoger25

Put the parents in the daycare, yada yada, and wait until the old man stands outside the gate with the egg. Save. Take the egg from him and hatch it and see if it's shiny. If not, reset and repeat.

It will not work if you save right before it hatches, as the pokemon will be the same every time.

If you have D/P, you can either chain for a shiny Eevee or soft reset the gift in Hearthome. If you have FireRed/Leafgreen, you can soft reset the gift in Celedon.

~|symphony♪

He must of made a mistake, or believes that seeing a pokemon multiple times is chaining.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hey, can you soft reset for a Shiney verson of a pokemon that you have in a egg. Ex I have a eevee in a egg, and I really, really want a shiny Umbreon, can I save just before it hatches, then soft reset for it to be shiney (oh and how do you soft reset?)

Ya, it should work. You just have to be lucky and save at a good time.

EDIT: nevermind X33

And TwilightBlade, cool css in yor bost

xsh4d0wx

lul
Years
Happiness Evolution

Hey,
I want to know what is the lowest level you have got a Golbat, Igglypuff, Cleffa, Chansey, Eevee, Pichu, togepi, Azurill to evolve through the happiness evolution. In R,S,E,LG and FR of course.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
i got a blissey at lvl3 (diamond/pearl though, it raised 2 levels in one battle)
crobat at lvl23
espeon/umbreon lvl14 or so (didnt try as hard)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I gave my pokemon items and medicine a lot and those certain pokemon they gain like 5 levels and mine evolve real quick. ;]

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
Shoal Salt/Shell regeneration glitch?

I've recently been playing Pokemon Ruby, and I've gotten up to Shoal Cave. So far, I've gotten three Shell Bells, but since this morning, the Shoal Salt and Shoal Shells have stopped regenerating for whatever reason.

I know for sure that this isn't the Berry Glitch, because all other time-based events are still intact. I even hooked it up to my Pokemon Collesium Promotional Disk, and got a message saying that the berry program does not need to be updated.

I did save inside the cave last night before turning the game off. However, I tried going outside the cave, saving, and turning the game off and on again, but that didn't change things at all.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Has this happened to anyone before, and will it fix itself?

LightBender

Trainer of the PokerMans
Years
you probably have a fake game, what country did you get it in?

relicanth is really rare though, so it really is in routes 124+126

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
you probably have a fake game, what country did you get it in?

relicanth is really rare though, so it really is in routes 124+126

Actually, I have several ways to rule out the possibility of a fake game:

1) I've seen a YouTube video on how to tell the difference between a real game pak and a pirated one. The only thing it didn't mention was that a fake copy is slightly harder to fit into the cartridge slot. All my current Pokemon GBA games have the qualities of the real thing.

2) This turns out to be happening in my Sapphire copy as well. That's real too. I know, because when I sent my former Sapphire copy to get repaired, someone on the other line said that it's pirated, and replaced it with a real copy.

3) I got six Shell Bells when I was playing Sapphire, and I have three Shell Bells in Ruby thus far.

4) All other time-based events are still working in Ruby, and they had been in Sapphire when I finished getting six Shell Bells. Normally, the items in question would have already regenerated the day after I last collected them in Sapphire, even if the berry glitch kicked in.

The possibility that the items in question don't regenerate on Sundays is also ruled out, because the GBA games don't have a days-of-the-week feature. So, something probably has taken place that defies logic in all ways possible. Whatever it is, I'm sure it isn't the berry glitch, because I did try to fix it with the Pokemon Collesium Bonus Disk, and I got a message saying that the berry program doesn't need to be updated.

So, has anyone else reading this experienced this problem before?

Update:

Figured it out. All I had to do was talk to the man who makes Shell Bells, and that's it.

Last edited:

PokemonMasterRazir

Sucks@ trying to learn trumpet
Years
Firered starter

So I chose Bulbasaur at the start of my journey ( I wanted to be like Ash ) and I got it to Venusaur but I costantly haz epic-failz on Blaine;s gym. I am going to start a new game. Which starter should I choose? Or any tips on Blaine';s gym?

I will look at the votes in three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back