• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: TREATED UNFAILY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7769080#post7769080

my thread WAS REPORTED when it broke NO rules!!!!! and a Mod closes it like it broke a rule!!!!!!!!! IT DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he goes out AND TELLS THE ENTIRE WORLD that it was reported!!!!! like he was proud that it was reported!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!! my thread was treated UNFAIRLY by BOTH the reporter AND the mod!!!!!!! my Pokémon x Human thread DIDN'T EVEN GET REPORTED!!!! and THAT is ONLY HALF the problem!!!! the mod BOASTS about it being reported!!!!!

either I am being treated unfairly, or my thread is, or I am getting UNFAIR JUDGMENT!!!!

NO RULES WERE BROKEN AND THE MOD IS PROUD HE CLOSED A PERFECTLY FINE THREAD!!! WHY ELSE WOULD HE PUBLICLY TELL THE WORLD IT WAS REPORTED?????

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
He's not proud he closed the thread, Justin. In fact, they had to put in a lot of thought about closing that thread. But the topic itself just...was borderline inappropriate. There's nothing wrong with saving lives through mouth to mouth, but let's put it into a human perspective. If the thread was, "Which person would you save with mouth to mouth?" it'd be rather cruel to just pick and choose some people over others. All lives deserved to be saved, don't they?

I know the topic was about Pokemon, not human beings, but my example still stands. Also, please next time you have a problem with a single moderator's actions, you need to PM them, not publicly humiliate them and yourself by making a thread.

PS: You need to learn the definition of boasting. Boasting would be, "I'm so glad this member reported your thread, Justin! It's so gross and disturbing!" Boasting is gloating, talking it up, making it seem awesome. That's not what Brendino did. As I said before, he and Rika actually had a difficult time deciding on whether or not to leave that thread. But sometimes, threads don't break rules and get locked anyway.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
A moderator is well within their rights to close a thread whether a rule is broken or not. Albeit there could have been more reasoning given to the closure of the thread by the particular moderator, I can only assume that the nature and/or direction of the topic was not deemed to be one that would attract a lot of decent discussion. Once again, I'd like to reiterate as I have before in previous threads, nobody is targeting you. I understand and empathize that you may feel that way, but most people don't go out to do so, and I can assure you if a staff member were to do so, they would be spoken to by a higher staff member accordingly.

As I say, a moderator is permitted to close a thread without you having to break rules, based on the merit and direction of a topic. You should shoot Brendino a friendly private message and ask why your thread was locked, he's a lovely dude and won't bite. So just try to take a breather buddy, nobody is out to get you. If you need any further assistance feel free to contact a higher staff member, but I can assure you that the closure of your thread was not done in a moment of bias and/or targeting state of mind.

Years
Justin, I was just letting you know why the thread was closed, I wasn't boasting why it was reported, nor was I proud that it was closed. I also left you a comment just prior to closing it saying that if you had any issues with the thread, I was more than willing to speak with you through PM (and that offer still stands- I'm more than willing to sort things out with you).

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Justin, I understand you're upset about your thread being locked, but...

For one, you shouldn't be bringing this issue in public when you can PM Brendino and/or Rika about it. They had their reasoning to close the thread, and they told you said reasons when Brendino closed the thread, they weren't boasting, they told you why they closed it. Wouldn't it be worse if they just closed threads without explaining themselves?

Second, do not type with so many exclamation marks, that is considered rude when typing in the internet. And typing in caps is considered yelling. If you were a mod, and decided to close the thread for a perfectly valid reason, and someone decided to accuse you of boasting and closing their thread for no valid reason, showing nothing but anger in their post, would you not feel upset? They are doing their job, and they're persons like you and me. They have feelings, and instead of yelling and making them feel humiliated/upset/uncomfortable, wouldn't it be better to sort this out with a nice, friendly talk? Mods were chosen based on their reasoning of things and friendliness, otherwise they wouldn't be modding on the first place.

Lastly, they're not treating you unfairly. When closing threads a moderator must not show any sort of favoritism when closing or not a thread, it is their job to close threads they deem inappropriate, whether they break rules or not.

In the future, why not ask them if it would be okay to ask X or Y thing? This would pretty much avoid all the unnecessary trouble and drama you're putting everyone in by making this public instead of discussing with them about your thread being locked...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Annnnd I think it's clear that this can be taken to PM's between Brendino & JustinRPG. Let me just prevent any sort of witch hunt here and close the thread. If you need further assistance Justin, feel free to contact a higher staff member.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back