• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I addressed and fixed most of the issues posted before, and I did some more work on the after elite four quest.
Random screenies follow:
screenies.png

Two areas removed from Kanto in Gold/Silver will hopefully be returning.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Welcome back, old friend.

viridianforest.png

You would not BELIEVE how hard it was to get this tileset in game.
If I so much as edited one more pixel, it just corrupts the entire thing rendering it useless.

And now I figured out why, and had better success with importing tilesets.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2020
This hack looks awesome, the demo was awesome. I cant wait for the final version

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I played the beta and it was surprising short and easy, except that Politoed. Why was there? That was the hardest battle in the entire beta.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Anyway folks, I'm about to launch a website for Pokemon Bronze, where I'll have information, screenshots, a new video trailer and where the downloads will be hosted, so no waiting for timers or risk of the file going missing, so look forward to that.

Right now I'm just editing some graphics, making new sprites, and I need some names for new generic trainer classes. (generic meaning ones that aren't specific to any Pokemon type).
That'd help me out cause I can't think of anything right now, I'm burnt out from writing.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Oh I didn't know about the Horsea. If you think about it Horsea makes the game 10x easier. It wasn't hard beating Politoed I used my charmander's sand attack and then Butterfree confusion and finished off with Bellsprout's vine whip. Now with horsea I'll just use vine whip. Genrenic trainers... Do you need names like: Youngster Liam, Hiker anthony, Swimmer Zoey and Lass Erin

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm not trying to give people a punishing challenge, I'm going for a regular enjoyable game.

And no I mean the trailer classes. like "Youngster" and "Lass" and junk. Not their birth names.

Anyway, www.pokemonbronze.net has launched and so has a new video trailer!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Some new/edited trainer classes.

coolkid.png
cutie.png
skater.png

Not much progress has been made since the last post, but soon I hope I will be meeting up with Bianca and we will be finishing off all the NPC text together. That will bring us to pretty much complete, before final testing and tweaking.
I may select some people for closed beta testing too.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
sweet. we're finally close to another complete hack and on here, they're real rare. good luck, your on the final stretch!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
New trees/fences to better differentiate it from Johto.
trefen.png

And I think we're looking at around a November/December release.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
AAAH!!!
aaah.png

How could someone miraculously come up with the region name I've had since I was 12, and decided on using for my latest hack? THE LUCK!

Kohto was a misconception of Tohjo Falls when I was reminiscing on a lost copy of Gold version, and now someone's using it :/.

What can I do for you to get it back, O black-haired Philip-Fry-person? There's a web server with your name on it >:D

Back