• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PlumpyFoof's [On-going] Comprehensive Breeding Guide

Years
Introduction
Spoiler:

Okay so..

The Basics
Contents:
How to Breed
Egg groups
Why egg groups?
What is a baby Pokemon
Spoiler:

Intermediate breeding
Contents:
Baby Pokemon In-depth
Egg Moves
Breeding for Natures
Introduction to IVs
Abilities
Spoiler:

Advanced Breeding
Contents:
Chaining for Egg moves (Still to come Breeding With Smeargle)
Chaining for IVs
IVs or Nature

Spoiler:

I soon hope to add more information on each section as well as my experience trying to breed an almost perfect IV spread from a Scyther with IVs (16, 4, 1, 8, 15, 8) without catching another.
Which I have started on my quest you can see my progress in this spoiler where I'll explain everything I have done.

Darwin's Theory within Pokemon Experiment:
Spoiler:

No one hesitate to add information or ask questions, like it says in the title this is on-going I'll be adding whenever I find new info.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Not trying to look like a total retard (which I know I will), but I'm new to 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon, especially in breeding, but I totally lost it in the advanced breeding section. Does the level of the parent matter, and will the baby has the parent's IV transmitted, no matter what? For example you have a level 70 beldum with a sp attack of 170, will the baby have the same special attack? That would be tremendously strong and wierd... Sprry if I'm understanding this wrong :(...

Years
Not trying to look like a total retard (which I know I will), but I'm new to 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon, especially in breeding, but I totally lost it in the advanced breeding section. Does the level of the parent matter, and will the baby has the parent's IV transmitted, no matter what? For example you have a level 70 beldum with a sp attack of 170, will the baby have the same special attack? That would be tremendously strong and wierd... Sprry if I'm understanding this wrong :(...

The levels have nothing to do with it, and it's not guaranteed to get the IVs there is just an elevated chance that you will inherited.
And the baby will not have 170 Special Attack at level 1 that would be ridiculous haha but if the IV's AND Evs are the same then it will have the same at the same level. I think that's what you meant.

Sorry for the late reply , I've been in hospital and such.

Back