• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Rocket vs Team Galactic

Which villainous team do you like better?

• Team Rocket

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Why would I like any of them?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Spr_DP_Cyrus.png

So in Generation IV, we saw two evil teams arise. One had already had the experience of being villains while the others were brand new to a brand new region. We have Team Rocket and Team Galactic, both who have endless dreams of domination and abducting Pokemon. Team Rocket has stuck around longer, since the very beginning and their plot is to steal Pokemon off the innocent.

Team Galactic's plot however is far deeper. They wanted more than power, they wanted much more. Cyrus wanted the unthinkable. He wanted to destroy the Pokemon universe, by using the help of Giratina. He wanted to erase the universe, not dominate it but erase it from existence completely.

Battle-wise, they both had a fair appearance of the same Pokemon. Team Rocket used Pokemon such as Rattatas and Zubats along with Koffings while Galactic had common appearances of Glameows, Puruglys and Stunkys. Who did you think was a harder challenge to face, whether it be the grunts or the big cheeses? (the commanders.)

Lastly my question to you is which evil team of the Fourth Generation did you like better? Design wise? Try and explain your post rather than just give a short answer, reasons are always good! So yeah discuss away and also vote while you're at it. :3

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'm going to have to go with Galactic. Now I could say that Rocket was in the good old days or something, but their ambitions are just sad in comparison to that of Galactic. Design wise, I like Galactic again, mainly due to the spacey feel they give. They all look like astronauts without the helmets.

One last thing though, Galactic had better reasons for their ambitions. Cyrus wanted to have a perfect world, team Rocket just wanted more Pokemon to themselves. At least from what I remember in Diamond, anyway. They did a better job at it too...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I like both teams! While I think Team Galactic's goal was way larger and more destructive, I actually think Team Rocket's intentions were much more sinister. So based on that fact alone (shallow I know), I'm going to go with Team Rocket.

Years
I loved Team Galactic's design and scheme much better, probably due to my bias towards Sinnoh. I loved the whole time/space theme of D/P/Pt and Team Galactic showed it off even further.

So yeah, I'm siding with Team Galactic!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Since Galactic did more that just stealing pokemon for themselves.
I am going to go for Galatic for this one. I still like Rocket though

GalacticGlameow

Galactic Grunt!
Years
Well, I voted Team Galactic because they are funnier and look cooler for some reason. XD
You can already tell I like Team Galactic by my username!

Sirfetch’d

Even though I like HG/SS better I am gonna go with team Galactic as the better evil organization.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Galactic. The story line alone wins it.

I think Galactic are the more difficult team to face. Skunkys are a tough Pokémon with a difficult typing in Poison/Dark. Not easily taken down and always seem to Poison too. They get my vote.

Rocket seems sad in comparison.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i'd say galactic. i didn't even understand what team rocket was up to i just fought them just because of their sinister clothes and mainly out of self-defense :P however team galactic actually did something significant by summoning legendary pokemon and their plot was much deeper. galactic was also harder to face due to stronger pokemons in general. design-wise i'd say team rocket since they seemed more... normal whereas team galactic had some kind of bizarre robotic clothes. in the end i'd choose team galactic

Years
Team Rocket are my favourite. I prefer their outfits. They really suit an evil organisation tbh. Some of their members are classic clowns as well, which makes them even more likable for me. Top marks.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm going to go with Team Galactic. Their spacey design made me like them and also the fact that their objective was deeper than Team Rocket's. I also think that Team Rocket had done their time. Introducing a new team was good.

Melody

Banned
Years
Personally I prefer Team Rocket. They were just so bent on world domination for the hell of it, not for the sake of some misguided good intention or another. Team Rocket was really the only One True Evil that ever existed in Pokemon.

The rest of the Teams were simply just Good Intentions Gone Wrong, which I believe weakens the threat that they stood for massively. It also makes the members of other teams just appear downright unintelligent and mindless, as if they never thought to question the intentions and reasons why their leaders were calling for such action.

Although I did find the new teams refreshing, as Team Rocket had served their time, I still enjoyed Team Rocket. They had no other reason to do and act the way they did other than the fact that they were just all greedy. That's something I can find believable.

Unfortunately I must say to you: DIE JNathan!

Lugia's Shadow

Guardian of the Sea
Years
In my opinion, probably Team Galactic.
Their plot is far more elaborate compared to TR's (destroying the entire universe over stealing a new trainer's Bulbasaur). Cyrus is quite the villain, and is my 2nd favourite team leader (Ghetsis gets #1 for trying to kill you).

The Commanders of Galactic are tough too, remember your first battle against Mars and her Purugly at the Valley Windworks? Hell for me, my Prinplup and my Staravia :/

...and Cyrus? Don't get me started on him. I hate his team, from his Houndoom, to his Gyarados, they wrecked my team in Platinum.
While I do like Team Rocket, it's like comparing North Korea to Brazil, with Galactic being NK. They have the upper hand.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Whoops voted wrong ;;

Anyways, going with Galactic because I think their work were way more serious than Team Rockets.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
Hmmm...

Team Galactic. Cyrus was a OK character. I'm not really sure otherwise.

Back