• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
We would really need tilers and music inserters....

@No_obslayer
Well there are other cool LEGENDARIES claimable without catching them...
And we will make changes through every beta so expect some legendaries added from time to time... :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2014
wow! I will support this hack! but can I request something? can the sprites be animated?? :D I am very attractive to animated sprites, it makes me feel more excited while playing the game.. Thank you DarkRisingGirl!! :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
BIG UPDATE:

Sorry Everyone, I've been out with my hack for a very long time. I had to focus alot on college studies and passing my exams. But, finally, the semister's over & I can get back into this. Another reason why there hasen't been Any updates or posts from me is because the rom I've been working on was too corrupted. There were errors from all the previous inserting and the tiles didn't look good to me. So, along with my partner, Tajaros, we started the hack over on a completely new fire red rom. We're still working on it, and a beta will possibly be out by this month, (No later then next month) but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much because all the pokemon/tiles/scripts/etc has to be inserted All Over Again.

So far, we've maped & scripted up til the 2nd gym. Here's some screenshots and information on everything so far:

The Main Characters: (These will be the images for the beta. They are not perfect as of right now, but will be once the final version is released.)
et7dq8.jpg
Oren. The Hero of the Game.
nl3mhj.jpg
Orena. The Heroine of the Game.
1zx7hn8.png
Kaz. Your best friend and main rival of the Game.
2mme2is.png
Pete. Another friend of the Hero/Heroine.
24wt74n.jpg
Sydney. The mysterious trainer who has a past with Kayo & a connection to the legendary dragon, KYUREM. Her dragon, AXEW, is only seen in the 2nd region of the Game.
4f3hs.jpg
Kayo. A mysterious trainer who has a past with Sydney & the leader of the Grunts/Goons/Goonetes. His dragon, DEINO, is only seen in the 2nd region of the Game.
ht8dja.jpg
Dray. He proclaims himself as the "Number 1 Trainer in the World". To prove this, he's gone on a search to battle the pokemon champion, Ash Ketchum. He is also the winner of the Sinnoh League and the boyfriend of Florina.
x2nl7t.jpg
Florina. She's an expert at computers and the girlfriend of Dray. She's the winner of the Unova League, defeating Dray in the final battle of the competition.

Gameplay Screenshots: (No, there's not a wild Blaziken in the game. This is just to show off DW Abilities.)

300qkci.png
2hf7wpy.png

2mzyyz4.png
o9fo9j.png

wtxdl3.png
2ynoy8i.png

nvsip.png
2hoxliq.png

ei9zlw.png
21bom7d.png

(The pictures are side by side, not together.)

Battle Screenshots: (The battle backgrounds have not been inserted yet.)

2zxq9nt.png

2jfaulu.png

2mhx9c0.png

mbpkya.png

All Legendary Pokemon in the hack Will be obtainable & there will be more pokemon to catch now with 16 badges across 2 regions(CORE & OMNI). I understand this will be alot of work. However, I won't give up on the hack.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
this hack seems good, looking forward to it's release, but i have a question, there will be 4th and 5th gen pokemon with their original cries or just random cries (ex: when luxio enters in battle and makes beedrill's cry, or it will have it's ds original cry?)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
To all people, not to brag or anything but the boss of this game will use Darugis, a fusion of three Pokemon & that fusion was created by yours truly, me.

Sneak-peek:
DRGDarugis96x96.png

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ Gold011

The 4th & 5th generation pokemon Will have their actual cries, although I am having trouble inserting them at the moment. The final version will have the exact cries, but the beta probably won't have them.

@ MidnightShine

Yes, Darugis will be the final boss battle at the end of the game. It's your 6 pokemon(or however much you want to use) against it. It has no trainer, it's too powerful. I advise the players who'll play this hack to gather up the legendary pokemon near the end of the game, you'll need it against Darugis. It's stats are all Very High.

@ Pilyongprinxipe

I apprciate the support. I don't know how to insert any animated sprites though, sorry. All of the pokemon will have updated sprites(as seen in the recent pictures I've uploaded) with better graphics as well as their own personal icon sprite in the menu.

Also, if anyone's intrested, please have a look at my Team Thread & join in to contribute to the hack and getting it out to the public faster. I recently posted the few things that are needed.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279212

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Wow, this hack has done a 360 lol it looks really good, im guessing you decided to use a rombase? The screens are nice, maybe abit bare, but nice :) and the new move animations all i can say is, Awesome!!! It must of been time comsuming. Good work darkrising girl, this hack is turning out to be great.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hey DRG, do you want me to do a redo for Darugis using Shadow Lugia's wings? I can do a recolor if you want but I already have a decent Shadow Lugia sprite so do you want a redo? Just for the wings.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@Midnightshine

I like the Darugis that you gave me with the white wings, but you can recolor the wings and insert the shadow Luigia wings. I'll see which one I like best.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Great job on the sprites & tiles guys *& gals*. They look great. Don't worry Dark I was also busy with college as well. The characters are great. Can't wait to see more & what else the team did on the hack. Keep up the great work.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Oh yeh and your overwords are all different style which looks weird and the sprites palettes need some work. Maybe ask bensgraphic design for some help, he made my hero sprite, he is really good. Good luck.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ Kebbles

Thanks, yeah it's a complete overhaul. I had too, we're using a new rom. The last one was too messy during gameplay. This one feels better and looks better. But I know the OWs are different styles. The unimportant ppl like basic trainers and ppl around cities are in Wesley FG style. And the important characters are fire red/emerald/etc OW style. I would've made everyone in wesley FG style, but there wasn't enough OWs in wesley's patch for me and I certainly can't make an OW from stratch. But I will ask this Bensgraphic design person if you suggest him. Mind linking me to his profile? I've never searched for anyone specific on the website before.

Thanks everyone for the support btw.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
This hack seems amazing, can't wait to play it. If all Pokemon are going to be catch-able does that mean the leaders aren't going to have a special Pokemon that only they can have or something like that? I hope you finish this hack and that the beta comes out soon

Back