• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ glaceon12

All the pokemon EXCEPT the gym leaders, the 2 evil fakemon, & Darugis of course, are catchable. That still gives you 386 pokemon to catch across 2 regions. I'm still inserting the pokemon over again & adding more everyday. I'm pretty sure I've got most of the favorites in there.

I have a question for anime fans, however. Now that Ash is the pokemon league champion in this hack, SHOULD he have Ho-Oh? Personally, since it on occasions appears before Ash starts a new journey, I feel he's going to either befriend it or catch it in the last episode of the anime or something. Which'll also probably be him becoming the champion in that episode as well. So the Q is, would you enjoy battling Ash with a Ho-Oh in his party or No because you don't think he'll ever have it?

Last edited:

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
@ glaceon12

All the pokemon EXCEPT the gym leaders, the 2 evil fakemon, & Darugis of course, are catchable. That still gives you 386 pokemon to catch across 2 regions. I'm still inserting the pokemon over again & adding more everyday. I'm pretty sure I've got most of the favorites in there.

I have a question for anime fans, however. Now that Ash is the pokemon league champion in this hack, SHOULD he have Ho-Oh? Personally, since it on occasions appears before Ash starts a new journey, I feel he's going to either befriend it or catch it in the last episode of the anime or something. Which'll also probably be him becoming the champion in that episode as well. So the Q is, would you enjoy battling Ash with a Ho-Oh in his party or No because you don't think he'll ever have it?

I don't mind him having it or not having it, looks good to me anyway :)

I highly doubt he'll ever have ho-oh since he's a legendary, but befriending seems likely

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
if I re call in the movies he does battle with them *if they let him lol*. Why not it'll be good to see a legend with him.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
well, if he's going to have a ho-oh, then it's fine for me if it makes it challenging along with his other 5 pokemon, oh, and i don't like playing betas that aren't that much playable, but your hack seems promising, i think i'll give it a shot when the first beta is released, i'm going to support this hack

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Alright. So Pikachu-Snorlax-Infernape-Charizard-Heracross-Ho-Oh sound good? (Stealth Rock that whole team! lol) But that battle won't happen til very late. 1 last question because I'm ready to insert it now.
I mentioned before about putting a box instead of pokeballs around the game to hold items in. These are a few I colored myself. 1 of them is the exact gift box from Black & White.

o5os3d.png

Which one do you feel would be most appealing? I'm ready to insert it now.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
ok, if your gonna have a fakemon,cou should at least make it catchable. at least through a side quest or at some point in the game you could have a branching point where you choose good or evil. also, maybe add in shadow lugia as a boss or a side quest? everyone loves shadow lugia.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ blazerj13

Shadow Lugia? Yes.
Catching the fakemon? No.
The fakemon are creations from negative energy, they're not even claimed to be pokemon in the hack, therefore they shouldn't be caught. They're just evil entities that formed from all the evil energy in the world. I don't want to spoil the story TOO much as I feel it's the hack's main strongpoint. But it's the player's job to find the god of all pokemon, Arceus, and defeat Darugis before it destroys everything. Challenging gyms and doing plenty of sidequests along the way. Such as helping Sydney with her connection to KYUREM, and finding a relative of yours who's gone missing since the disasters started. Also to get a rematch with Tornadus...

I've decided I'm going to release the beta once I add the scripts/maps up til the 4th gym leader Regardless if the battle backgrounds, titlescreen, and world map isn't inserted. Some of you really want to play this hack & I shouldn't deprive anyone's excitement/enjoyment over those 3 things. So as soon as I insert all the pokemon in the game (Or at least 90% of em.), insert the scripts, and re-map, I'll release it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I think the box with the red ribbon looks the best. Ash's team is very... Firey. He should have a grass and water type pokemon, just to make it seem normal

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Alright. So Pikachu-Snorlax-Infernape-Charizard-Heracross-Ho-Oh sound good? (Stealth Rock that whole team! lol)
Stone Edge anyone?
Anyways this is really bad team for champion...
He should have this team: Pikachu, Lucario (since you agreed on having him Pokémon he befriended and if you add him), Ho-Oh, Flygon (from the 6th movie), Snorlax and Charizard.
As a league champion he needs balanced team... (I wouldn't give him Pikachu but whatever...)

o5os3d.png

Which one do you feel would be most appealing? I'm ready to insert it now.
I like the red one ;)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My vote goes to the red giftbox.
It looks the greatest out of them all.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
A few new screenshots:

e637l4.png

25q4oxi.png

29wrbn.png

2n8d65c.png

309mvlu.png

2vbvj35.png

I'll update more after the weeknd. I'm almost done with the pokemon/mapping. Afterwards, I'll move on to getting the rest of the scripts after the 2nd gym inserted.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
This looks nuts!
How many dragons are obtainable? Because I'd do a solo run on this with them

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ PokeLordAndrew

All of'em I believe. From the top of my head:
Dragonite Family, Garchomp Family, Salamence Family, Druddigon(Late game from Dray.), Swablu & Altaria, Flygon family(Trapinch in the dessert after the 4th city.), Rayquasa(from the missing relative), Dialga & Palkia(Late game), Haxorus family(Axew in 2nd region.), Hydregion(Deino in 2nd region.) And I'm sure there's others I'm just not remembering.

I already have the story all formatted from the original version of the hack I did last yr that was completed, but it's way too glitchy to play. So I'm transfering information from that rom over to this updated one.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I was wondering, do you plan on putting in battle background into the battles themselves? Just a random question.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@Dylanrockin

Yes, however everytime I try to do it myself, it never comes out right, even following tutorials. So I'm still wishing someone who knows how would come along and add them to the rom for me. But I'll still release the beta, even if the backgrounds aren't inserted.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
@Dylanrockin

Yes, however everytime I try to do it myself, it never comes out right, even following tutorials. So I'm still wishing someone who knows how would come along and add them to the rom for me. But I'll still release the beta, even if the backgrounds aren't inserted.

When do you think the Beta will be released, because I am so looking forward to this and testing it. As well as recording, and promoting it.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@blazerj13

Yeah, forgot those 3. Them too...

@dylanrockin

Not 100% sure on Exactly when. But I'd say by the end of the month or beginning of next month. Not making any promises for this month, but very likely Early next month.

Back