• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
Hi, I really need to know the following:

I've seen people using a 3th generation Pokémon in B/W before they even finished it!

Is it possible to:

Import a Pokémon from my finished HG/Platinum game to B/W? If no, is it possible to import a Pokémon from someones finished B/W game to my B/W game via Wifi and friendcodes?

Thank you! :D

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Hi, I really need to know the following:

I've seen people using a 3th generation Pokémon in B/W before they even finished it!

Is it possible to:

Import a Pokémon from my finished HG/Platinum game to B/W? If no, is it possible to import a Pokémon from someones finished B/W game to my B/W game via Wifi and friendcodes?

Thank you! :D

There's no limitation among trading National Dex Pokémon over to your B/W, even if you didn't beat the main story. You can't do anything like transfer your own Pokémon over until you did defeat the Elite Four, but at least you can trade with a friend that already did defeat the Elite Four and have access to 3rd Generation Pokémon.

However, you can transfer the Event Legendary Dogs and Celebii over using the Relocator. There's a clown in Castelia City inside an office where you'll be asked for a password. The two phrases are "EVERYBODY HAPPY" and "SIMPLE CONNECTION". You'll then be able to send over the Event Legendary Dogs and Celebii for the Zoroark/Zorua event.

Also, the Dream World is a perfect place to get National Dex Pokémon without needing to beat the main story.

EDIT: Hurrah! We broke 2000 posts in here. :)

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Two questions:

1) If I wanted a Seismitoad with the Poison Touch ability, does he need to know Hydration as a Tympole?

2) Is EV training for a level 100 only possible for one that hasn't had their EVs maxed? I don't want to EV train to worry about having its EVs changed later on.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Two questions:

1) If I wanted a Seismitoad with the Poison Touch ability, does he need to know Hydration as a Tympole?

2) Is EV training for a level 100 only possible for one that hasn't had their EVs maxed? I don't want to EV train to worry about having its EVs changed later on.

1. That's correct. If it know Swift Swim, it will keep it all the way through.

2. Right, EVs don't change once they're maxed.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
How do you obtain a Light Orb in B/W? I think you can in the dream world, but how/where? :(

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
doh! forgot about that, either the dream world or someone with a cheating device would probably be your only chance :(

Indeed... Though it doesn't seem like you can get the Light Ball in the Dream World yet, since there's no Pikachu nor Light Ball released at this time. :/

Unfortunate. I would have really thought that the Treasure Hunter in Route 13 would be able to give you a Light Ball, but sadly, he doesn't.

If you're using the Light Ball to get a Pichu with Volt Tackle, you might as well do all the stuff in a Gen IV game and then transfer the baby over. Otherwise, if it's for making a pumped up Pikachu, then I guess you're out of luck legitimately for the moment. :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
You can't do anything like transfer your own Pokémon over until you did defeat the Elite Four, but at least you can trade with a friend that already did defeat the Elite Four and have access to 3rd Generation Pokémon.

Thanks!, But I don't understand this part. What's the difference between transferring your own Pokémon (not possible) and trading with a friend (possible)? Is it some new feature in gen 5 or something?

Sorry about the spam message above here. It was a test message and I thought it didn't post because the site server was slow, else I would've edited it with the message I posted just now.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Thanks!, But I don't understand this part. What's the difference between transferring your own Pokémon (not possible) and trading with a friend (possible)? Is it some new feature in gen 5 or something?

Sorry about the spam message above here. It was a test message and I thought it didn't post because the site server was slow, else I would've edited it with the message I posted just now.
When I say transferring your own Pokémon, I mean the whole migration/import-your-past-gen-Pokémon thing. xD The only reason why you're unable to do it right now is because, well, you haven't completed the main story yet, so you're unable to get to the PokéTransfer Lab since the route it's on is right now inaccessible to you.

You can simply get around this if you have a friend that did go through the main story, since that friend will be able to access the PokéTransfer Lab, migrate your Pokémon for you, and then trade it over to your game without any limitations.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Do the EV stats actually show up at any point, or do they remain hidden?
EV stats are never visible in-game. I believe using a cheat device a la Action Replay you're actually able to see these values, but I've only read such a thing and have not seen visual evidence.

You can still find out if your EV stats are maxed out though by talking to a woman in Opelucid City.

Hopefully you have kept tally of all the Pokémon you battled with that fellow.

adadrian

old pokemon trainer
Years
when should i use my masterball?

which pokemon should i use it on? or just keep it?i've used masterballs for all my elite pokemon zekrom,thunderos etc etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
which pokemon should i use it on? or just keep it?i've used masterballs for all my elite pokemon zekrom,thunderos etc etc.

Questions like these belong in Quick Questions, which is what this has been merged to, incase anyone has further input.

Not really sure how many masterballs you have, since it sounds like you've got many, but my best suggestion is to use masterballs on roamers like Thundurus, cause they're time consuming and annoying. :(

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
Years
EV stats are never visible in-game. I believe using a cheat device a la Action Replay you're actually able to see these values, but I've only read such a thing and have not seen visual evidence.

You can still find out if your EV stats are maxed out though by talking to a woman in Opelucid City.

Hopefully you have kept tally of all the Pokémon you battled with that fellow.

I haven't started EV training yet, need to make sure I don't make any mistakes :P

Does the lady tell me in which stat it's maxed or just if I've reached the total max?

I'll probably count the EV's in the process though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back