• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Hey guys, haven't been ere in a while or hunted. Just wanted to say congrats to everyone and their shinies and that now that i've finished my assignments and I can ACTUALLY HUNT. I've Also got a brand new Shiny hunting youtube account, right here

EDIT:

My Current Hunts

- After deciding to not get a Shiny Blitzle, I changed to Village Bridge where I am hunting Braviary (Epic Blue Shiny) @ 2, 212 RE's.
- Thinking about restarting SS so I can SR a starter.

Still no luck. I'm trying to make the Braviary be a Live shiny so i've been going hardcore and I had 205 RE's on camera. That adds up to about 1 hour and 20 mins total recording. Am I sort of slow at RE's on camera? I can get about 920 SR's in an hour, but in my last video I recorded, in half an hour I got 91 RE's. Is that slow? I also intend to hatch all my random egg's and hope one of em's shiny xD. My goal for today is to get to 3, 007 RE's, meaning I'd have done about a weeks work in one day. It also means that I would of done 1, 000 RE's. It's all going to be on camera as well, just in case. I know this is a big edit, but I've been really inactive. Well anyway I intend to do a lot more hunting even if it IS boring. Seeya guy's, i'll post an update tomorrow :).

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Meowth and Marill, Keruso!

Welcome to the club, Ipodcheese.SH!

Welcome back, Epic-Latios-Fan! Congrats on the shinies!

Welcome back, Ninjagon!

This week's random hunt is... Doduo!

Years
Hey there! I'd like to join! The shinies i've caught myself are:
Ralts
Phanpy
Zigazagoon
Sentret
Shinx
Starly
Machop
Absol
Mareep

I can also RNG (barely), but I won't state those as the ones ive chained (the ones ^) took a lot more effort.

I'm not really hunting for anything at the moment, but I have been going on an ongoing MMethod Piplup. I'm about 648 eggs. No shiny yet. :/

Years
So while training my dustox in the petalburg forest for my poison monotype challenge...

Spr_3r_265_s.png
A shiny male wurmple, level 3, naughty nature. I was hoping it would evolve into cascoon so I could continue my challenge and...

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Aah. You are so lucky. All the years I've played Pokemon games, I had to actively hatch eggs forever to get a shiny, and you found one while playing a challenge? I am very jealous...

SR on Black Version right now. Going for Tepig. I decided Emboar has a cool shiny sprite. Just out of curiosity, how do you guys keep track of SRs and Eggs count?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys keep track of SRs and Eggs count?

When I fill a box with hatched eggs I count how many it is and write it down on a piece of paper and then later on add it to a list I have on my computer. I don't bother counting SRs.

Welcome to the club, flyer1228!

Congrats on the shiny Wurmple, GolurkIsDaBomb! I had the opposite encounter, a female Silcoon. The only difference is that it was never a Wurmple.

EDIT: This week's random hunt is... Bonsly/Sudowoodo!

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Welcome new members!

Congratulation on all new shiny catches!

I feel bad I haven't posted more. But I just haven't had any new catches, and have spent little time actually hunting after failing the Nidoran hunts. Been distracted by Kingdom Hearts 3D, and went on Vacation all last week.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
It sure has been quiet here. Only one post in over a week.

I got Dead or Alive 5 recently, so I'll be busy playing that. I haven't hunted for a few weeks.

This week's random hunt is... Mr. Mime!

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The October Monthly Quest!!

Happy October! In honor of Halloween, this month's quest will require you to:

A) Obtain a black or orange shiny, and
B) Obtain a Dark- or Ghost- type shiny.

These may be done in any order. Don't get too scared hunting! :D

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. The contest lasts until midnight EDT on October 31, 2012.

Good luck and have fun!

It looks like the September Quest is going to allow Sapphire-exclusives! Thanks for participating in the poll!

Spoiler:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i recently started looking for shinys so i'll sign up
shiny pokemon: watchog, gyrados, mienshao, piplup, spiritomb, monferno, sandslash.

Years
Been inactive for quite a while, but I'm back... Due to school, I wasn't able to get some shinies hunted... Oh who am I kidding, I managed to get some via chaining but it's insignificant... I've decided to get back to Masuda Method even during school season as chaining seems less of a challenge... Anyway, I've been hearing a lot about the shining charm? I wonder how would this affect our hunts. Good luck to everyone who's been hunting then!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-09-27233553.jpg

EUREKA!!

got this guy a few days back, but i've been having internet issues, so i couldnt get back on til today. i started the game the day i bought it (the 17th, i believe) and got this gut not to soon after (you'll see the actual date in the spoiler below). I was hoping to get it to shine before the new games come out. After getting the first badge and being able to trade, im using shiny Magnemite, Nidoran Male, Makuhita, Spearow, Buizel and Slugma. This also helps me with September's Monthly hunt and the Yearly Quest!!

My phone finally decided to work with me, so i will also include some older pics, like the Marill encounter and the Staravia
Spoiler:

now if only freaking Charmander will shine...... Im getting tired of that hunt

Years
ey, i would like to join. here is the list of my shinies:
Soulsilver:
Raichu (migrated from leafgreen as a pikachu)
Venemoth( migrated from leafgreen)
Charizard (via trade)
typhlosian (352 restarts at the beginning)
Zubat
Diamond:
shinx
Gold:
Ho-oh (first ever shiny, thought i broke my game, since i dropped my gameboy right as i fought ho-oh!)
White:
venipede

Currently hunting for shiny ralts in ruby (so hard!!!!)

Years
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!! Got it done before B2W2 released! My first serious hunt during school ended in a success! Just this afternoon, I spent the entire time in the class bus hatching eggs... When I came home, it exactly hatched this beauty out!
Spoiler:

Everstone worked, meaning it has Relaxed nature as I had wished so! I'm currently training it as a Ferrothorn now... (On a side-related note, I managed to obtain a shiny in a different sense... In the past day, managed to pull a shiny out in a Pkmn TCG booster, Krookodile... Though I'll bet that's unrelated...) Anyway, congrats on Keruso for all the shiny catches!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
hmm......not a lot of activity here. B/W2 have come out today (i thought it was later) so i went ahead and bought White2. So, as soon as i start the game up and get to where i pick my starter, Oshawott, i'll start resetting for it.

oh, and thanks to those who have congratulated me

Edit:

2012-10-07131513.jpg

Im in complete and utter shock right now. I start up my White2 and save where you get your starter, shut it off and put White into my DS. within 2, YES 2, encounters, i find this little lady!!!! im at a lose for words here!!

2012-10-07131724.jpg

2012-10-07131744.jpg

whelp, there's my ghost-type shiny, let's try going into Emerald for my black/orange type (Cacnea please!)

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
So Black and White 2 will be out on friday for me in UK which means I will be completing the game asap and trying to get that shiny charm as we can use it. Been busy with rl stuff, promotion at work and my birthday today. Will be back on the hunt in B/W2 and I will pick up a 3DS just for it aswell.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, roosterman and Hovde!

Congrats on the shiny Snivy and Yamask, Keruso!

Congrats on the shiny Ferroseed(?), miloticfan54! Your picture isn't working.

This week's random hunt is... Hoppip! Sorry for being a day late.

I woke up yesterday morning and decided to buy Black 2 after church. The Vikings game was moved from noon to 3:20, which gave me enough time to buy it and play it for awhile. On Saturday I was still planning on skipping it. A big reason I decided to get it in the end is because it gives me another option for hunting for this club. I also wanted to get Genesect. I won't be MMing much if at all while I go through the story on Black 2. I'm moving very slowly through the story. I don't have my first badge yet. My starter is Snivy again. The story is very different compared to B/W. I also bought the Dream Radar and caught a couple of Pokémon on it, Munna and Drifloon. After I finish the story I will probably trade my Japanese Ditto and Litwick to it to continue MMing there with plenty of box room to work with.

Years
Sorry I've (yet again) neglected to post hugely. I started rewatching all the almost-100 episodes of my favourite tv series while tackling school at the same time so, no I haven't really hunted much. Treecko's at 12,000 some... ^^"
But hey, same with Razer, BW2 come out this Friday, though I'll be getting my copy for my birthday next Tuesday. Perhaps that will inspire me to hunt some.

Anywho, congratulations on all of those awesome shinies, welcome to any new members, and good luck with all your hunts! :D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So I just beat the first gym in White 2, and I started grinding since it was a pretty close match and wanted to be ready for the next one when I stumbled across this:
550396_186729234785646_2057031721_n.jpg

SHINY SEWADDLE!!!
All these years of never seeing a shiny in the wild, and I get lucky enough for it NOT to be a Patrat. I would have hated getting a Patrat. Anyway, The Shiny Hunter completed! Here's a Pokecheck link:

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Sewaddle, NecrumWarrior! I think you are the first club member to get a shiny in B/W2.

I recently made it to Castelia City, but haven't explored it much.

I read that if you have Black or White you can use Memory Link to catch N's Pokémon in B/W2 which have the sparkle entrance that shinies have, but aren't shinies themselves. All of their IVs are at 30.

Back