• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon ObsidianBlack Version & Pokémon PewterWhite Version

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
This hack looks promising! I do have a question, though. Are Gliscor and Weavile in this hack?
No, they aren't in, but if the players (you included!) want, I could find two more useless Johto Pokémon. And yes, the Generation IV/V Pokémon replace Johto Pokémon that are useless, like the starters, Sentret, Furret, etc. Don't worry, good Johto Pokémon like Lanturn are not replaced.

Also, just a joke for everybody to laugh at, I wanted to see what move index FFFF is (yay cheat codes) and here's what happened.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
No, they aren't in, but if the players (you included!) want, I could find two more useless Johto Pokémon. And yes, the Generation IV/V Pokémon replace Johto Pokémon that are useless, like the starters, Sentret, Furret, etc. Don't worry, good Johto Pokémon like Lanturn are not replaced.[/URL].
Does that mean Feraligatr isn't in? That's kinda disappointing to me, since he's one of my favourites. I won't really miss Typhlosion and Meganium, though.

On a side note, what about replacing useless Hoenn Pokemon, like Spinda, Chimecho, Kecleon, and Wynaut?

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Does that mean Feraligatr isn't in? That's kinda disappointing to me, since he's one of my favourites. I won't really miss Typhlosion and Meganium, though.

On a side note, what about replacing useless Hoenn Pokemon, like Spinda, Chimecho, Kecleon, and Wynaut?
Sorry for disappointing you.

As for Hoenn Pokémon, they can be replaced but the problem is their cries - the pointers are totally messed up and last time I tried to replace a Hoenn Pokémon's cry I ended up distorting Squirtle's cry and making Bulbasaur sound like Tropius. A behind the scenes fun fact, Zekrom and Reshiram were originally supposed to replace Latias and Latios, but after a month or so, I decided to insert their real cries and I found out the hard way it messes up everything. So, in order to free up Pokédex text and moves, that's why they (Latias and Latios) are actually called "DummyZkrom" and "DummyRshm". That can be seen if one uses a complete Pokédex code.

So, long story short, I could replace useless Hoenn Pokémon, but it would be unprofessional to have their default cries so I can't do it.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
I like the maps, and the story seems pretty sweet(Havent played the alpha yet but will) keep up the good work :D

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
I like the maps, and the story seems pretty sweet(Havent played the alpha yet but will) keep up the good work :D
Hey thank you! The story might not be as sweet at the moment, but trust me, the current "sweetness" is just the beginning. Stuff will get much more exciting in the near future. In the spoiler below are hints at some of my plans, so if you want to keep everything a secret, don't read it.

Spoiler:

P.S.: I know I've mentioned this briefly in the last post, but the Ancient Waterway is done and Canle Town is in progress, so Alpha 2.0 should be coming out later today or tomorrow.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Hmm this seems quite interesting and I like the graphics of the game so I think I'm going to play Alpha 2 but before I do so how far does it go up to? So I know what to expect in terms of gameplay length.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Hmm this seems quite interesting and I like the graphics of the game so I think I'm going to play Alpha 2 but before I do so how far does it go up to? So I know what to expect in terms of gameplay length.
Alpha 2 will go up Canle Town, which doesn't have a gym, so in term of badges, up to the second one. Though, there's a short cave between the first and second badges and the Ancient Waterway you will have to go through to reach Canle Town will not be very short.

If that's too short for you, wait until Alpha 3, that will go up to the 3rd or 4th gym.

(the tense you used in you post made it sound like you think Alpha 2 is out. It's not, but it will be out probably tomorrow)

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Okay then I'll probably get around to playing either Alpha 2 or 3 when they come out in my spare time until then I wish you the best of luck with your hack and hope you finish it.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Great new guys! Alpha 2.0 has been officially released! It was meant to be released yesterday, but the release was delayed (I bet you had more than enough of that around Pokémon Bank) because I decided to do Route 5 so I can have a better cut-off point.

Changelog:

1. Major game release, up to Route 5.
  2. Fixed a game-breaking glitch involving whiting out during the rival battle outside of the Earth Tower.
  3. Added Gliscor and Weavile.
  4. TMs are now reusable!

Download available at the main post! Also, you can catch Snorlax in this update and it is TBD when another one will be available, so here's some tips for catching it. First off, don't think it's easy - it knows Belly Drum and it will sweep your team if it uses that. Also, it's got Leftovers, which make it really annoying, so here's a suggestion: in the Ancient Waterway, you can get a TM for Thief. Teach it to something and then use it to steal the Leftovers. As TMs are re-usable, you will keep your Thief TM and then you can teach the Pokémon another move. Or, you can use the Move Relearner to get back the move you replaced. He is available as you can get a Heart Scale in the Ancient Waterway (use it well, they'll be expensive in the Department Store!).

(not that I'm complaining, but why is nobody using the Trainer and Move Suggestion Systems? They're linked in the main post)

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Telinc1, may I upload in my blog (pokehack.heck.in) ?
Well, it's a bit strange asking after its uploaded, but okay, it seems that you aren't doing it with "bad thoughts", so yes, you may keep it and upload the new versions that come out, though I'd prefer for you to upload the original .zip file, as .gba files are kind of illegal.

P.S.: I actually congratulate you - I've made other content (Minecraft mods) and most websites that stole it had no comment system and the ones that did just ignored me. I actually expected the same from you, though you actually responded and fixed your mistake.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Wow just played the beta, I REALLY like this hack keep up the good work
Wow, that's very nice! I have never expected such good feedback on this.

Side note, development on Alpha 3.0 will begin tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (which is actually 1 January!) I always take breaks after releases to prevent getting bored from hacking as that's what happened to Super Mario World and Pokémon is actually more fun to hack so I don't want that happening.

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Wow, that's very nice! I have never expected such good feedback on this.

Side note, development on Alpha 3.0 will begin tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (which is actually 1 January!) I always take breaks after releases to prevent getting bored from hacking as that's what happened to Super Mario World and Pokémon is actually more fun to hack so I don't want that happening.

Also I played obidian black hoping to get a nidoran boy dissapointed to not find one but then i found that Shiny nidoking ( I named him Alexander ( Alexander the great LOL ))
And i wish you luck with the next alpha Which to be honest should be Beta 1

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Also I played obidian black hoping to get a nidoran boy dissapointed to not find one but then i found that Shiny nidoking ( I named him Alexander ( Alexander the great LOL ))
And i wish you luck with the next alpha Which to be honest should be Beta 1
Actually, NidoranM is exclusive to ObsidianBlack and it's quite common, I have no idea why you didn't find it. As for the shiny Nidoking, it's cool, but it is a forced shiny (there will be two more) and so it's nothing like that legit shiny Charmander I got while testing the hack.

For the next version... I don't know exactly. I want Beta 1 to be the after the middle of the game, it will probably be later, as there's 8 Bosha gyms + 4 unnamed archipelago gyms = 12 gyms / 2 = 6th gym is probably when Beta 1 will come. We will see though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I tried this out and it's interesting but the mapping could really use some work. There's way too much empty space, and almost no decorations.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
I can not wait for the next version, because this is my favorite pokemon hack.
Oh, that's cool!

I tried this out and it's interesting but the mapping could really use some work. There's way too much empty space, and almost no decorations.
Yeah, I know, I'm not good at especially cities and routes, though I do think I'm good at caves and such "inside" areas, though I do my best with the cities/routes/towns/anything else outside.

Though, what I'm more aiming for is interesting plot and good gameplay.

EDIT: An hour or so ago I noticed a huge derp with the suggestion systems. Now you can actually access them!
Also, fun fact to show you how much I care about this hacks - I've just hit 70 backups, which is equal to exactly 1.09375 GB worth of disk space. Yeah.

Last edited:
Back