• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Pokemon New Dawn

Welcome This Is Made In RMXP NOT A HACK.

Story

Enter the Region of Fingoe where you will meet friends, challenges, and possibly enemies. In the times of old a vicious war between two god-like pokemon split the region of Fingoe into an archaepelago each small landmass with extreme and varying climates. You play as a young boy/girl who lives in Invoid Town. Your parents want you to follow in your father's footsteps, and become a blacksmith as your grandfather was. Your desire; however is to become a trainer and explore the region with Pokemon Friends. You run off to the next town where a Pokemon Professor Lives and pick your starter Pokemon. All is well until you run into a cave where you see an image of you and Frostel, one of the Pokemon that was the cause of Fingoe's separation. Along your journeys you noticed that the Geo Corp has been unusually active, in the caves beneath Fingoe national museum saying they have found a way to have an alternative easy innovative future.
However, a group of thug have been seeing to it that Geo Corp cannot continue with there plans. Who are they and what are they protecting?

The Region Of Fingoe

Spoiler:

Images

Screenshots

Character's

The Male And Female Heros's

The Rival

More soon.

Progress

Storyline: 30%
Maps: 5%
Fakemon: 5%
Trainers: 1%
Over worlds: 1%

Team

Spoiler:

Thanks to Aquadan and Aquatic Sirens for the Thread Design.
And NikNaks For The World Map.

Recruiting

Trainer Artists
Spriters (Back Sprites)
Mappers
Scripters (Maybe)
OverWorld Artists

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
First things first, the plot:
Made In Rpg Maker XP
Plot/Story: You The Main Character Decided That They Don't Want To Be A Ranger (Which Most Of The People In Southern Fingoe Are.)
nothing wrong with this, I assume the main character wants to be a trainer instead?

Made In Rpg Maker XP
Lucky For You Because They HomeMade Pokeball You Made Know Has A Pokemon A Shaymin!

Whoa whoa WHOA... wait a sec. first of, the grammar is way off in this sentence. I can understand that ( I'm not very good at English either), but, how on earth did a shaymin just magically appear in your homemade pokeball?? There isn't a single thing related to the story on how and, more importantly WHY a SHAYMIN would be your starter pokemon. Shaymin is a legendary pokemon, having it as your starter would severely mess up the gameplay.

the rest of your "story" is pretty bland either, I don't want to be rude, but you'll have to change nearly everything other then the first sentence.
you got options here:
1) just drop the shaymin idea already

2) Explain why you'd start with a shaymin, and what part it'll take in your story. And you better have a good and original reason for this, because most people don't like to have a legendary as a starter. It's LEGENDARY, which means it's powerful, why would it just get into your pokeball and obey all your orders.

The mapshots you've posted aren't the same size, one has been scaled down, though this isn't that important, it doesn't look professional.
the mapping itself is also pretty bland. grass doesn't grow in perfect squares, you should try to randomize the objects in your map to fill up the huge empty spots and make it look more natural.

Your region map should be placed on the same grid as your normal maps, meaning cities, towns and routes have to be placed on a grid. look at a map making tutorial in the tutorial section and it'll explain to you how to make a proper world map.

From the looks of it, it appears to that you've only spent like 30 minutes on the game so far. I doubt many people will take you serious. You got a lot of work to do, you better be ready for other harsh comments. I didn't want to insult you with this. I hope you take the advise given in this post and make good use of it.

Good luck.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Advice Taken Thanks For That. I am english just can't use grammar properly.

Note: Anybody want to help PM me Thanks.

Last edited:

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Great

Great! Honestly you do not know how happy i am about that.. please pm me everything because i don't want any peaks also please add me as friend just incase alright?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I was look at the game our u also going to have shadow pokemon like lugia that will make it beta and I knw how to add shadow pokemon the game

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Shadow Pokemon

Maybe I Might Add Shadow Pokemon As Part Of The Plot In Hoenn Also Do You Add Shadow Pokemon By Adding The Moves And Details Then In The Editor or debug in trainers switch shadow to true.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
u just open the pbs/types.txt and add these lines

[18]
Name=SHADOW
IsSpecialType=true
InternalName=SHADOW
Resistances=SHADOW

Then, open the file 'PBS/moves.txt' and add these lines.

471,SHADOWBLITZ,SHADOW BLITZ,121,40,SHADOW,Physical,100,60,0,00,0,bef,Cool,"Shadow Blitz"
472,SHADOWWAVE,SHADOW WAVE,121,50,SHADOW,Special,100,60,0,08,0,b,Cool,"Shadow Wave"
473,SHADOWRAVE,SHADOW RAVE,121,70,SHADOW,Special,100,60,0,08,0,be,Cool,"Shadow Rave"
474,SHADOWBREAK,SHADOW BREAK,121,75,SHADOW,Physical,100,60,0,00,0,abef,Cool,"Shadow Break"
475,SHADOWBLAST,SHADOW BLAST,12E,80,SHADOW,Special,100,60,0,00,0,bef,Cool,"Shadow Blast"
476,SHADOWRUSH,SHADOW RUSH,121,80,SHADOW,Physical,100,60,0,00,0,abef,Cool,"Shadow Rush"
477,SHADOWMIST,SHADOW MIST,122,0,SHADOW,Status,100,60,0,08,0,be,Cool,"Shadow Mist"
478,SHADOWSHED,SHADOW SHED,123,0,SHADOW,Status,100,60,0,10,0,b,Cool,"Shadow Shed"
479,SHADOWHOLD,SHADOW HOLD,124,0,SHADOW,Status,80,60,0,08,0,be,Cool,"Shadow Hold"
480,SHADOWDOWN,SHADOW DOWN,125,0,SHADOW,Status,100,60,0,08,0,be,Cool,"Shadow Down"
481,SHADOWFIRE,SHADOW FIRE,126,75,SHADOW,Special,100,60,10,00,0,bef,Cool,"Shadow Fire"
482,SHADOWCHILL,SHADOW CHILL,127,75,SHADOW,Special,100,60,10,00,0,bef,Cool,"Shadow Chill"
483,SHADOWBOLT,SHADOW BOLT,128,75,SHADOW,Special,100,60,10,00,0,bef,Cool,"Shadow Bolt"
484,SHADOWPANIC,SHADOW PANIC,129,0,SHADOW,Status,100,60,0,08,0,be,Cool,"Shadow Panic"
485,SHADOWSTORM,SHADOW STORM,12A,95,SHADOW,Special,100,60,0,00,0,b,Cool,"Shadow Storm"
486,SHADOWEND,SHADOW END,12B,120,SHADOW,Physical,60,60,0,00,0,abef,Cool,"Shadow End"
487,SHADOWHALF,SHADOW HALF,12C,0,SHADOW,Status,100,60,0,10,0,b,Cool,"Shadow Half"
488,SHADOWSKY,SHADOW SKY,12D,0,SHADOW,Status,100,60,0,10,0,b,Cool,"Shadow Sky"

To make a Trainer have a shadow Pokemon, open the Pokemon Essentials editor, select "Edit Trainers", select the Trainer, then the Pokemon, and make sure "Shadow" is set to true.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Water

Hi everyone I need Scripters and anyone who Can make like see-through water like xenotime has it looks cool!

So Scripters and tilesets thanks.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
I Know

I Know, I know, but this is the drawing board and i've only got a three people team so yes it is boring at the moment. You want to help PM me seriously i need some more help.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I Know, I know, but this is the drawing board and i've only got a three people team so yes it is boring at the moment. You want to help PM me seriously i need some more help.

If you want to make a game, you should at least write the story so that people who might want to help have a REASON to help. You can't expect people to jump at the chance to help when you don't have anything to start with. That makes it seem like they'll be doing most of the work for the game YOU want to make.

What parts of the game are you yourself specifically working on?

Features:
Unique Regions [Unique how? Is there something extremely different that makes this region "unique" and special, or did you really just mean to say that it would be a NEW region?]
Unique Plot [You seemingly haven't even made your plot yet, so if I were you, I wouldn't promise this until I had the plot actually written out.]
New Character's [There's new characters in each new generation of Pokemon games. What makes these a new feature?]
New Team [Once again, what makes them a new feature? What does the team actually want to accomplish? What are they doing? How are you expected to stop them?]
No Fakemon [That's less of a feature, more of an absence of a feature, but seeing as people will eventually ask anyway if you don't list it, I can see why you'd list it here.]
5Th Gen Pokemon Too! [So I can assume you're going to wait a year and a half to program these in, since you'll need to wait for Nintendo to release Black and White before you can get their actual Dex Entries?]
Travel to The Hoenn Region To Uncover Secret's. [WHAT secrets? Why are we going to Hoenn? Is it a part of the story, that helps the story actually progress, or is it just a random feature you decided to put in?]
Low Level Guardians. [This isn't really a good thing, at least with how you've stated it. What I can understand from this, is that, in your game, the legendaries, which are usually the most powerful Pokemon in the game and the hardest to catch, have been weakened. Wouldn't that basically take a way from the challenge, and in turn, interest in your game? Why would I want a game where i just walk around tossing Pokeball's left and right, catching whatever I want, without any challenge at all?]
Touch Screen (Hopefully) [For what? The touch screen on DPP/HGSS games is because those games are on the DS, which has a second screen made for that purpose, so if they didn't use the touch screen, it'd just make the bottom half of the DS useless and pointless. On a computer/tablet/laptop, there's one screen. Now, even if you're thinking of only having one screen that happens to be useable with the mouse, that's also more of a hassle than a helpful feature. The original games were all button-controlled only, no touch screen. If you put in the touch screen, it will just create extra work in which the player has to reach from their keyboard, to their mouse, and back to their keyboard. Now, unless you have a VERY good, thought out plan as to what to use the touchscreen for, I suggest not including that in your game until you CAN think of a purpose for it.]
Shadow Pokemon [Once again, WHY? What part do they play in the story? Do they have something to do with the Evil Team of your game? Can they be caught and Purified? Are they in both the normal world AND the dark world, or just the dark world?]
Dark World. [W-h-y? What part does it play in the story, if any at all? Why are we going there? What and/or who is in there that we so badly need to go to the dark world?]
More Coming
Just some things you may want to think about when listing "Features" and when you get around to actually writing your game's plot.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
updating

sorry i didn't update that part going to update story/plot and everything is being update like i said I had a System crash O.k. But yes i will update.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Allright guys, I created a new map for this game, used the default tiles from rmxp for the flowers.

the game's improving rapidly. I'm waiting for the first post to be updated.

Anyway, this is Flor Town. feedback is appreciated.
Spoiler:

credits are listed in the first post

EDIT: Oh snap, I just noticed the cursor in the map, I'll edit it out now.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
Not to be a total jerk but every thing clashes... the neutral with the neon it dosent work, i would choose one tileset or the other

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
No i didn't Elarmasecreta did. he's helping map!

alright then, my bad. but yeah, the different tilesets dont look right. theyre pretty clearly from diff games.

wait...then what are you doing in this project? o_O you never told me after my last post where i asked...

Arma

The Hyena
Years
alright then, my bad. but yeah, the different tilesets dont look right. theyre pretty clearly from diff games.

wait...then what are you doing in this project? o_O you never told me after my last post where i asked...

I'm editing the tiles as we speak, I'm going with more natural colors Kylodove used. I think it'll look really nice once all the tiles match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back