• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
And his down b definitely does nothing. I havent been able to reflect.. ANYTHING. Its frustrating as well.

Also since when can Peach pick up fruit and throw them!?! Thats madness!! Thats basically cheating right there.
Physical Attacks I should had mentioned. Have Ganondorf punch you and use Down+B right when he hits.

Just press Down+A to pick up the fruit..If that's cheating then the Ice Climbers freezing the enemy is cheating as well. ;) Since Mr Freezie is actually an item itself hehe

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Also since when can Peach pick up fruit and throw them!?! Thats madness!! Thats basically cheating right there.
Better than banana trip lord, biker dude and king of vegetables.

Spoiler:

Also the thing that makes Ice Climbers so good is that you're basically using two characters. You control the second character as well @ people who say they don't like relying on A.I.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Also the thing that makes Ice Climbers so good is that you're basically using two characters. You control the second character as well @ people who say they don't like relying on A.I.
Controling them or not, I still don't like them :X I already knew that too btw

I do prefer them 100% over Ness. I can't stand Ness at all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Well the thing about Ice Climbers are unless they are a top level player they are pretty easy to read. Most Ice Climbers often the something I call the Ice Climber syndrome. They will run up to you shield and grab. What you do is bait the grab; basically you want to let them hold there shield till they drop it or just hit it with a move that is far enough away from them (example like ROB's F-tilt). They will usually try to go for a grab right after however they wont be able to reach you, so you punish. There advances are usually straightforward, such as dysnced blizzard/ice blocks or run up shield. So you should try to keep them away with a projectile or make sure you're fighting them on a stage with a platform.

Also if anyone would ever like to play some brawl let me know.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Ivan!
Are you a competitive player? Because it surely sounds like you are :O. Have you competed in any competitions?? Who do you main with?

Also I didnt know you could control both Ice climbers!! How do you do that!??! Someone please help out the newbie!
-cough- diddy is awesome -cough-

I agree with Sector though, Ness was only good in the first game xD Man was he boss in that though. So op.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Thank you, and yes I'm a competitive player from the Las Vegas area. I do attend competitions, however I'm not that good yet. I usually go to the tournaments here in Vegas. Last month I went down to LA with a couple of other plays from here to play at the regional they were hosting there. I didn't make it out of pools though, however I got 4th in amateur bracket. My mains are Yoshi + ROB, and I side Falco/Snake (these two usually for wi-fi).

As for your Ice Climbers question the other one is controlled by your inputs, like a regular character. The only difference it that it takes time about .5 of a second after your initial input. So for example if you just jab with ICs you see how nana does her jab right after popo starts his. This is because she is doing the jab that you imputed just different timing. This is the key. You basically control both characters by essentially buffering everything you do.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Does anyone actually take screen shots?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. And here are a few screenshots I made :D (with captions):

Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Dragon some of your sceenies were entertaining to say the least. I didnt even know you could take scene shots, god Im a newbie still! How do you share the screenies once you take them though? Or do you just not share them at all?

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Well you can take screenshots by pausing the game then pressing the capture button xD
If you want to share some screenies, I believe you just have to insert an SD Card in the Wii, put the screenies in the SD Card, then put the SD Card to the computer and you have your pictures lol xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
LMAO I love Ganon killing Zelda while Mario just watches and does nothing. Clearly if it's not Princess Peach he just doesn't give a crap. What a hero XD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Well I don't think Ill be uploading any screenies like that! (My god mewtwos a pain to get in melee.) Though your screenies are very good as I've already said.

I do agree with Andy about Mario, everyone sees how it is, he only cares about one damsel in distress! I don't know how he can just watch and let ganondorf do that!
(Though if it was me controlling him I would probably just run straight past them and miss all my attacks anyway.) How did you even set those screenies up??

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I've got plenty of screenshots that I could share.

One involves captain falcon walking in the air.

Shining Raichu

Years
Spino did you intend for that post to rhyme because that was amazing XD

There's something that's been bothering me recently. I don't think that the 3DS keypads are a great fit for Smash Bros. I could be wrong, but I feel like movement would be inhibited because the control system is weirdly spread out (being a handheld) and I'm worried it's going to ruin the entire game lol. Also, I'm not sure that 3D is going to be fantastic. I think it might confuse the process since it's such a fast-paced gaming format and that just adds another of eye-stinging optical illusion. Though I never use the 3D on my 3DS anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter since you can turn that off.

Any thoughts? Am I just being crazy?

Shining Raichu

Years
They are actually making a PlayStation version lol - it's called PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale - my entire last post was a link to an article about it XD that's why the text is a funny colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back