• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unova Pack for Pokémon Essentials

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Are you working on this? I wouldn't mind adding 5th gen into my game. Also does this include the GFX files for the pokemon? or just the .txt files?
Yes, I am waiting for Maruno update some things on Essentials.

The current kit have:

pokemon.txt (deprecated, use the one in my last post)
moves.txt (deprecated)
abilities.txt (deprecated)
tm.txt (only need to replace all "MR_MIME" to "MRMIME")
Cries.
Front, front shiny, back, back shiny and icons sprites including alternative forms. The backers are edited versions with gen 3/4 style.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Yes, I am waiting for Maruno update some things on Essentials.

The current kit have:

pokemon.txt (deprecated, use the one in my last post)
moves.txt (deprecated)
abilities.txt (deprecated)
tm.txt (only need to replace all "MR_MIME" to "MRMIME")
Cries.
Front, front shiny, back, back shiny and icons sprites including alternative forms. The backers are edited versions with gen 3/4 style.
What in particular are you waiting for?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
What in particular are you waiting for?
WildItemUncommon/Rare . But I also want to make test with new screens, battlers and your edits on pokemon.txt to follow.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok before i add this will it break the current version of essentials (version 7)? (like the region and form stuff?)

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
It won't break anything, no, however, you're going to have to do a lot of copying and renaming of the sprite files because in v7, the female forms have their own files. You'll need to duplicate animated sprites and rename them to fit into the female spots otherwise those won't work. It also doesn't include the sprites for alternately formed pokemon. So if anything, it's now just a bit incomplete.

But still works fine. c:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok ive tried adding one by one but game crashes when i try adding victini (have not tried the others but even tried using an existing pokemon entry and renaming it and that dont work)

EDIT
ok fixed didnt realise you had to delete the save game when adding new species (im sure you never used to) any thank you for the pack and im now currently working on making the sprites to match the black and white style (full backs)

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
It won't break anything, no, however, you're going to have to do a lot of copying and renaming of the sprite files because in v7, the female forms have their own files. You'll need to duplicate animated sprites and rename them to fit into the female spots otherwise those won't work. It also doesn't include the sprites for alternately formed pokemon. So if anything, it's now just a bit incomplete.

But still works fine. c:
I thinks that you making some confusion here, my kit don't have animated sprites!

ok ive tried adding one by one but game crashes when i try adding victini (have not tried the others but even tried using an existing pokemon entry and renaming it and that dont work)

EDIT
ok fixed didnt realise you had to delete the save game when adding new species (im sure you never used to) any thank you for the pack and im now currently working on making the sprites to match the black and white style (full backs)
This must be something that Maruno change in newer versions.

About the backers, DON'T DO IT!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233208 have it
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270197 have it animated.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

EDIT
This must be something that Maruno change in newer versions.
The game shouldn't immediately crash when adding new species, but there will be form-recording problems later on. That's the only thing I've changed in that regard.

It just makes sense to start a new game when you've made such a big change as adding a new species, though. "Start a new game" should be step 1 when it comes to troubleshooting any problem.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Sorry, different Unova add on pack.

I've been so derpy lately.. Pay no attention to me!

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
ok i thin i've missed something here. i've taken everything from the unova pack (sound effects, graphics and .txt files) and placed them in their proper folders within essentials and replaced the old .txt files with your ones. it excepted this but then i have an in game problem. every time in debug mode i attempt to give myself a unova pokemon it gives me this error message:

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:1246:in `pbSeenForm'
PokemonUtilities:1221:in `pbAddPokemon'
PokemonDebug:403:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:299:in `loop'
PokemonDebug:610:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:242:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'
PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

i've tried with older pokemon and it works fine so t doesn't seem to be the method. also moves have been changed completely so pokemon are learning all kind of weird moves and they all have different effects. i have no doubt that i've done something wrong here. i think it's probley how i've ut all this togather. can you please tell me what i've done wrong and possibley tell me a program or method to use.

thanks

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I updated the tms.txt on topic (and NOT the pack yet) with the BW2 move tutors.

PS: To fix the error:

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:1246:in `pbSeenForm'
PokemonUtilities:1221:in `pbAddPokemon'
PokemonDebug:403:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:299:in `loop'
PokemonDebug:610:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:242:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'
PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

In PokemonUtilities, after line 'if !$Trainer.formseen[species]' add '$Trainer.formseen[species]=[]'.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Someone had problems with the exp gain?

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Nope, I don't see any problems with the exp gain :D

Are you planning to add the Pokemon form in pokemon.txt?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I am making a new pack with BW2 forms, but I can't find TherianLandorus, TherianThundurus, TherianTornadus cries. Does anyone have theses cries?

Back