• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out, I'm new.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
Hey everyone! I have some questions about this game. I just started playing about a month ago and I'm looking to up my skills.

And by that, I mean some new deck creations. I'm curious what there is to play besides this theme deck that hasn't done me too much good. I've been researching the past few weeks on big competitive decks such as Darkrai, Terrakion, and a few others.

Those look fun and all, but I'm not looking to spend that much money so early on. The friends I play with are all still pretty casual, but their decks are getting better so a theme deck isn't cutting it. I'm looking to spend maybe $50-70 on a nice, "kitchen table" competitive deck.

And while giving suggestions, how are theme decks if you stack them? I was thinking about buying a couple of the "Toxic Tricks" theme decks, and add a few staple cards to a deck like that. Such as Virbank City Gym, and Hypnotoxic Laser. But I'm not sure if that's a good start, or a bad idea. I'll be buying plenty of expensive cards (Pokemon Catcher) and friends later on, just not now.

So thanks to anyone who helps!

Years
You might have some success just merging two of the same theme deck together, but that still leaves you with only two copies of most of your best Pokemon and Trainer cards.

What were you thinking the deck would look like when you finished it?

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
Honestly I was thinking about buying 4 of the theme deck to max out potential. It'll only be like $45 and seems fun. But are there better theme decks? And what do you think the list should like like?

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
And honestly I was thinking about taking two plasma shadow and two toxic tricks theme decks and combining them since they play well with conditions. Does anyone know of any great pokemon lines that are (preferably) psychic/grass or anything that could work well with those decks? I already have virbank city gym and hypnotoxic laser on my list.

Last edited:
Years
I have no idea what an ideal list would look like for what you intend as I've personally stopped paying attention to theme decks altogether and have no idea what's in that theme deck and currently have no easy means to look it up since I'm posting from my mobile.

Back