• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have flash 128K new 1.8.0 emu
delete the .sav and the .bak that it created?
also I see this when the game starts
25rm93m.gif
Do I see this message because of the problem or not?
maybe I need to change things on hex editor?
you see,I guess I can play without save cause I can use quick save but when I beat the pokemon league it saves,and it will probablly show me the blue massege which means that I cannot beat the game....

Please use the search function next time. Solutions here or here.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Does anybody know how to disable the Start menu temporarily in FR?
ASM code is fine, too.

Hmm, I've got an idea already but right now I can't try it. Basically the Start button should be disabled temporarily. ASM? Sure.

simonrule18

Iwant to create my own pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
My Cyclone doesn't work, I have this error:
"System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). Lemodule spécifié est introuvable"
What I have to do, to make it working?

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
I have editied Palltet town alot in Fire red.
But when i play my hack, I exit my home and the screen stays black...
Any ideas???

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
My Cyclone doesn't work, I have this error:
"System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). Lemodule spécifié est introuvable"
What I have to do, to make it working?

This was answered already. Please use the search function, 'cause I've answered ages ago.

I have editied Palltet town alot in Fire red.
But when i play my hack, I exit my home and the screen stays black...
Any ideas???

Looks like the map got screwed up. Try resizing it and/or re-importing it and see if the problem is fixed or not.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
OK my hack saves good.
I have some questions:
1.is there any tool to edit evulotions on platinum?
2.I saw that advanced hackers can make the 25 empty spaces into 98,can I do that or not?(if it's hard or not)
3.I saw on detinyjagold's tut on resizing OW a program that can resize OW's named OW resizer\changer but I didn't found her,somebody knows where?

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Advance Map Overwriting?

I have an Advance Map question:

I am in the process of replacing all of the Safari Zone maps (FireRed) with my own maps. There are 9 in total, 4 area maps and 5 house maps. I have 5 big areas that I need to insert, and when I insert 4 of them into the 4 area maps it is fine. But when I insert the last one into the house map, it seems like it is overwriting maps and is really glitchy when I play through it (ie. the events are there, but on a different map, or I am stuck and all I can see is the border block). Is it possible to insert a map bigger than the original without it overwriting the next one? I thought it was, but I'm not sure it is because of this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Erm, yeah i know this Question is kinda dumb but yeah... im new to rom hacking

How do i change the storylines in game? Is there any specific tool or something?

/ Pokémon Nerd

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Erm, yeah i know this Question is kinda dumb but yeah... im new to rom hacking

How do i change the storylines in game? Is there any specific tool or something?

/ Pokémon Nerd

Storyline can refer to any number of things. To me, it encompasses the whole game, including maps, events (scripts), trainers, among other things. There are tools to edit parts of the game, but as I said, all parts come together to form the storyline.

These tools can be used in their respective areas:

Maps/Other things: AdvanceMap, EliteMap
Scripting: XSE, PKSV, PokeScript
Trainers' Pokemon: PET, Advance-Trainer
Text: Advance-Text, various hex editors
and many others...

Read some of the tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials section. These should help you understand more about ROM hacking.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Um i don't know what happened but when I press the start button for my hack, where it shows the player's name and bag etc. The palette has the blue but then a bunch of random colours on the description box. Help?

School days again...
Years
How to make D/P sprites into 64 x 64 pixels, because I know that I'll ruin the palette if I resize it like these ones below:

School days again...
Years
try this thread...
hope it may help your resizing problems...
Oh, that's how, thanks for the help but should it be like these

Don't mind the palette of Charmander's back sprite

Sorry if I'm a slow-learner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
I'm working on the maps for my hack, Pokémon Duality, yet ran into a peculiar problem when attempting to do one of the new maps. Ingame it looks like:

mapproblem.jpg

Yet, those little grey boxes on the right and top were never inserted into my map. How would I go about getting rid of them?

Larsie13

I'm working on the maps for my hack, Pokémon Duality, yet ran into a peculiar problem when attempting to do one of the new maps. Ingame it looks like:

mapproblem.jpg

Yet, those little grey boxes on the right and top were never inserted into my map. How would I go about getting rid of them?
That's called the Border Block. It's in the upper right corner of the Map View tab in A-Map. It's what's shown around the edges of the map, in this case the grey boxes. Change them to tile #000, the first one in the tileset. That's probably what you want, since it's an in-house map.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
1.is there any tool to edit evulotions on platinum?
2.I saw that advanced hackers can make the 25 empty spaces into 98,can I do that or not?(if it's hard or not)
and if possible,can those hackers make a rom base with the 98 spaces?(because I heard that it's hard to do)

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Is there a way to change the wild encounter text?

ex:
Default: Wild insert pokemon name here appeared

Changed to: ZOMG that insert pokemon name here scared the crap out of me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back