• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to insert trainer sprites using NSE 2.X

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
wow wha a great tutorial.
after this time to learn how to make give pokemon sprite.
thanks.

i'm sorry it should be script not sprite.

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
Years
Haha this tutorial is pretty nice, I have to say. I actually knew everything here, except for that background palette. I always had to switch between the XXXX color and black on paint after I did that palette swap thing on Irfan and that was a real pain (lol).

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
I ****ing love you for making this tutorial. I have been struggling to find this on google and here it is. You sir are a lifesaver

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Haha this tutorial is pretty nice, I have to say. I actually knew everything here, except for that background palette. I always had to switch between the XXXX color and black on paint after I did that palette swap thing on Irfan and that was a real pain (lol).

Thanks

I ****ing love you for making this tutorial. I have been struggling to find this on google and here it is. You sir are a lifesaver

I ****ing love you too

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Would you say this is better than Unlz because all of a sudden it started acting weird on me. It wont work on the Pokemon Ruby like it was a yesterday, all i see is a black screen. But for the other pokemon games it work. So your saying this method is better than Unlz?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
For Windows 7 users: Download paintXP, its basically ms paint from windows xp. It will work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Thank you very much for this tutorial. I assume I can follow a similiar pattern when replacing "non-battle" sprites.

dracosto

King of the Hill
Years
hello, i can't click 16 Colors (4BPP) in decrease color depth in IrfanView, what can i do to click it? please help ...

i'm also a filipino ... and you, tajaros is famous in hacking rom, and making some incredible sprites. Good Job :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Hello. I did find your tutorial helpful, but I have one question.

I am attempting to make a ROM hack of pokemon emerald, and NSE's "Edit trainer sprites" function only works with Ruby and FireRed. Do you have any suggestions for alternate programs or methods to insert new trainer sprites into Pokemon Emerald?

Thank you

Back