• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Monotype challenge for G/S/C

killer-g

S to the o
Years
I started the game in my house I got my pokegear from my mother went to the pokemon lab and walked in while prof.elm was on the computer I said that I wanted a pokemon and then he got an e-mail from someone I got my pokemon totodile and left to mr pokemons house I did not battle any wild pokemon I got in cherrygrove and got a map card for my pokegear cool! I went to the house of mr pokemon without any training again and got the egg and a pokedex

When I left the house I got called spomeone stole a pokemon it was aaaaaaaaa with his chikorita i won and totodile grew a level I said aaaaaaa to the police and he asumed it was the name he is so dump I gave the egg to the proffesor and he tottally freeked out I left because he was shouting to hard and left but before I did that I got 5 pokeballs and a man asked if I wanted to learn to catch pokemon (as if!)

I went to a house but it was a duane and I finally got in a route and I saw a lot of pokemon but one pokemon was fleeing all the time but I managed to catch it Phanpy.

team

phanpy
levl 3
moves: tackle, growl

totodile
level 6 hm slave when I get the water hm.....

I went on and trained at route 31 battled some trainers and then thought that I would make a team with only ground pokemon or another pokemon that has both another type and ground type so I walked into the dark cave and I saw a geodude the rock/ground type and I caught it and I trained it I thought that it was good enough for the gym and won

team

geodude
level 11
attacks: tackle,defense curl, rock throw

phanpy
level 10
attacks: tackle,growl,defence curl

Last edited:

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
Seringho, I would have appreciated it if you had waited for me to add you to the list before starting your game.

Angleic Diablo, I will add poison, I remember the Weedles now.

Kanto, trading is allowed.

Pink Lopunny, you are nwo on the list for grass

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Seeing how someone already asked to be Ghost... Can I be Poison? *looks hopeful*

And I'm assuming that Bulbasaur isn't allowed (if it is, I'll probably use it, since it is Poison)?

Years
I wanna do poison. Well, i started already so he goes

Violet gym there i am, whit my spider and weed plant. after we slaughtered the sprout tower, my guys (well gals) were at lv.12. First trainer in gym wasn't hard, second trainer was easy and falkner, i needed a plan.

first i beat pidgey with spider, then when pidgeotto came out, first i used scary face to slow down then poison sting to get poison (took me 3 tries), after spinny died, bellsprout was left, x defense and poitions were the way to go while i vine whip. i win

bell: lv.13
spinny: 1v.12

2nd gym

trainers were a joke. Bugsy was super easy

Spinny destroyed the whole team with just a scary face (on scyther) and night shade.

bell: 20
spinny: 20

3rd gym whitney, bah people said she is so hard, my ass!

Nidorino, my new team mate slaughtered all the trainers.

when whitney came i used my newly evolved weepinbell to take care of whitney. First i set us up the bomb- i mean the growth. while i put the clefairy to sleep, after fairy was down, the fat cow decided to pop up. 2. instructions
1. sleep powder
2. vine whip. ... and the fat cow came crashin down.

Weepinbell: 24
Ariados: 24
Nidorino: 19

now i am at olivine city training for Morty. I'm planning to get a tentacool to make the job way easier because i cant quilfish till after the E4 : (.

current team

weepinbell: 26-27
Ariados:26-27
Nidorino: 26-27
Tentacruel (future teamate) Updat again when i beat morty

BTW where can i get a moon stone before the E4?

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
Starting Game Time:0:00
Day of the Week: Friday
Time of Day: Day
Important Events
Chose Cyndaquil as starter
Reached Cherrygrove City
Reached Mr. Pokemon's House
Obtained the Egg
Obtained Pokedex
Faught and beat Rival
Ending Game Time: 0:25
Day of the Week: Friday
Time of Day: Day
Current Party
Cyndaquil
Level: 6
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
Imperialist named Dak, I'm afraid that since you did not wait for me to add you to the list, and you used a type that has already been claimed, I cannot accept you in this particular challenge.

Underdude and Pikataro are accepted.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Imperialist named Dak, I'm afraid that since you did not wait for me to add you to the list, and you used a type that has already been claimed, I cannot accept you in this particular challenge.

Underdude and Pikataro are accepted.
Hey yeah Im afraid Im going to be dropping out of this. *Dont have enough time on my hands* sorry!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Cool. Thanks ^^

Is it OK since I start with Chikorita? After all, it can learn PoisonPowder...

I'll start ASAP. I'm kinda busy right now...

killer-g

S to the o
Years
I continued and caught a whooper
trained in union cave
battled the rocket grunts
battled bugsy
battled my rival lost 5 times trained whooper
it evolved into quagsire
lost another 2 times
trained geodude and it evolved into graveler
won
got back totodile taught it cut
got in goldenrod
won to whitney
battled trainers on my way to ecruteak city'
battled weird tree
got in ecruteak in the pc I met bill went to burned tower battled rival again lost fought kimono girls won went to route 38 trained phanpy
it evoplved into donphan
won against rival
in the gym for gym battle

team

quagsire
level 23
attacks:water gun, tail whip, slam, mud slap

donphan
level 25
attacks: tackle, fury attack, take down, flail

graveler
level 25
attacks: tackle, selfdestruct, rock throw, magnitude

totodile
level 7
attacks:scratch, leer, rage, cut

next will have more detail

Last edited:

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
Years
Pokemon G/S/C Grass Monotype Challenge #1
STARTING GAME TIME: 0:00
DAY OF THE WEEK: Saturday
TIME OF DAY: Morning

I had started the game by choosing Chikorita as my starter, I'd expected this Pokemon to be hard to use, but it was pretty fun to use a grass type. As I made my way to Route 30, I found some berries along my way. When I got to Mr. Pokemon's house, I met Prof. Oak for the first time.

He handed me a Pokedex for my use. When Prof. Oak left, I rested and received a Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon to give to Prof. Elm. I had gotten a message from Prof. Elm; he was obviously in a huge fret because he didn't have time to say it. All he said was to come back to the lab as soon as I could.

When I got over to CherrygroveTown and started to head off to NewBarkTown, I was encountered by a mysterious trainer. He challenged me to a battle after he said that I was not worthy for a Pokemon, How Rude xP. With my Level 8 Chikorita on my team against his Level 5 Cyndaquil, it was an interesting battle, but I defeated the trainer :]

When I got back to the lab, I saw a Police Officer, so it must've been serious. I told the officer I found a trainer with red hair just like his description. I told the officer his name was Sliver, after all that, I handed Prof. Elm the egg I received from Mr. Pokemon. He was astonished when he saw the egg, and he noticed my Pokedex.

Prof. Elm recommended I take the Pokemon Gym Challenge by telling me to head off to VioletCity. After I started to go through the trainers in Route 30, they didn't have a chance against my Chikorita. When I made it to Route 31, I encountered a Hoppip, and I successfully caught Hoppip. When I went to heal my Pokemon, I went to look for a Bellsprout. Guess what? I found one on my first encounter and caught. In the end, I started training my Pokemon in the grass before heading off to SproutTower.

ENDING GAME TIME: 2:43
DAY OF THE WEEK: Saturday
TIME OF DAY: Morning

CURRENT TEAM
Chikorita (Level 13) Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Reflect
Hoppip (Level 10) Splash, Synthesis, Tail Whip, Tackle
Bellsprout (Level 5) Vine Whip

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
I'm sorry I haven't posted yet. My game has the internal memory problem where it won't save your game, so I've been trying to plug my game up to a charger and keep it on, but it still will not work. Don't kick me out just yet! I'll figure something out! (*try to put the game on Sleep while not playing*)

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
Starting Game Time: 0:25
Day of the Week: Saturday
Time of Day: Morning
Important Events
Delivered Egg to Prof. Elm
Reached Violet City
Ending Game Time: 0:44
Day of the Week: Saturday
Time of Day: Morning
Current Party
Cyndaquil
Level: 9
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Pokemon Monotype Challenge for G/S/C

STARTING GAME TIME: 2:07
DAY OF THE WEEK: SUNDAY
TIME OF DAY: MORNING

Point form FTW!

Travelled through Union Cave, battling trainers and picking up items
Wooper grew to level 15
Reached Azalea Town

FINISHING GAME TIME: 2:19
TIME OF DAY: MORNING

Current Party
Totodile
Level 16
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Rage, Water Gun

Wooper
Level 15
Moves: Water Gun, Tail Whip, Slam

Last edited:

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
Hey guys, in case you are wondering, I have been a little lacking in my updates, but I haven't really started the game yet. I'll start tomorrow.

Years
Pokemon Monotype challenge G/S/C
Starting game time:00:00
day of the week: sunday
time of day: morning

Events:
Started game. chose chikorita as starter. got through route 29. recieved map card in cherrygrove city. passed through route 30. recieved mystery egg. beat rival. gave egg to Prof. Elm. Continued along route 30. caught bellsprout. caught geodude in dark cave. traded bellsprout for onix. nearly got demolished in bellsprout tower. trained pokemon till both level 11. Vanquished the gymleader. recieved egg from aide.

End game time:03:07

Current Party:
geodude
level 13
moves: tackle, rock throw, defence curl

onix
level 13
moves: tackle, screech, bind, mudslap

chikorita
level 10
moves: tackle, growl, razorleaf, synthesis

also could someone give me a tip on where to find another rock type besides sudwoodo on crystal?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Pokemon Monotype Challenge for G/S/C

STARTING GAME TIME: 2:19
TIME OF DAY: DAY

Talked to Kurt
Cleared Team Rocket out of Slowpoke Well
Wooper grew to level 16
Totodile grew to level 17

P.S - Slowpoke is a *****...

FINISHING GAME TIME: 2:33
TIME OF DAY: DAY

Current Party
Totodile
Level 17
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Rage, Water Gun

Wooper
Level 16
Moves: Water Gun, Tail Whip, Slam

dragonqueen0210: Sudowoodo is the next obtainable Rock Pokemon, but you can get Shuckle in Cianwood and Corsola is part Rock too.

Last edited:
Back