• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I beat teenage pregnancy earlier this month :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I watched 16 and Pregnant once and it made me cringe, lmao.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh god. MTV. What a waste of TV. It's a shame what happened to it. Used to be awesome. Now it's all trashy.

My birthday's on Monday! =D

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
People still watch MTV? Didn't that die when youtube became a thing?
It evolved into something completely different when stuff like My Super Sweet 16 became wildly popular. I don't actually believe it shows any music videos at all now, although I could be wrong on that front.

Honest

Hi!
Years
It evolved into something completely different when stuff like My Super Sweet 16 became wildly popular. I don't actually believe it shows any music videos at all now, although I could be wrong on that front.

There are different MTV channels now. The main network doesn't, but there's another channel that's like MTV Music or something. And they show music videos. I was rocking to Britney Spears the other day, I'd know.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I must be the only one here that's never watched MTV in my entire life. Not exactly in a hurry to try it either.

Years
I always found it funny when they started to move away from being a music channel... considering it stands for Music TV! XD

But I haven't watched MTV in like... a very long time; even then it was a flick past.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
There are different MTV channels now. The main network doesn't, but there's another channel that's like MTV Music or something. And they show music videos. I was rocking to Britney Spears the other day, I'd know.
Yeah, I was referring only to the main channel. I believe that's the same sort of deal in the UK as well: the main channel showing crappy reality shows and the rest of the MTV-network being at least partially about showing music vids.

Years
There's been only one time in my life I ever bothered watching MTV, and that was when I discovered Daria playing on it (ogod, and I can't even remember if I was still in middle or high school, I don't remember exactly when I found it). Of course, I also had it in my head back then that it was a "bad" channel due to certain other shows on it, so...I never sought after watching anything on it before then.

Or after then, for that matter.

Years
I'd care more about MTV if it actually had music these days. :/ I'm sorry but all of it's programming (aside from Ridiculousness because it can be funny) is garbage.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I remember when I was a kid I was livid that they would put the music videos on commercials for CDs and the CDs didn't actually have the music videos on them.

Also I thought every song in existence had a music video.

droomph

weeb
Years
That's why they invented MTV2! :D

You know, I was actually thinking about it the other day, and I realized I don't really pay attention to music videos at all anymore. It seems like they used to be more prevalent or something. Nowadays it's like they're a dying breed.

I'd be interested to see if the overall production of them has slumped or if it's just my imagination.

It's called YouTube my dear friend.

At least as far as I know. All the artists usually make one music video for each album/EP.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Music videos on TV is a pretty dying breed. Now days, it's all on YouTube.

At least as far as I know. All the artists usually make one music video for each album/EP.

Yeah that's pretty much true. Most artists who's sort of known or pretty known has at least one music video. Though any band/artist can take a decent camera and shoot their own video without a professional production team and upload it on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back