• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I can't find an answer to this so I'll ask here.

Everytime I try to open my game in Advanced IntroEd , I get this: 'Runtime Error 380': Invalid Property Value. This was a Ruby (AXVE) rom. All I want to do is remove the opening truck ASM. So is there some way to fix the error or remove the ASM without the tool?

Thanks in advance.
Apply the "hack" to an unedited Ruby (AXVE) rom, make an ips-patch (between that hack that is has been applied to and an unedited rom), and patch that hack to your "main" hack rom.

That will work, in case the editor supports Ruby (AXVE) rom that is.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2013
Hopefully someone can answer this as I cannot find it anywhere.

Is it possible to set a trainers pokemon to a variable rather than a predetermined pokemon? (set their pokemon to pre-set variable named 'poke' rather than '0x06').

I am trying to create a script which will allow the player to give another trainer his/her pokemon and then battle them and return their pokemon afterwards.

horcruxrocks

Pokemon Lover
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
Hey Pokemon Lovers
M having some problems in mapping stuff.
Please help me out
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now the problem is that when i first go frm littletown downwards to go into that new map it just directly goes i mean there is no house or something that comes when we go from one city to another.So how to solve that.Here are the map connection settings of 1st and 2nd map respectively.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now another problem of map is this :

Spoiler:

Why are these grey tiles coming?Whats wrong

Here's my map in A-Map
Spoiler:

Please Help.

Moreover suppose i created a map with name Rose Valley and then i inserted it.
It is registered as 0.57 but the problem is that the name of the LITTLEROOT TOWN is copied to my map's name and when i change it's name then the name of LITTLEROOT also changes.
Please explain me how to solve all these problems

Thanks in advance
-Horcrux

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hopefully someone can answer this as I cannot find it anywhere.

Is it possible to set a trainers pokemon to a variable rather than a predetermined pokemon? (set their pokemon to pre-set variable named 'poke' rather than '0x06').

I am trying to create a script which will allow the player to give another trainer his/her pokemon and then battle them and return their pokemon afterwards.

Not without significant ASM hacks, no. I've only seen one such application of what you want, and it's in the trainer house in Viridian City in Liquid Crystal.

Now the problem is that when i first go frm littletown downwards to go into that new map it just directly goes i mean there is no house or something that comes when we go from one city to another.So how to solve that.Here are the map connection settings of 1st and 2nd map respectively.

If you want a gatehouse, you need to map one and add all the events to it, including the warps. Why on earth would a connection type be a gatehouse?

Spoiler:

Why are these grey tiles coming?Whats wrong

Here's my map in A-Map
Spoiler:

You need to assign border tiles to the map. Look in the top right corner of the mapping screen, and you will see a little black box asking for border tiles. Simply select the tiles you want to use and click in the border tiles box.

Moreover suppose i created a map with name Rose Valley and then i inserted it.
It is registered as 0.57 but the problem is that the name of the LITTLEROOT TOWN is copied to my map's name and when i change it's name then the name of LITTLEROOT also changes.

Instead of renaming in the renaming box, click the drop down menu which is right beside it (on the left) and simply select your map name from it.

T3h Reaper

It must end.
Years
So sorry but I can't be .. Well let me just say I don't favor looking though all the pages to see if this has been asked, but let us say if I wanted to go down the road of stripping a complete ROM of Fire Red down to the basics as in remove all scripts through advance map make sure nothing works what so ever and redesign all the maps add my own XSE scripts and battles.

I understand how to make XSE scripts I have a few tuts and this amazing community I am just wondering would it really work since I could set my own flags and everything I need, but the only question is how would I set the gym badge flags in XSE.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
So sorry but I can't be .. Well let me just say I don't favor looking though all the pages to see if this has been asked, but let us say if I wanted to go down the road of stripping a complete ROM of Fire Red down to the basics as in remove all scripts through advance map make sure nothing works what so ever and redesign all the maps add my own XSE scripts and battles.

I understand how to make XSE scripts I have a few tuts and this amazing community I am just wondering would it really work since I could set my own flags and everything I need, but the only question is how would I set the gym badge flags in XSE.

You do know there is a search button at the top of the page, right? That is what it means when it says "Search before asking questions".

These are your flags:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6829256&postcount=158

Opem up the full findings spoiler. This will tell you everything known about every flag in FireRed and what it does. At 800, you will start to see flags that affect the game such as giving badges, accessing the pokemon menu, and giving the pokedex.

I can't find an answer to this so I'll ask here.

Everytime I try to open my game in Advanced IntroEd , I get this: 'Runtime Error 380': Invalid Property Value. This was a Ruby (AXVE) rom. All I want to do is remove the opening truck ASM. So is there some way to fix the error or remove the ASM without the tool?

Thanks in advance.

IntroEd is FR only. You need Truck Remover to remove the truck sequence.

Last edited:

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
IntroEd is FR only. You need Truck Remover to remove the truck sequence.

Ah, well, I already got it working on a clean rom for Ruby, so I was able to remove the sequence. Thanks though.

Although, is there a way to remove the Pokemon coming out in the intro, or is that impossible? (I mean the Pokemon that comes out of the ball when Birch says: "This is what we call a Pokemon")

karatekid552

Years
Ah, well, I already got it working on a clean rom for Ruby, so I was able to remove the sequence. Thanks though.

Although, is there a way to remove the Pokemon coming out in the intro, or is that impossible? (I mean the Pokemon that comes out of the ball when Birch says: "This is what we call a Pokemon")

If I remember correctly, the intro is a mix of ASM and scripting, so it would be tough to remove, but not impossible if you know what you are doing.

Years
Alright, I searched and it doesn't look like this has been asked.
I have a VisualBoyAdvance and a Mac OS X 10.7.5.
I can play GBA ROMs just fine on my VBA, but for some reason, whenever I try to open a GBC ROM, instead of playing like a GBA ROM would, the screen goes purple and only shows a small portion of the actual screen you would see if you're playing it on a GameBoyColor.
Does anybody know how to fix this? Help!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
How could I make it so showpokepic (FR) doesn't play the cry?

I think you'll have to use Assembly.

Or you could copy the data from the routine, overwrite the 'cry' byte, and call that instead of the regular showpokepic.

But I know you know that.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Ok, another truck related question. I have the map I want the intro map to be and the truck animation successfully removed, but there are three tiles that are messed up from when the truck didn't move.

3cbf95a03fd37e7e41f8830e7b599bb1.png

I tried to use a maptile script to change them to what they should be, but it doesn't work. Any fix for this?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Ok, another truck related question. I have the map I want the intro map to be and the truck animation successfully removed, but there are three tiles that are messed up from when the truck didn't move.

I tried to use a maptile script to change them to what they should be, but it doesn't work. Any fix for this?

I don't know much about those tiles or why they won't change, but I do know you can change the starting map with SMCA.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
As soon as the truck stops moving; a script that sets tiles gets activated. I'm certain this is an in-built or a header script; but since you say that you used a completely new map, I'm guessing it's an inbuilt thing. Just in case though, look at the header script.

What I suggest though is, you move the whole map down, so that the buggish tiles aren't seen. Or move it left or right. Try it.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
You can change the starting map with SMCA, thats right..
But the truck script is something internal in the ROM, that starts after the intro.

To "remove" (in fact its bypass) it, you must make a map-script that contains:

XSE 1.0.0
Code:
warp2 0xBank 0xMap 0xFF 0xX 0xY
XSE 1.1.1
Code:
warpmuted 0xBank 0xMap 0xFF 0xX 0xY

In this case you will be warped without any sound or animation.

I wonder why there is not existing a tut on PC..

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years

Just open the tileset where these tiles are and move them in the tileset to another place.
after this reinsert them into other clocks, and look if that works.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Thanks for all the answers on this, I won't need anymore, I'm going to try moving the map, although a warp should work too, I'll try both. Again, thanks allot!

EDIT: I used the muted warp and it worked perfectly. Thanks allot! Things should go smoothly from here.

Last edited:

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
I have searched this thread and scoured the internet to no avail, and since I am on the verge of burning my face off in frustration, I am going to ask.

1. How does one change the substitute sprites in Platinum Version?

2. How would I change the sprites for both of Giratina's Formes, not just its Altered Forme, in Platinum? PokeDSPic only shows the Altered Forme.

3. In regards to changing icons in Gen IV (specifically Platinum), I have succeeded in changing the sprites with a modified PokeDSPic, but the palette is wrong. How do I choose which palette to use for icons in Platinum?

I realize these are probably noobish questions, but I am rather green in Gen IV hacking and I am about to ragequit and cry in a corner. Help, please. ;A;

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey guys! Is it possible to make gender based flight positions in FR? Thanks!

~robin22gongon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back