• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Reopened..?
Oh my~ I'm so excited! Maybe zel's about to give us an update! YAY!

Happy New Year~

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
WHAT! (mouth wide open)
it's open again
well it's say's he's just finishing the Xversion
so just a tiny bit more and i get to play Xversion of beta5!

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Zomg! I wonder why the thread was re-opened, surely something exciting is about to come. ;)

Happy New Years Eve~

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
reopened!

yay, zel said he was going to release the new beta. he also said he would release it before 2008. im so excited!

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Hey Zel, You probably don't remember me because I haven't been here since like February, except to download beta4. I've read through the whole of this thread plus pages 135-203 of the old thread (yes I had a lot of time on my hands) and I have so many questions, some that I've forgotten right now so you'll probably have to come back to this post when I can musten up the energy to re-red through this thread and half of your last thread

My main question is one that probably doesn't matter now, but it's just that, I know this is meant to be a remake, but the re-make of Pokemon Red/Blue had changes. The main change I am referring to is that in pokemon Firered you can use the VS Seeker to fight virtually anyone outside caves and buildings, except that there are only a few people whose teams get stronger when you rebattle them, so, before you had put in the phone booths, I was wondering whether you were going to allow us to rebattle practically everyone that was outside a cave or building, except that the trainers that you could rebattle in GSC would improve their teams like in Firered?

Obviously with the addition of phone booths you won't be doing that now, which I think is a shame, but I'm just wondering if, in hindsight, you would have thought about it? (It would make me feel better about not being here to suggest the idea before you added the phone booths if you wouldn;t have)

Some other questions that I can remember off the top of my head:

Will the guy from FR/LG who teaches Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant or (i think it is called) Hydro Cannon be in SG? if so would you be able to teach these moves to your starter, or the kanto starters?

I think I read that the Move re-learner would be in SG (the guy who teaches a pokemon's old moves in exchange for Heart Scales/ Mushrooms) but what about the move tutors from E/FR/LG who teach Body Slam and other such moves?

I was wondering if you planned on doing anything with HM08 Dive? it really annoyed me that you couldn't dive in FR/LG

Also, after you battle Silver for the last time (in Mt Moon I think) would you be able to make it so that you can sometimes re-battle Silver in the Indigo plateau PC in front of the steps leading to the pokemon league, just like in GSC?

Also, if you haven't thought about it, I have an idea for getting the starter that Silver takes: After you battle Silver at Mt Moon, and he realises about love and trust and etc, he could leave his (in my case, since I usually choose Totdile) Meganium at the day care and then the next time you go to day care they could give you a chikorita egg (or whichever starter your rival took)

Like I said, I probably have some more questions that I can't remember right now, which I'll come up with after I re-read your two threads. Anyway, it looks like a great hack. I love the idea about the trick house. Keep up the good work!

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Hey Zel, You probably don't remember me because I haven't been here since like February, except to download beta4. I've read through the whole of this thread plus pages 135-203 of the old thread (yes I had a lot of time on my hands) and I have so many questions, some that I've forgotten right now so you'll probably have to come back to this post when I can musten up the energy to re-red through this thread and half of your last thread……………………

………

………

Well, I think the VS Seeker is a bit complicated to Zel but I think you're right about that, since Zel actually added the Phone Booth how can he make the trainers PKMN teams get even stronger in FR/LG? but in GSC the PKMN teams of a trainer is still the same level as before when you battle them....
But still I think the teams will be tweaked and changed a bit as they battle you the 2nd or sometime, their PKMN's levels are a bit leveled up or something

Well keep up the good work there Zel and Happy New Year to everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Yea,he will probably post by tommorow, hopefully with the beta 5! Anyways i have a question about the phone booths- sorry if it's been asked but...can u have as many people as u want on it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Right.
Now I can't take it anymore, because I don't know whether to post this or where to post this, I just want help, so please don't be mad at me if this post is out of place, just direct me, ok?

Shiny Gold seems like the very best hack, but I can't play it. I know how to patch games, I've played several others. I have tried several different roms. But every time I try Shiny Gold (even tried another hack based of SG!), I can't get out of Gold's room in the beginning. Haven't seen anyone else facing this problem.
There's an invisible wall, like the FAQ said, at the stairs but it's not an ordinary wall. When I walk into it, Gold doesn't even bump like he usually does at a wall. So please.
What is this?

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Oh thank you for clearing that up--I should have checked the video first >.<

fabledawn-this is just out of the blue here but-u tried several different roms- u DO know that Shiny Gold will only work with fire red,right? And if so, it needs to be a clean rom that hasn't been played in at all so--yeah, hope i helped you!

Craznn

- Bannt -
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
Quick Suggestion for the Phone booth. Do you think that you can input someone in there, to like help you through the game?-Ex. You're stuck, and don't know where you should go next (Really helpful when going into the Kanto) so you phone the guy, and he gives a little helpful tip like, "Have you been to Celadon yet? I believe it's a very nice place."

Because that way --^ Spoils the game a lot less than a walkthrough :D

(Still say's i've posted only once, although I REMEMBER posting more than 4 times already...)

woah! iiits aliiiiiveeee!!!!!!

New year present from Zel! Awesome ^_^

Well, he did say that he hoped he was gonna release it before the new year!

Off topic note: can anyone suggest an emulator that runs on Mac OS X as I got a new computer for Christmas (iMac ^_^). (EDIT: by the way, it's an intel core processor, not a PPC (Power PC) processor)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Cool, finally I'm back on the other side of the desk, acting more like a rom hacker and not as much as a gamer XD

So, I'll be giving you the updates at the end of this post, as usual. But first thing's first, reply with Quotes Woohoo!

WHAT! (mouth wide open)
it's open again
well it's say's he's just finishing the Xversion
so just a tiny bit more and i get to play Xversion of beta5!

Oh, yes, in fact, since you know how much I suck at training at the X, it really takes me a lot of time to advance there... -_-
But read more for the updates.

Hey Zel, You probably don't remember me because I haven't been here since like February, except to download beta4. I've read through the whole of this thread plus pages 135-203 of the old thread (yes I had a lot of time on my hands) and I have so many questions, some that I've forgotten right now so you'll probably have to come back to this post when I can musten up the energy to re-red through this thread and half of your last thread

My main question is one that probably doesn't matter now, but it's just that, I know this is meant to be a remake, but the re-make of Pokemon Red/Blue had changes. The main change I am referring to is that in pokemon Firered you can use the VS Seeker to fight virtually anyone outside caves and buildings, except that there are only a few people whose teams get stronger when you rebattle them, so, before you had put in the phone booths, I was wondering whether you were going to allow us to rebattle practically everyone that was outside a cave or building, except that the trainers that you could rebattle in GSC would improve their teams like in Firered?

Obviously with the addition of phone booths you won't be doing that now, which I think is a shame, but I'm just wondering if, in hindsight, you would have thought about it? (It would make me feel better about not being here to suggest the idea before you added the phone booths if you wouldn;t have)

Some other questions that I can remember off the top of my head:

Will the guy from FR/LG who teaches Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant or (i think it is called) Hydro Cannon be in SG? if so would you be able to teach these moves to your starter, or the kanto starters?

I think I read that the Move re-learner would be in SG (the guy who teaches a pokemon's old moves in exchange for Heart Scales/ Mushrooms) but what about the move tutors from E/FR/LG who teach Body Slam and other such moves?

I was wondering if you planned on doing anything with HM08 Dive? it really annoyed me that you couldn't dive in FR/LG

Also, after you battle Silver for the last time (in Mt Moon I think) would you be able to make it so that you can sometimes re-battle Silver in the Indigo plateau PC in front of the steps leading to the pokemon league, just like in GSC?

Also, if you haven't thought about it, I have an idea for getting the starter that Silver takes: After you battle Silver at Mt Moon, and he realises about love and trust and etc, he could leave his (in my case, since I usually choose Totdile) Meganium at the day care and then the next time you go to day care they could give you a chikorita egg (or whichever starter your rival took)

Like I said, I probably have some more questions that I can't remember right now, which I'll come up with after I re-read your two threads. Anyway, it looks like a great hack. I love the idea about the trick house. Keep up the good work!

Well, first, yes, I remember you. I'm someone with a good memory, so I still remember everyone even from the older thread :)

About the phone booth thing, as we have discussed about it, this feature will replace the VS Seeker, so no more VS Seeker rebattling (and problems attached to it, and no more abuse of the gadget, anyway), because, in the end, I never figured out how the game changed the teams of the trainers, and everyone kept the same team even when you were at Kanto.
So, with the phone booth I have full control of the trainers' teams, I can decide at which moment they would level up and everything (and by the way, on the original they just evolved their lineups up to level 40 or so, and on SG they'll make it up to the 80s (and even to the 100s on the X version :O), so, even when they are gonna be less trainers to rebattle, it'll still be fun :) (and don't forget I even have more ideas to satisfy your battling needs)

Well, I haven't researched about the old woman in that place of the Sevii. In fact, I'd like to change the moves taught by all the move tutors with moves I like, so, till I or someone else figures out how this could be done (because with what I have researched, it doesn't work like changing the TMs/HMs)... A little more patience there is needed, I guess...

Yes, is in my plans to do a semi Dive function on SG (you probably have spotted some dark blue water on certain places for a while, that's the proof XD), but, like all the other moves with field effects, I'll start implementing them (or at least, leave everything ready for the next beta), because I'm kinda slow, and some of the ideas I had have been already implemented on other hacks... :laugh:

Yes, you should be able to battle him on Indigo Plateau, since that happened on GSC (and additionally, you'll find him somewhere else as well, and well... there's more stuff related to him later on the game)

Well, good to know you spent quite a lot of hours reading the threads, it makes me remember when I had to read the old thread for making my extreme FAQ... -_-

------

Okay, about the updates. As you can expect it, Shiny Gold will be released TODAY. Too bad that at this moment I'm still battling and editting trainers at the X, so I guess you X fans will have to wait till tomorrow, or Wednesday (yeah, blame me for my lack of interest of being training, and always being weak... XD), but the normal will be posted on my next post here (which will be in like, 5 or 6 hours)

And, I'm gonna post a quick resume about the features B5 contains on that same post, because this one already is quite big and don't want to extend it much more.

So, avoid the spam (dont start saying "I'm excited, cannot wait", and that usual stuff, because I'm 100% sure you really can wait 5 or 6 hours ;)), because as you know... I really want to keep this thread for a lot of time (mainly, because I'd be lazy to make a new one... -_-)

Well, glad to be back to look again as a rom hacker! :D

And, by the way, the release date I picked was because of one of my usual jokes "I hope I get to release it before this year ends", so... which would be the ideal date? The 31 of December, obviously :laugh:

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Whoohoo! I am going to start all over again and put SG on my Flashcard!
Then, I'm going to game the rest of the day! PHONEBOOT! PHONEBOOT!
Sorry, if this is too much spammy, just remove it...

-Pizzakoe-

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
It's good to see this back (sorry I had to post it)
Now too buisness...
Is there going to be any other tm's which are used for moves (rock smash, headbutt, teleport)? Sorry if that's not a good question but I had to rack my brains really far back.

Years
Zel, u got a big post there yes :b
Just 1 question, will the X'version be much harder then the original?
and im glad you finally feel lake a rom hacker again! (lol)

Keep it up! ;)

Back