• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Wild New User Appears!

Years
Hi everyone,
I'm Jake, I haven't been on a forum for Pokemon ever, just got back into the games this year, planning on picking up X and Y when they get here.
I am a computer programming student at my local community college, and have some decent free time, so I figured I'd find a forum and get re-acquainted with a community of people who enjoy the series of games as much as I do.

Years
Hello Jake and welcome to PC! This was my first forum too, and trust me you wont be disappointed with it.
Ohh very nice to see you getting back into it, and X and Y are looking good to own so its a good thing you came back when you did.
Very nice I'm actually in college for Game programming myself, but computer programming is great. How are you enjoying it?
You will defiantly find people who enjoy it as much as you, just ask around and find the areas your most interested being around in. The community is really friendly and we all would love to hear your opinions and thoughts on whatever you know.
Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, and hope to see you around. :)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Jake!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! Have you played through the entire series? X & Y look like they're gonna turn out to be great. Hopefully you have a 3DS to play those on for October. :p

That's cool that you're a computer programming student. I also attend a college, too, but I'm a major in one of the sciences.

You came to the right place if you wanted to chat with people about the games or who share the same interests as you. :)

Hope to see you around, and enjoy yourself!

Years
@Brickbusterx I am in my last year for my associate's degree in Application Development, and am really enjoying it.

@Gyardosamped: I am picking up my 3ds as well as black or white this month with my taxes. I have played a Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III game before, and am playing Pokemon Platinum now. I also currently restarted SoulSilver(my favorite game was Silver, my first Pokemon experience). I haven't played any of the black or white games, but I'll probably knock those out before October so I'll be caught up.

Which Version should I get first Pokemon Black or White?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
*Throws a Master Ball*
Hey there Jake, welcome to PokeCommunity. It's awesome to know that you've come back to Pokemon. All discussions about X and Y are right over here. So you're a programing student? I wanted to do that when I was a kid, but when I saw all the coding and what not, I gave up hehe. Perhaps you could head over to the Technology and the Internet forum and help out members like me who are incompetent.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or a moderator here. I hope you enjoy your time here at PokeCommunity.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
@Brickbusterx I am in my last year for my associate's degree in Application Development, and am really enjoying it.

@Gyardosamped: I am picking up my 3ds as well as black or white this month with my taxes. I have played a Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III game before, and am playing Pokemon Platinum now. I also currently restarted SoulSilver(my favorite game was Silver, my first Pokemon experience). I haven't played any of the black or white games, but I'll probably knock those out before October so I'll be caught up.

Which Version should I get first Pokemon Black or White?

Ah, so you've played through most of the generations. :p I'm currently playing Diamond, too, which is Platinum's predecessor. I love the Sinnoh region!

Soul Silver is among one of my favorite of the series, too! Kanto and Johto are unbeatable. :p

For me, Black and White were okay, but I preferred the sequel games that were made for B1/W1, which were Black 2 and White 2. You might want to try out Black/White first, though, before you move onto the sequels. There really is no difference between Black and White except for some specific Pokémon that can only be caught depending on the version or you have, and both games have some areas which are different depending on the game you choose. I bought Black 1, but it really doesn't matter which version you buy. :p

Riveria

Ocean Breeze and River Flow...
Years
Riveria used one Master Ball!
*Click*
Dah dah dahhh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh
Boop boop boop boop boop boop boop, boop boop boop boooop *Repeat*
Will you Nickname your new New Member?
"Yes"
Enter Nickname: Jake
---
(Roleplay)
Hello! I'm Riveria, champion of the Fernski region! :D Scale! Down girl! ... Sorry... Real bad... *Looks at stain*
---
Hi, I'm April, the 'real' person! (Riveria: HEY! D: ) I hope I get to see you soon... This is my first Pokémon forum too ;)

Back