• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alpha & Omega [Team Aqua & Magma Fanclub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
evilteamT002.png

Welcome to the combined fanclub for the antagonists of the Hoenn games. There are a few reasons why I've decided that having one fanclub for two teams is a good idea. One is that the individual clubs didn't do too well when they were around. Another is that Team Aqua and Magma kind of go hand-in-hand and it's pretty difficult to talk about one without invoking the other. But the main reason is fun. I think we can have quite a lot of fun with rivalries and in-fighting. There will hopefully be contests and energetic debates. But! There can not be actual hurtful insults and things flung around. There's a line between good-natured rivalry and actually hurting people and that should not be crossed. Since this type of thread has only been done once before and not for very long, we must be vigilant and show that we can have arguments without actually being mean.

Right! Now here's how this works. When go to make your very first post in this club, I'm going to want to know a few things. First of all, which team are you joining? Aqua or Magma? Once you join a team, you should be loyal to them. You should argue on their side of any debate and reflect their views in anything you say. You can change teams at any time, sure, but it is recommended that you stick with one.
Once you have chosen a team, you may apply for administrative position within that team. You will perhaps state the reason you desire such a position and why you would be a good choice. The current boss will review your application and may give you the position. There are three standard administrative positions in a team, two Admins and a Leader. The Leader may add more as they so desire.
Now that you've chosen a team, you will want to obtain a partner Pokémon. Your Pokémon will be given to you in its lowest stage of evolution. You may evolve this Pokémon through various means: be promoted, win some kind of event, do something cool, or win your boss's favor. Or you may choose not to evolve it. Whatever the case, you will want to have a Pokémon.
Here are the Pokémon you may choose from, along with the official sign-up form:

Aqua
041.gif
318.gif
341.gif
261.gif
Magma
261.gif
343.gif
322.gif
041.gif
Username:
Team:
Partner Pokémon:
Anything Else:

It is encouraged- nay, insisted upon- that you also submit actual content with your introductory post. Discussing the topic currently at hand in the thread is a good way to do this. To begin with, How do you think Aqua and Magma will differ in Alpha and Omega, if at all?

Now that you have completed your training, I will finalize your membership into this club by adding you and your partner Pokémon to the exciting list of members!
...Okay, it's not really that exciting. But look! You've made it here! Keep active and follow the rules, that's all I ask of you now.

Team Aqua
341.gif
Aquacorde [Leader]
318.gif
AscendaShogun
261.gif
Sheep
041.gif
MIAU
Team Magma
[Leader] Peitharchia
322.gif

Dragon_Trainer_
261.gif

Dragalge
343.gif

Absolus
261.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • AZ
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
Username: AscendaShogun
Team: AQUA
Partner Pokémon: Carvhana
Anything Else: I seem to be the first member? :o Anyways, I guess ill be short. I was introduced to Ruby in 03. My friend Pearce gave it to me. My bro got sapphire. Anyways, after the first 3 days of soft resetting the ♥♥♥♥ out of it for a shiny treeko to start with it i finally started. SO, fast forward a long ways. Dec 2013. Found my black SP. Boom, OG copy of Ruby still in. Plugged the SP in and found the games batt ran dry. Ok. 450+ hours logged! WTF! Full team of lvl 100s. And I never beat the elite 4 champ. Transferred the pokes over to my Diamond (after beating him) and then got the batt changed (resetting the game)
Just yesterday (from this posting date) Got a 3ds and Y so i can get the Omega Ruby! :D SO EXCITED!

"How do you think Aqua and Magma will differ in Alpha and Omega, if at all?"

I mean of course they'll be more vivid and such, they will probably be stronger with better pokes and more snide remarks ;) I loved the smartass comments.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ayyyyy. :D Nice intro~ One thing tho, partner Pokémon for this club are chosen from the four listed under your chosen team in the post. So no ghosties, unfortunately.

So you've been kinda with Ruby all your life but you're affiliated with Aqua? What makes you like them better?
And I'm totally looking forward to some better teams and them being entertaining again. <3 They were certainly fun~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ooh, great CSS, Anna!

Username: Peitharchia.
Team: Magma.
Partner Pokémon: Numel.

How do you think Aqua and Magma will differ in Alpha and Omega, if at all?
I think that they might be introducing new executives (or semi-leaders, so to speak) like how they did with Team Rocket in HeartGold and SoulSilver. :) Alongside, I'd really like it if they gave them a new set of outfits, especially for Team Magma. Although I do like the group, their clothes look a little childish; could definitely use some improvements.

Years
  • Age 28
  • AZ
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
Ayyyyy. :D Nice intro~ One thing tho, partner Pokémon for this club are chosen from the four listed under your chosen team in the post. So no ghosties, unfortunately.

So you've been kinda with Ruby all your life but you're affiliated with Aqua? What makes you like them better?
And I'm totally looking forward to some better teams and them being entertaining again. <3 They were certainly fun~

Alright ill go with my original choice of Carvhana. :p

And In ruby your "partner" team is Aqua. I liked them better because im a boat boy. :p I love the ocean and boats and such.

I think it would be cool as well to entertain the idea of "joining" the team or having the outfits available for purchase :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ooh, great CSS, Anna!

Username: Peitharchia.
Team: Magma.
Partner Pokémon: Numel.

I think that they might be introducing new executives (or semi-leaders, so to speak) like how they did with Team Rocket in HeartGold and SoulSilver. :) Alongside, I'd really like it if they gave them a new set of outfits, especially for Team Magma. Although I do like the group, their clothes look a little childish; could definitely use some improvements.
aw ty ;w; it was really quick tbh -v-; glad it looks okay~

So if they get an outfit redesign or alternative outfits, what kind of things would make it for you? Like what's the main issue you have with the current design lol
Alright ill go with my original choice of Carvhana. :p

And In ruby your "partner" team is Aqua. I liked them better because im a boat boy. :p I love the ocean and boats and such.

I think it would be cool as well to entertain the idea of "joining" the team or having the outfits available for purchase :)
Ah I suppose that makes sense. I kinda felt like I might have liked the team I saw more of/interacted with more but hey I started with Emerald so ???

I'd love love love to have the outfits available. I've always wanted to dress as an Aqua grunt because wow cute <333

Years
Username: Sheep
Team: Aqua~
Partner Pokémon:
261.gif

Anything Else: I'm shocked I hadn't seen this sooner. ^o^; Team Aqua and Magma are among some of my favorite villainous teams ever and I've always loved their designs. So excited for them making a return in OR/AS.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Username: Dragon_Trainer_
Team: Team Magma!
Partner Pokémon: Poocheyana
Anything Else: I'd like to add something funny I saw on Google images
It+was+planned+all+along_a65925_5130419.jpg

I think there will be no changes in the teams........ Not at all...... I love their styles.......!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: Miau
Team: Aqua
Partner Pokémon:
041.gif

Anything Else: This looks like fun, so of course I'm joining! I only ever played Emerald a while back, it was a nuzlocke attempt on an emulator on my phone and I failed miserably. I remember having a Crobat named Sapphire -- hence my choice of Zubat as my partner. So while I'm not that familiar with RSE, I'm joining in anticipation of ORAS!

I don't know what I want to be different. They'll probably be pursuing the same goals as in RSE, since I think the games are going to be remakes, I think? Design-wise, I guess they could do with some touch ups, but not complete redesigns, because I like their outfits.

Years
  • Age 28
  • AZ
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
This is starting to shape up nicely :) If you need any help running the group, idk how I can be of help but I will.

Years
Username: Dragalge
Team: Magma
Partner Pokémon: Baltoy
Anything Else: Magma ftw. I've always been a Sapphire kind of guy, and I'm going for Alpha Sapphire in the next games, so Aqua has always been the bad guys in my eyes.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
welcome to the club erryone <3
Username: Dragon_Trainer_
Team: Team Magma!
Partner Pokémon: Poocheyana
Anything Else: I'd like to add something funny I saw on Google images
It+was+planned+all+along_a65925_5130419.jpg

I think there will be no changes in the teams........ Not at all...... I love their styles.......!
dude how much would you bet that remakes have been planned since the beginning and the logos were designed with that in mind
~*~conspiracy~*~

Username: Miau
Team: Aqua
Partner Pokémon:
041.gif

Anything Else: This looks like fun, so of course I'm joining! I only ever played Emerald a while back, it was a nuzlocke attempt on an emulator on my phone and I failed miserably. I remember having a Crobat named Sapphire -- hence my choice of Zubat as my partner. So while I'm not that familiar with RSE, I'm joining in anticipation of ORAS!

I don't know what I want to be different. They'll probably be pursuing the same goals as in RSE, since I think the games are going to be remakes, I think? Design-wise, I guess they could do with some touch ups, but not complete redesigns, because I like their outfits.
yoooo nuzlockes are hard man. i'm doing one on ruby right now (cause i only ever played emerald and want to be able to compare) but i've lost two pokemon and i haven't even challenged roxanne yet -v-; what would you touch up about their designs? just kind of update the look of them or make some significant change?
This is starting to shape up nicely :) If you need any help running the group, idk how I can be of help but I will.
ayy ty i'm totally open to anyone and everyone promoting the club, coming up with topics, presenting ideas for contests, making banners and that, whatever. got an idea, go ahead and toss it in for discussion <3

Username: Dragalge
Team: Magma
Partner Pokémon: Baltoy
Anything Else: Magma ftw. I've always been a Sapphire kind of guy, and I'm going for Alpha Sapphire in the next games, so Aqua has always been the bad guys in my eyes.
see that's something i never really experienced- having one of the teams be on your side. i only ever played emerald and i just was more attached to aqua, but i love them both a lot. they were always both equally misguided and in my way lmao

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
yoooo nuzlockes are hard man. i'm doing one on ruby right now (cause i only ever played emerald and want to be able to compare) but i've lost two pokemon and i haven't even challenged roxanne yet -v-; what would you touch up about their designs? just kind of update the look of them or make some significant change?

Yeah, I can't remember where I got, I think it was past Norman, then I blacked out at some point. I just continued it as a semi-normal run, but I haven't gotten around to finish it. Good luck on your nuzlock on Ruby! And I wouldn't change much, they just need some polishing, you know? Last night I was listening to a villainous teams music compilation on youtube (link), and it showed all the designs side by side, and theirs look the most outdated (TR was using the HGSS art). Besides, I like the hoodies with the horns, and the pirate bandanas. And their outfits look less like a uniform that the others, and I like that too. It kinda fits with their crazy goals.

Oh, does the other team actually side with you in Ruby/Sapphire? Do they have a significant role in bringing down the villainous team of that version? I need to play some RS then!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, I can't remember where I got, I think it was past Norman, then I blacked out at some point. I just continued it as a semi-normal run, but I haven't gotten around to finish it. Good luck on your nuzlock on Ruby! And I wouldn't change much, they just need some polishing, you know? Last night I was listening to a villainous teams music compilation on youtube (link), and it showed all the designs side by side, and theirs look the most outdated (TR was using the HGSS art). Besides, I like the hoodies with the horns, and the pirate bandanas. And their outfits look less like a uniform that the others, and I like that too. It kinda fits with their crazy goals.

Oh, does the other team actually side with you in Ruby/Sapphire? Do they have a significant role in bringing down the villainous team of that version? I need to play some RS then!
Yeah you right. But maybe that's just the art rather than the designs?

apparently they do? idk i don't think they have a huge hand in helping out but they do show up and are against the opposing team

Years
  • Age 28
  • AZ
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
They help you out a lot. In Ruby youre helped by Aqua to get Groudon and defeat Magma vice versa for Sapphire. I believe Emerald theyre teamed up together...

Im playing through Y at the moment as the GBA player for GameCube is with my older brother.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Wait but what do you mean by "help"? Do they like, distract the other team while you do the important stuff? Do they battle with you? Tell you important info and give you stuff?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Sooo, did you guys see the leaks? We got new outfits. This... is going to take a bit to sink in {XD}

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/475307203243438080

Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think the redesigns are pretty interesting. Like, I think there're too many extra frills and stuff, especially on Aqua. Their outfits are just so very busy! I wasn't wanting this much of a redesign. But it's interesting because like, the Aquas have much more of a Pacific Islander look to them all, don't they? And the Magmas look more like Flare than ever. idk they look cool but gosh.

Maxie's glasses are dumb what a nerd and he gave up his cool coat too aw. Tabitha let himself go wth. Almost all the Magmas were inspired by Brendan's dumb pant pants. The Aqua leaders look like they can inflate parts of their clothes just in case. I don't think Archie's wearing anything under that jacket lmao. Shelly's hair being gone is a shame but I don't mind the style she's got now. Aqua grunts def look more pirate-y than they used to and I'm all for it. Magma grunts covering even more of themselves up but hey at least they have like, shirts instead of half-mantles.

fyi imma criticise all i want and break it down but i do like and totally accept these designs lol

Years
  • Age 28
  • AZ
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
Haha that was a great read that was....

How about the mega evos? ;)

Im digging swampert but im Sceptile till i die.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm more focused on our teams in this club tbh. I'm hoping they diversify their Pokémon still. And I wonder how much they'll change in personality if their designs have changed this much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back