• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
This file isn't a ips or ups... it's just a 'file'

There's no way to patch this file :<

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
I renamed it as UPS and patched using ups patcher and didn't work.

Input checksum failed. And how do I continue from the prev version's sav file?

Gosh I really love this game a lot and if I'd have to re-play everyth again :/

Last edited by a moderator:

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
I love this hack. I can't wait for more! :) I just about cried in the beginning! You are an excellent story-teller. This is such an innovative and creative way to think about pokemon. I love it! Keep it up!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Input checksum failed.

It means that the patch and the ROM are not compatible.
Note that there are different versions of a Ruby ROM.
Try and download the ROM from other sources.
And be mindful of viruses and other nasty stuff lying around in the internet.

how do I continue from the prev version's sav file?

rename the ROM the same as your .sav file.
Example, hello.sav, rename your ROM to hello.gba

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Do you even play the game? :/ bro i wouldn't state the obvious if i were you. And i did try the sav file method but it would corrupt the game as the new version has some edits from the boulders maze where i left off.

Years
Do you even play the game? :/ bro i wouldn't state the obvious if i were you. And i did try the sav file method but it would corrupt the game as the new version has some edits from the boulders maze where i left off.
You should have re started the hack as the previous release was just a pre- alpha which was just a sort of introduction thing

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

My apologies for trying to help, but as alienhunterx has stated, you are better off starting a new game.
If you do love the game so much, then I am certain that you won't mind so much of restarting.
The previous alpha was short anyway.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Awsome hack! Feels like a game from Rpg Maker.

.. Is there any way ro re-rename your party members? As I got Mjolnir and typed Mjlornir instead for its name. I tried to export the battery file with VBA and opening it with a hex editor and searching for the typo-named raichu's name.. no luck so far doing so.

Years
Awsome hack! Feels like a game from Rpg Maker.

.. Is there any way ro re-rename your party members? As I got Mjolnir and typed Mjlornir instead for its name. I tried to export the battery file with VBA and opening it with a hex editor and searching for the typo-named raichu's name.. no luck so far doing so.
Hats off for DestinedJaGold for backing me up ;)
As for your question well I am 100 % sure that you have no other option than to restart your game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Hats off for DestinedJaGold for backing me up ;)
As for your question well I am 100 % sure that you have no other option than to restart your game.

Then I rather continue to play with a typo Raichu and wait for the next version update before restarting :D The story is to interesting to restart due a misstyped nickname.

Anyway.. FF music fits, story is believable and well presented, ,, this hack is a GEM among hacks. Thank you author!

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2014
This seems interesting, like a blend of The normal pokemon games with mystery dungeon.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
I played the Alpha, the puzzle in Dream Realm is so hard lmao, but I finally managed to battle that Rowan. =P
Amazing graphic and storyline btw, the gameplay too, best of luck with this hack. =D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Minor update time!

Firstly, I've uploaded a new video. :) It's nothing terribly exciting, but it's a big deal for me, after all the setbacks and annoyances it took to get the thing to work in the first place. A new song! And not just any new song - it's a custom song, written by a dear friend of mine especially for Super Rising Thunder. Introducing Battle! Stranger Rowan!

And now you know why, in the Alpha release, this battle used the default RSE Rival theme. The custom song wasn't quite ready yet ^^'

In other minor news...

-You actually hear the cry of a Pichu during the intro now, rather than that of an Azurill
-There's a new swamp tileset! Also, the second part of the six-segment World Map is also now in the game and works beautifully.
-Finished a large cutscene script where the Hero has to wake up Pansy and Mjolnir, and we see the rest of Rowan and Ozymandias' one-sided conversation...also, there's a little bit more poetry!
-A single-target version of the Explosion Trap can now be encountered in dungeons. colcolstyles wrote the ASM for this a while back, but it's only now starting to show up within the game. Watch your step...
-A mini-game trap that will require the Rocks you win in battle in some way, but I haven't quite figured out the game's nature yet. Anything I can some up with seems very prone to save-state abuse ^^' Anyone have any ideas?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
This is amazing! I love the song! Does this mean another release is coming (at least fairly) soon?

I think every possible game is prone to savestate abuse. Just come up with something fun, and hope that few people cheat. If it requires rocks, I suggest a kind of board game.

Also, a question I forgot to ask a while back. Is there/will there be any point to the hoarder Pachirisu is the beginning? It feels like some kind of missed opportunity since you can't go back.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Lovely updates. ^^
And custom music is the best music anyone can offer. :3

...and that explosion trap... -,-
aw well~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back