• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you know?(Pokemon style)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Is it weird that i already knew that?

DYK that the anime was supposed to end after Kanto but continued due to popularity.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Yup, much like the Cell-Buu saga in Dragonball Z. :3

DYK that in the anime, Seaking was the only Pokemon Ash AND Misty owned, but were caught and released in the SAME episode?

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
No well tbh most pokemon didn't use moves related to their description/appearance back then

DYK that Gen 3 is the only Generation with two starters having the same base stat total and the third being different?

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2019
Course I did

Did you know that Pokemon have appeared on official currency ?

*Though I suspect nearly everyone knows this by now*

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I had no idea about that! :O

Did you know;

In the Japanese versions of Pokemon, the attack "Night Slash" is called "Blade Testing". This is a reference to an old practice that some immoral samurai held to test their new swords. They would wait alongside a road at night for a random passer-by, then attack them with the intention to kill. Night slash also has a higher than average critical hit rate, which could be another nod to the story, as the passer-by would be defenseless.

Credits: http://didyouknowgaming.com/

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
No, I did not know that.

Did you know Ash's starter were supposed to be a Clefairy but then they changed it to Pikachu?

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I had no idea! :O

Did you know;

A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimiced Me First used on a slower Pokemon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckles partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 15th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2019
How do you use rollout on a Yanma o.O
And that's an impressive amount of damage *whistles*

Did you know that in the japanese version, sefldestruct was called suicide bombing ?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Nope didn't know that.

Did you know that in Gen 1 games there is a glitch that allows you to warp into the Hall of fame without having any badges?

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2019
That's news to me !!
What glitch o.O !!!

Do you know that Water has been paired with all types except for Fire. This means it has been paired with the highest number of types, tied with the Flying type.

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
nope did not know that

Did you know that in some games Nosepass couldnt be traded without being nicknamed because it contained a effencive word at the end off its name

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Nope, I didn't know that.

Did you know that although the white on Brendan's head looks like hair, Ken Sugimori stated that it's a knit hat and his hair is black?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
no I did not know that. :o

Did you know that in an interview with G4, Metal Gear Solid series creator Hideo Kojima noted Ditto as his favorite Pokémon. ^_^ same as me

Back