• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
D :, Why not Mewtwo into Beta6, its a too patetic pokemon, really you must give it into Beta 2 =), for example in this beta 6 u must give to Deoxys (which kick mewtwo's ass )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah! almost forgot, the translating its stopped into Celadon city, thats is boring me =(, well Carlitos XDDDD Be carefull.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2009
hey zel, well i'm new here, first post but i know you more that you think,and i visit this site more than you think too, but if you need any help, i'm disposed, you'll see i'm a graphic artist, my avatar i drew it myself. X)

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Well, I believe (not sure) that in the original Gold he came back every Fryday, even if you alredy captured one. And if not, WTF let it be, it's a good bug, let's focus on the bad ones :)

Well, as we all know, Fire Red does not have a clock. Programming one in would be pretty near impossible, if not completely. So, to my knowledge, Zel simply replaced time events with "step events", or when a random (or potentially set, I dunno) number of steps needs to be taken for the event to begin again. So, let's say it's a set variable of, I dunno, 1,000 steps for a Lapras. 1,000 steps later, there's your Lapras. I dunno if that's exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure it's a good general mindset.

Alexandraker said:
I can't play it!!!Helpppp!!!

Did you perhaps check the thread labled, " [Important] Before PLAYING a hack"? Because that might help you out just a bit.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Lapras use the same time-based script the barry trees use, kurt uses, etc.
I think it uses the gameplay time, not steps.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I think it's every ten minutes, but I can't be sure. I think iut may fluctuate a bit occasionally but that seems rather unlikely.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
what is pokemon shiny gold?
thats mean all pokemons are shiny?

didnt u read the very first Page of this Thread??

let me tell u about it.
Pokemon Shiny is a Rom Hack Of Pokemon fireRed and in the same time its a Remake Of the Old Game Pokemon Gold. Unlike Pokemon Gold. Pokemon Shiny Gold have much more events than pokemon gold. also Celebi Event is Included and its Easier than in Pokemon gold.

P.S
i think this was ur first post. why dont u introduce urself in New Users Section? Nervous?? no need to be Nervous. everyone here are good to new users

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Well, as we all know, Fire Red does not have a clock. Programming one in would be pretty near impossible, if not completely. So, to my knowledge, Zel simply replaced time events with "step events", or when a random (or potentially set, I dunno) number of steps needs to be taken for the event to begin again. So, let's say it's a set variable of, I dunno, 1,000 steps for a Lapras. 1,000 steps later, there's your Lapras. I dunno if that's exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure it's a good general mindset.
>_> I know that... I was simply reminding that it's a time event, not a one-time one...

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Oh. I dunno how it works, to be honest. I was just taking a wild guess. I didn't know you could use ingame time to measure something, but hey, I'm not a hacker yet. I guess the important thing is that it's recurring and doesn't take too long to happen again.

JJK said:
>_> I know that... I was simply reminding that it's a time event, not a one-time one...

Oh, I know. I was just kinda elaborating. I don't think it's a bug either though; it'd be downright impossible to incorporate any sense of a clock into a Fire Red/Leaf Green game, so I think it's happening just the way Zel wants it.

Wenrare

Bringer of Destruction
Years
*CRIES* For some reason i cant carry over my save from beta 4 over... and even when i hit start for beta 5, the ROM IMAGE CRASHES!?!? WTF I CANT SAVE, USE ITEMS, OR SWITCH POKEMON!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
*CRIES* For some reason i cant carry over my save from beta 4 over... and even when i hit start for beta 5, the ROM IMAGE CRASHES!?!? WTF I CANT SAVE, USE ITEMS, OR SWITCH POKEMON!
Just DON'T. I know it's frustrating, but you'll have to start over. Also, ask this kind of questions in the help thread - the link is on the 1st page.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
:( hmmmm im having trobles playing it

i aplied the patch on it id after the intro after choosing your name it just turns black and i cant do anything... can some one help me?

i REALLY waNT TO PLAY THIs GAME

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Yes i did

So i did your idea JJK and even when i hit new game on beta 5 and press start the rom image crashes! A FRIGGIN FATAL ERROR!

The only problems I can think of are;

1) You tried to patch over your old Shiny Gold ROM, which is not good. You need to use a fresh, untouched Fire Red ROM for the game to work properly.

2) The ROM you used for the patching was bad. Try downloading it from a different source, or try reuploading it if you were using a cable.

3) I have no idea why this would be it, but did you use the 128k save format? I would think so, and I don't know why it would cause it to do that, but give it a shot.

You could always try restarting your computer, too. That used to work for me when I used to have troubles like that.

Also, as previously stated, you cannot reuse your old save from an old beta. That's something you pretty much agreed to when you downloaded the beta, although maybe Zel should include that in the introduction just to get the point across. XP

Wenrare

Bringer of Destruction
Years
The only problems I can think of are;

1) You tried to patch over your old Shiny Gold ROM, which is not good. You need to use a fresh, untouched Fire Red ROM for the game to work properly.

2) The ROM you used for the patching was bad. Try downloading it from a different source, or try reuploading it if you were using a cable.

3) I have no idea why this would be it, but did you use the 128k save format? I would think so, and I don't know why it would cause it to do that, but give it a shot.

You could always try restarting your computer, too. That used to work for me when I used to have troubles like that.

Also, as previously stated, you cannot reuse your old save from an old beta. That's something you pretty much agreed to when you downloaded the beta, although maybe Zel should include that in the introduction just to get the point across. XP

1) No, look at my answer to 2) --> 2) No, I have been using the same Fire Red game, copying it, and then patching the hacks i download, this is the only hack thats done this to me! 3) Yep, thats why i could play it in beta 4!

Oh and i restarted my computer yesterday! I also tried to play Shiny Gold yesterday!

Back