• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any disappointments so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The game have only just been announced and we have only seen one trailer yes, but, is there anything that you feel disappointed with so far?

For example, I've been a little 'iffy' about the new male protagonist's design since he looks... an awful lot like Hilbert.

I expect that more disappointments will appear over time as more news comes out… so maybe come back here to rant about those, too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
So far my only disappointments are some of the complaints that people have...of course, people have a right to not like what they want, but some of the complaints I'm really just not getting. Like, I really don't think the male protagonist looks like Hilbert at all, and the same goes for Chespin and Oshawott. And does it really matter that the games are named X and Y?

The game itself really hasn't presented anything for me to be disappointed about, and I hope it stays that way!

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
My only real complaints are the Male Protagonist, and the overworld on what i'm assuming is Route 3. The other overworlds look really pretty so far, but Route 3 seems sort of.. fake..

Also I'm a bit upset that they showed the starters so early. My favorite part is always the fanart of what the silhouettes might be.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not fond of the male protagonist either, Shawn. He does look like Hubert and Nate. :( ...Nate was B2W2 male right? lmao

Anyway, not a disappointment per se, but it's hard for me to adjust to the 3D models instead of the 2D sprites. And the way the battles are animated. There's so much going on and idk. It's just strange, but I got used to plenty of "strange" things in generations past, surely I can adjust to what is just beyond the horizon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Aside from not seeing a remake of Gen III, nope.

No disappointments.

only thing i'm ticked about is i can't walk with my pokemon again

Well, okay this too.

But the starters are the weirdest ones yet.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
So far I only have one,
The character designs sucks,I think they're designs were rushed.
They're even worse than the other protagonists,even worse than Nate despite that hair.
But idc about character designs or whatever,I just want to enjoy the game.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
So far everything looks pretty good. Nothing to be disappointing about yet really. Only thing is the male protagonist in the overworld seems kinda weird...Idk gotta look back at the trailer.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
For now, I just see the game is still in development and that they're trying to jump from 2d to 3d to adapt to the 3ds; but everything looks interesting so far.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, What I have to say echos the others here: mediocre design. Don't really like the starters.. they are missing that old charm that the originals had.. if only they went back and took some elements from that style..

004.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
There isn't a whole lot to be able to be disappointed over really since it was just one trailer.

That said....I really like the new pokemon so that's off to a great start, I like the idea of the region being based off France/Paris, I really like how the battles and pokemon models look.

The only thing I'm feeling iffy on and others have mentioned it too is the overworld doesn't look that good. I think I'd live with it but it could be a lot better. On the topic of the overworld, maybe it's just me but it seems extra strange seeing npcs just standing there looking straight ahead now....they look more like lifeless dolls now that they're no longer sprites.

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
the male protagonist looks kinda like a girl, but i think characters are customizable.
Oh and I absolutely hate froakie, that thing is as ugly is F***. And the characters are all small. They should be like in pokemon xd gale of darkness/collessuem... And the pokemon seem to fake...I don't know, it kinda looks like some fakemon someone made...
But you know, this is a very early trailer, and things are likely to change, the graphics will improve, hopefully all the things we don't like will improve...
Who knows maybe nintendo is reading the feedback they get, and will consider it, to appeal to all audiences... One more thing
Pokemon x and y?? seriously?? whats next? pokemon square and circle??

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
My disappointment so far are the legendaries. Why did they have to exaggerate them so much. I mean, look at the Deer's antlers?! And the size of the Bird's wings and tail? I'll get over it, just like I did with my disappointment with Samurott and Kyurem xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I've got quite a few to be honest. One being the OW graphics. They're shaggy and seriously lack in detail. (I know there's still 10 months for the developers to improve them, but as of now, they're really off-putting). Another one being the protagonist. I feel the male protag looks like Hilbert far too much, while the female protag looks like Pokemon Trainer Leaf far too much. I also don't really like the look of the Elk Legendary. It looks too much like a cross between Virizion, Dialga, Stantler and Sawsbuck.

Years
I've got quite a few to be honest. One being the OW graphics. They're shaggy and seriously lack in detail. (I know there's still 10 months for the developers to improve them, but as of now, they're really off-putting). Another one being the protagonist. I feel the male protag looks like Hilbert far too much, while the female protag looks like Pokemon Trainer Leaf far too much. I also don't really like the look of the Elk Legendary. It looks too much like a cross between Virizion, Dialga, Stantler and Sawsbuck.
These are basically the exact same feelings I have towards what I've seen so far. Granted, we've seen basically nothing compared to what we'll find out between now and October, so I'll try to remain optimistic about what's to come.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Honestly? My complaint is the switch to 3D.

Yes, graphics, et cetera, but the obsession with improved graphics has been damaging the integrity of games since the latest generation; sacrificing things like story, actual graphics design, and, worst of all, actual gameplay to make room for lens flare and uber-realistic textures.

There are lots of ways the Pokemon games could improve, but the one chosen was...graphics. Now, maybe they're improving on other things in Generation VI, but the fact that 3D has been showcased doesn't bode well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back