• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caves

Do you like the caves?

• I hate caves. >:C

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I love caves because I'm a weirdo. =D

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

HAJIME

so's your face
Years
I hate caves.

Anyone else hate caves?

I wouldn't mind so much if each game just had the one. But they all feel the same, have the same boring Pokemon and go on for what feels like ever. I dread the caves in every game.

Detox

Nope,caught my first shiny steelix there,and half the legendaries are in caves,soooo.....

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
Years
I actually enjoy caves, sometimes you see alot of the same Pokemon in there but then there is always that one rare one.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
Years
they should make something new... like theres ruins, forests, caves, routes... but maybe a jungle lol. Like a big forest, but its not exactly closed in and theres water, rivers and stuff

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't like the Rock Tunnel. D: I very rarely use Flash, in battle on in field, because I've memorized the caves so well, but even still, back in the day, caves were the most annoying thing ever.

In RBY you can kinda see the walls, which is okay. I manage.

GSC, however, I can't see squat. They decided to make it pitch black. >.<

RSE, I love that the have a circle of light. I've never used Flash inside the Dewford Cave. I go straight there and take Steven the letter. I wouldn't dream of trying to take on Brawly without going through this cave and getting some training done.

For DP, there aren't really a lot of caves, just Mt. Coronet, and there's no Flash since we now have DeFog. I don't really use DeFog a lot, either. On my DP challenge, I used it, but that might've only been the second time I've ever used it, and it was on an HM slave Starly anyway.

Detox

they should make something new... like theres ruins, forests, caves, routes... but maybe a jungle lol. Like a big forest, but its not exactly closed in and theres water, rivers and stuff

A jungle? how would that work,like viridian forest?

Azonic

hello friends
Years
They should make a forest in the sky.

I love caves, actually. The only thing I hate about caves is that you have to use Flash. >>; Sure, they all feel the same, but without caves the majority of the legendary Pokemon would not exist.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2008
Well, I am definitely no fan of caves because it always seems like you have to have a HM just to get through one. Victory Road, I hate it because I will never teach any of my good pokemon HMs just to get through to the pokemon league. Also, I have noticed that I only train pokemon I will use to get to the pokemon league and all my other pokemon that I teach HMs are levels 20-30 and my elite four pokemon are levels 40-60. So I hate caves too.

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
I hate caves, but they can be useful. I hate Flash {Rock Tunnel DX) but I don't mind a nice simple cave like Mt. Moon.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
Yes, I actually like the caves in the pokemon games, but only the ones with pitch dark and then it gets even more funner. lol ;]

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
i kinda like caves they're full of good pokemon but they are easy to get lost in.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2011
Caves present a challenge, and provide a sense of accomplishment when completed. Plus, there are too many cave-only Pokemon to warrant there being fewer caves in one game.

Years
I hated them in R/B/Y cuz when I was younger I didnt know where u can get Flash and I always wandered in these stupid Rock Cave around ><
The Zubats and Geodudes were also annoying there.
But today I don't hate caves any more cuz there's more light in there.

Detox

Hate em, but they shouldn't get rid of them in the least. Just make it so you run into wild pokemon WAY less, and run into things OTHER than Zubat/Golbat and Geodude/Graveller.

Dont forget Onix and Steelix

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
Years
Caves are the only reason I don't like restating my games, I always think "oh I don't think I could go through that again!" I always get lost, end up using a walkthrough.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Caves aren't that bad, but they get annoying when you have to go through extremely long ones that require several HM's (VICTORY ROAD).

I also hate cave Pokemon. I never use the Pokemon I catch in caves. Sometimes I get frustrated and just throw Pokeballs at wild Zubats and fill my PC, only to release them later.

HAJIME

so's your face
Years
I'd just like to see some variation!

I can't help feel there is no effort going in anymore. Everything looks the same, sounds the same. Blahblahblahsame.

A legendary in an unusual place. ornolegendariesatallwouldsuitmefine

Back