• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Wow...I knew this hack was going to be amazing, but you seriously coded a blackjack game into it? Can I build a chapel and start worshiping you yet? o____o

Everything looks great so far man! Can't wait to play the next beta~ Dr. Fuji officially = my hero. <3

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
Is it possible that there is a fix for following prof oak? Because i follow him and then he just dissapears... Any suggestions?

Tried the fix in the text included in the rar... doesn't work... Bummer for me i guess :p... Hope this gets fixed soon :D Keep it up!

I have patched multiple versions of firered. But nothing helps :(. I want to play this game so hard!

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I'm not sure how I haven't heard of this, but based on those screenshots, this looks to be one of the greatest Pokémon ROM hacks I have ever seen. The battle backgrounds, the overworld sprites, you name it! It truly looks phenomenal and I'd like to wish you the best of luck with it, because I am dying to play a full version more-so than with any other hack.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I can't seem to save the game using the native save option. I get an error saying 'Please exchange the backup memory'. I am aware that this can be fixed on VBA but I cannot change the save type since I am using gpSPhone (a GBA emulator for the iPhone). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I have tried repatching the ROM, and using a different ROM but to no avail.

EDIT: I deleted my save, the ROM and my save state and started again with a repatched ROM but it still has the error when saving. It says it needs to overwrite another file but there aren't any other save files in the folder.

EDIT2: I tried patching the patched ROM with the SRAM patcher in GBATA, and the saves are still 64k, but the game gets stuck on 'Saving... DON't Turn Off THE POWER'. I really have no idea what's going wrong here, and I'd really appreciate if someone could help! All my other games are working fine (Crystal Dust, Expert Emerald, Light Platinum etc.) and have 128k save files.

Last edited:

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
Anxiously waiting for an update so i can continue playing :D Cuz prof oak is messing with me in the game :p He goes into the house and plays hide and seek... And he's pretty damn good at it cuz i can't seem to find him :p...

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Yep, this hack is still being worked on, but I've been taking a break due to university, experimenting with other projects and just being busy in general.

I'll reopen this thread once I have more progress to show :3

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
So after what seems to be an eternity, I'm back and working on Lilac at a decent pace. My extremely sporadic update schedule shall continue from this post out for a minuscule decent length of time :D

Anyway, to kick this thread back off, have screenshot of a very important place in Lilac's story... The warehouses of Harmond City docks.

DockWarehouse.png

So what if I'm a miser? Sue me.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Welcome back. :) This will personally be my first glimpse at this project.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm. This is a moderator's hack. I know that doesn't suggest quality necessarily, but I'll have to add this to my list, perhaps. I might have avoided it before due to my distaste of "Fakémon", which 4th and 5th gen. are in most of these hacks.

But yeah, are you still working on this? Obviously whether the thread stays open or closed might be an answer. ;)

Cyclone

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hmm. This is a moderator's hack. I know that doesn't suggest quality necessarily, but I'll have to add this to my list, perhaps. I might have avoided it before due to my distaste of "Fakémon", which 4th and 5th gen. are in most of these hacks.

But yeah, are you still working on this? Obviously whether the thread stays open or closed might be an answer. ;)

Cyclone
I had played this sometime before (been months really), and didn't got extremely excited about it. However, I think Lilac exceeds the quality of many other hacks around and deserves way more credit than it does.

Ignoring this one and rather playing some other bad edit which includes the original pokemon in it would be just silly.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Ignoring this one and rather playing some other bad edit which includes the original pokemon in it would be just silly.
Did you just imply that playing a hack with the same 386 Pokémon in it would be "silly"?

Cyclone

Back