• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Did anyone get stuck solving the regi trio first time?

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
Years
When you first played the game did anyone have any problems? like me trying to find the cave to unlock the regi, or trying to find a relicanth, also for the life of me I did not no where regice was.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
the hardest part for me was the relicanth, I was exploitative so I found the islands before the underwater cave.

Sirfetch’d

I got stuck at the Regis and I still do even after 20+playthroughs. I still have to google my way to do it, haha.

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
I can't do the Regi's without a guide for crap, though that's less of the puzzles, and more of the fact that they expect you to read braille.

On a screen.

Kyros

Watching carefully
Years
Choosing a starter. I'll sit there for 30 mins trying to decide. Also I always have a problem catching any of the regi's. Just like I do with the birds in Kanto.

Years
No, I first read a guide to know how to tackle them all. My only problem came when I was hunting for the relicanth (thanks to it's low encounter rate) as well as catching Regirock ( It gave me almost 13 resets)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I never new of the Regis until I went to school that holidays so I lready had a relicanth. Found him really easy and I had a wailord but that was because they looked epic

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
Years
The first time I read the braille, I didn't know what it was so I didn't touch that part of the game. I was 8 I think when I got Sapphire lol. The second time I played through it, I translated the braille by letter using a guide. After that, I gave up and looked it up online.

I can faintly remember what do but I can never remember which one to do for each and the exact details of it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
When I was solving the puzzles, I'd just learnt about Braille as part of Physics class, so yes, I just hit up Braille on the internet and decoded them all.

It was fun solving them.

Years
I couldn't figure it out for the love of my life before I searched Google for it. Placement of Wailord and Relicant differs between the games, too, though that can be done with trial and error.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The first time I first learned about the puzzle of the trio, I never got stuck because I followed a guide made by Chuggaaconroy (LP'er on Youtube). And thanks to him, I never got stuck because he explained in full details what to do every time. Although it took me lodas of time to find a Relicanth.. around 3 hours? While it took me at least 15 minutes to get the Wailord.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The first time I did it, I had a guide that I followed. But every subsequent time, I got stuck inside the caverns, using random Flys and Cuts at like every square haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
On my first playthrough I found the cave by mere accident. Also I remember trying to solve the puzzle to get to Regice in my Sapphire until suddenly the door simply opened xD

But since my battery died I can't get to him anymore...stupid clock events

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I just really struggled with navigating Route 132 etc. to get to the Dive spot. Everything else was okay. As a kid I like solving the puzzle with Braille, made me feel like a genius xD. Now it's probably going to irritate me (literally just caught a Relicanth to go with my Wailord).

Back