• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Alright a bit late to post this (a day and a half to be precise), BUT I GOT A SHINY SPINARAK!!!! :D
It took me only 165 eggs. Here he is:
DSC05409-1.jpg

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hi everyone. just paying a visit to see how things are going and to let you all know I'm fine and enjoying playing/hunting like always.

to abhi123: Congrats on the spinarak, are you planing to evolve it to the purple ariados?

To Latios Master: forgot you were hatching litwicks, sorry for getting mine first; good luck with axew

Anyone has a target for december, ice type to be more precise.

Well cya next time.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
To Latios Master: forgot you were hatching litwicks, sorry for getting mine first; good luck with axew

Thanks. There's no need to feel sorry. I plan on hatching Piplup for Christmas. He's not an Ice-type, but he looks like he should be. I'm also considering Cubchoo and Cryogonal.

Congrats on the shiny Spinarak, abhi123! That's a cool shiny.

This week's random hunt is... Whismur!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hey, just thought I'd drop by and say how my hunt's going so far. I've made it to 2,180 Charmander (which is just above the average for a Masuda shiny in generation four) and I took a break for a couple of days. Obviously, I need to get back to it or else I'll get lazy and wait months again.

@Chr. Draco: Congrats on the Litwick :D
@abhi123: Congrats on the Spinarak! I've always loved its shiny form. I may go after it myself some time.
@Latios Master: I hope you get Litwick soon after you go back to hatching them. I feel your pain xD

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Can I join?
I've got a: Shiny random encountered Ekans, Budew and Mighteyena.
I lost: A shiny hairyama it used whirlwind.
I am hunting:
Shiny Game Corner Abra- currently at 420 pokemon
Shiny Charmander- currently at 15 SR's (not long started)
Shiny Masuda method Pidgey- currently at 40 eggs

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Congrats on the shiny Spinarak, abhi123! That's a cool shiny.

@abhi123: Congrats on the Spinarak! I've always loved its shiny form. I may go after it myself some time.

Congrats on the spinarak, are you planing to evolve it to the purple ariados?

Thanks everyone!
@Chr. Draco: I'll mostly be keeping spinarak as he is. Gotta love that blue color :D And gratz to you for stunfisk and litwick too!

@Latios Master: Good luck to you for litwick :)

DarkBreloom

Wesker Hater
Years
Hey guys I own a shiny masquerain,gardevoir,swampert(don't like)and an absol

I hunting a shiny voltorb next cuz the last one i found used selfdestruct.
:(

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, Spritingyoshi22, and DarkBreloom!

@NightOfRemorse: Thanks. Good luck on your Charmander hunt.

@abhi123: Thanks.

I finally got an Axew with the right IVs. It took the full month, from 11/1-11/30. I have three more members of my team to hatch, as well as four additional Pokémon I want to have IV bred, none of which will be MMed. It may be awhile before I MM again. Hopefully it won't take long.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
@G-Money I think I'm gonna start off with Zapdos now lol, since It would be faster in my opinion.

Haha, alright. Good luck with Zapdos, then! :)

I GOT A SHINY SPINARAK!!!! :D

Congrats!! I never knew they looked like that - awesome!!

Hey, just thought I'd drop by and say how my hunt's going so far. I've made it to 2,180 Charmander

Keep going; you'll get it soon! ;)

Can I join?

Certainly! I'm sorry to hear about the Hariyama. :( Good luck on your current hunts!

Hey guys I own a shiny masquerain,gardevoir,swampert(don't like)and an absol

I hunting a shiny voltorb next cuz the last one i found used selfdestruct.
:(

Not another lost shiny! Claim your vengeance on that Voltorb!!! (And welcome to the club!)

Yes!! Behold the December Quest:

1) Catch an Ice-type shiny.
2) Catch an Ice-type shiny.
3) Catch a Winter Holiday-related shiny (i.e., Delibird or Abomasnow).
4) ???
5) PROFIT

That's right - catch/hatch/SR any two Ice-type shinies, and then get a shiny for the Winter Holidays! You'll get to explain why your shiny is relevant. :)

No chaining or trading to get shinies so that it'll be fair to everyone.

Good luck to all! If you have any suggestions/feedback, please post it!

The December Quest will last until 1:00 AM EST on January 1st, 2012.

DarkBreloom

Wesker Hater
Years
I am hunting in new mauville now and im going crazy but my shiny masquerain makes me happy

found shiny magneton!! whoooooooooooo! still want voltorb *bangs head one table*

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
I have no chance in the December hunt, but I'll give it a go if I'm not too busy.
Haven't done any hunting in a while though...think I'm losing interest...

G-Money

Years
found shiny magneton!!

Wow, congratulations!! Talk about luck! I also got a shiny within a day of joining, so this is a very good omen. ;)

adding to the list of ones i cuaght myself, do ones you traded count?

Well, yes. There isn't really any "counting" anymore, since the upcoming database will categorize shinies by the method with which they were obtained. So the shinies you got via trade will count under the "Traded Shinies" column but not under the SRed shinies.

I have no chance in the December hunt, but I'll give it a go if I'm not too busy.
Haven't done any hunting in a while though...think I'm losing interest...

Don't think that way! Of course you have a chance - you could encounter three consecutive shinies, and you'd have completed the quest in under 5 minutes! The best way to explain it is:

Give it your best shot dude you cant ever go wrong trying!

^^

But if you're losing interest, don't force yourself to do it. Rule #8 of the club is to have fun, and if you're not having fun, you get banned from the club it's not as enjoyable to hunt. :( Sometimes a week break or something can reignite interest.

Even if you get one shiny, you can call it a successful month. Any shiny is good! *considers November a good month because he got a shiny*

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
well, i havent been line jumping here in a while, mainly due to the fact that GPX had a site wide shiny hunt for three different pokes (of which i lost, friggen Totodile......) so i wasnt really all that hunting much. Smeargle is at a measly 2000 encounters, and i try to do 500 encounters a day, and Charmander is not really shining right now (doubt he will for a while), as i only hunt for him when im at bowling league. i found out that i can do at least 5 resets per frame, and we do three games. Ill get back into shiny hunting more. also, College ends for me in two weeks. YAY!!!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Congrats on your magneton darkbreloom; now that you got a black shiny you need now a shiny breloom and you're complete, you know black magneton + breloom = Darkbreloom.

To fireworks: take it easy, the point of this is to enjoy playing and finding interesting stuff, I fullfilled my goal in black and now I'm thinking of just training and finding cool stuff in the way, including shinies, I repeat, the point is enjoy everything you do.

DarkBreloom

Wesker Hater
Years
LOL and thanx I Have A Traded Shiny shroomish but i didnt know it counted.

One more thing, my freind has a black scizor an d he wants my swampert for it. Good idea?

G-Money

Years
LOL and thanx I Have A Traded Shiny shroomish but i didnt know it counted.

One more thing, my freind has a black scizor an d he wants my swampert for it. Good idea?

Personally, I wouldn't do it. It's up to you, but I find shinies I've caught myself to be infinitely more valuable than shinies other people have. All the fun is in the hunt, and your shinies are living proof that you had a successful hunt/got really lucky! Shinies I didn't catch myself don't mean anything to me, and that's why I always turn down offers whenever someone else offers me their shinies.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Congratz on your Magneton DarkBreloom and personally i don't think it's a good idea to obtain a shiny via trading because you don't really get the feeling you would if you were to find your own shiny.

Back