• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite soundtrack in a Pokemon game?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Main games, spin-offs, remakes, user-created content, etc... Which game had your favorite soundtrack? You can also refer to a set of games (e.g. Mystery Dungeon), a generation, or a single game.

My favorite soundtrack belongs easily to the Fourth Generation. Good lord did this gen have some of the best music ever. D/P/Pt had some awesome music. Had many calm, ambient tunes and just overall a lot of character... HG/SS music was just... The original Gen 2 music was already great. Playing HG/SS had an overpowering feel of nostalgia mostly in the music. I don't care what others say, the people that hate the music and say the originals were always the best, in my opinion, the remakes were just as awesome if not better...

Last edited:

PokeBunny

Pokemon Game Maker
Years
Some cave music in 3rd gen. are cool. But I played those games 3 years ago.
All I remember is e e ooooo e e.

Pokemon GSC where not bad. I play Gold alot so I like most of the music.
I heard before the champion DPP. It was awesome. HGSS's tower music could be a bit better.

FireRed LG. Getting items where cool. 3rd gen. GYM music is good. I haven't heard GYM music for gen 1,4,5. BW legendary Pokemon battle stinks. It doesn't follow Pokemon game music for battles.

Years
HeartGold/SoulSilver has to have my favorite music out of all the games. GSC used to be at the top of my list, but the remixed versions of different themes makes it that much better (plus, I can always use the GB Sounds to go back and listen to the originals).

TheAmazingTaco

Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo
Years
Despite the newer games having a more fancy tone to their theme songs for towns; I still have to say my most favorite has to be the super-classic. Red/Blue/Yellow games. I don't know why but their theme songs are just so catchy for me. Probably because that's what I grew up with~ Viridian City's original-upbeat theme will forever be in my memory. Next would have to be one of the routes in Ruby/Sapphire. So upbeat!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Mystery Dungeon destroys any musical competition. All of it fits the environments perfectly and gets stuck in my head xD

For the main games, I'd say... well I never payed much attention to the main game music, but I'll say B/W for Iccirus and Oppelucid city, among others (sorry if I spelled them wrong).

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
HGSS had some beastly music, Lance and Red's theme,Kanto trainer, Lugia, the music is just amazing :D! Diamond and Pearl also had some good ones, like Dialga and Palkia's theme.

Golden Kirby

New hacker
Years
Defiantly the mystery dungeon games. Whilst i liked the music from the mainstream games i think the soundtrack in Sky blows away the competition

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
B/W 2 has my favorite soundtrack. It has a pretty awesome soundtrack without counting the tournament songs. With the tournament songs, it's even more awesome. Too bad they didn't use B/W's rival theme as Cheren and Bel's tournament theme.

Years
My favorite soundtrack is definitely Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It's definitely good, but due to nostalgia I just can't enjoy any other Pokemon music as much as them. My favorite Pokemon song ever is definitely the Red/Blue/Yellow champion's theme (last rival battle).

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
My favorite soundtrack is definitely Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It's definitely good, but due to nostalgia I just can't enjoy any other Pokemon music as much as them. My favorite Pokemon song ever is definitely the Red/Blue/Yellow champion's theme (last rival battle).

It's the same for me, though I am not sure what my favorite theme would be... tough to choose. I really like the Rival Appears Theme, Pallet Town, and of course Lavender Town. Road to Cerulean is also very good. I love the original music, and it's amazing how little they had to work with and the sound they were able to create despite that

Mistyb89

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
It's the same for me, though I am not sure what my favorite theme would be... tough to choose. I really like the Rival Appears Theme, Pallet Town, and of course Lavender Town. Road to Cerulean is also very good. I love the original music, and it's amazing how little they had to work with and the sound they were able to create despite that

I would have to agree too that the classics had the best soundtrack. I loved all of those especially pallet town. Also professor Oak's gym theme. *Sigh* brings back memories. I also owned pokemon gold and crystal. I'm a fan of the Goldenrod city theme, especially during the night. :) I liked it so much when i was younger that I learned how to play it on the piano:) haha

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
GSC had the best soundtrack from all the Pokèmon games. The tin tower music, Red Battle Music and legendary dog encounter music (Crystal only). Btw I was playing LeafGreen and I realized that the seventh island's music was a remixed version of Olivine City and violet city.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
GSC had the best soundtrack from all the Pokèmon games. The tin tower music, Red Battle Music and legendary dog encounter music (Crystal only). Btw I was playing LeafGreen and I realized that the seventh island's music was a remixed version of Olivine City and violet city.

Omg my platinum team is exactly the same :O

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
To me all of the 4th Gen games had the best music. Especially Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, those tunes really stuck to me!
HeartGold/SoulSilver also have a great soundtrack, with my favorites coming from Kanto. They were all great remixes over the original versions.

My favorite one from HeartGold:

Favorite from Platinum:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
4th gen had the best music for me tbh, particularly the music against Cynthia in Platinum definitely stands out for me along with the background theme for the Distortion World as well.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Definitely HeartGold and SoulSilver. That soundtrack is mesmerising. The National Park theme blew me away when I first heard it. Viridian Forest, Route 26/27, Route 38/39 and Cinnabar Island are some of my favourites, too. And Celadon City/Fushia City's theme was incredibly remade! Those major 7 chords are implemented fantastically. It gives it such a dreamy atmosphere.

The recreation of the GSC soundtrack is just overall fantastic, and GSC had some of the best melodies and harmonic progressions I've ever heard in a video game's music.

GSC/HGSS has the best video game soundtrack of all time, in my opinion, along with Super Mario Bros. 3 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Years
My favorite soundtrack? (I´ve got 4 :D)
mostly from R/S/E and they´re
-Abandoned ship/ Faraway island/ Southern island
-Meteor falls/ Cave of origin
-Elite 4 battle music
But D/P/Pt have some good soundtracks too (for example: Victroy road)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The soundtrack overall or just a track from a game? If I have to choose my favorite track, the original VS. Trainer theme still gives me chills with all those runs. It's a fantastic song, really. As for a soundtrack, I'd go and say Pokemon XD has the best. I would normally say Colosseum, but XD does have almost all the tracks from Colosseum and then some, so yeah haha. The music in that game is just amazing though. My favorite is VS. Cipher Peon. Much better than the version from Colosseum, imo. It sounded more sinister and reminded you of why you were fighting, if that makes sense.

Back