• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Different Tileset for each season (Season Script)

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
So...
I have now tested it very often. The recognition of the month is not the debt, because this:
if Time.now.mon == 2 or Time.now.mon == 3 == 4 or Time.now.mon
I use in another Script...

It must either be on recognizing the tilesets are so Winter_, Spring_ etc. are, or at the call of the respective Tilsets.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
if Time.now.mon == 2 or Time.now.mon == 3 == 4 or Time.now.mon
If that is literally what you have, then you've mucked it up. It's really not difficult to see how this line is wrong, and I can confirm that this line as it is would cause your problem. I really can't say anything else about the matter without sounding patronising, sorry.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
If that is literally what you have, then you've mucked it up. It's really not difficult to see how this line is wrong, and I can confirm that this line as it is would cause your problem. I really can't say anything else about the matter without sounding patronising, sorry.

sry, this line isn't correct... I'm german and use the "google translator". I copy that line right, but the translator changed it.... I had use this line how it is in the orginal script of this seasonal tileset script :$

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Great Script!!!! I was wondering, though. Would it be possible to have this set up for times of the day? Using the "Morning" "afternoon" and stuff as the catalyst for map-changing? I want to make it where the tileset changes throughout the day so shadows on buildings will appear differently.

I know there is that dark hue that happens, that is fine. But I want to make building shadows different so it actually seems like the sun is moving and shadows are cast differently.

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Okay, so I've tracked this thread start to finish and I think I understand where the problems have come about. The script as is, with the instructions properly followed, doesn't work anymore (it probably did for previous essentials versions though). How to fix them though I'm less sure about.

The problem is in this part of the code which recurs throughout (Keep in mind 'Spring' can also be 'Winter' et al too):
Code:
("Graphics/Autotiles/Spring_"+name)
Specifically the +name bit. It seems that this part isn't adding the .png file name on to the end of the string as intended, making almost every line ineffectual. I've tested this in a few different ways I don't think anyone would care to read about, but the point is they've all led me to this hypothesis.

As the above people have discovered by changing the code themselves, removing the +name part of the script and expanding the string that precedes it to refer to a specific tileset actually does cause the code to take some effect, if one that doesn't work quite as intended. So for example,
Code:
doesn't work, but changing all instances of it to
Code:
("Graphics/Autotiles/Spring_Johto.png")
does.

The problem with this then is it only works for that one tileset and also screws over all the others you have. So what I'm wondering is if there's been some change in essentials in the past few versions that would make this '+name' bit not work, perhaps replacing it with something else just
Code:
replaced
Code:
("Graphics/Tilesets/Spring_"+ filename +".png")

EDIT: I THINK I FIXED IT.

I think the problem is that in the new versions of windows, files aren't named 'file.png', they're just named 'file'. I have no idea if this is correct or not but the point is I fixed the code by adding
Code:
+".png"
after every instance of +name. The easiest way to do this is ctrl + h. So far it's working totally as it's supposed to.

This is a really big moment for me you guys.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
evilrake have fixed the code (tested on essential 16.2)
if anyone want the correct code is
Spoiler:

Back