• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Nomination Round - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hack of the Year 2008 - Nominations Round

2q8ocn9.png

Introduction

Welcome to the first round of HotY 2008! This round will be a key part of this competition and it will be you that decides who wins and who doesn't. The hack with the most nominations will win the Fan Favourite award. Do not neglect to nominate your hack because others have already done so! You must supply some reasoning for your nomination and it must be valid, no "coz it roxxorz!!", any posts deemed to be invalid will be deleted.

Ineligible Hacks

• Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Requested by the author to be taken out of the competition
  • Pokemon Prism
    Winner of HotY for 2007
  • Pokemon Liquid Ocean
    Winner of HotY for 2006
  • Pokemon Naranja
    Winner of HotY for 2005
  • Pokemon Ice
    Winner of HotY for 2004

Voting Form

Code:
[PLAIN][b]Hack Name:[/b]
[b]Reason for nomination:[/b][/PLAIN]

Rules and Guidelines

• A hack that is in the list above is not eligible to be nominated
  • You may not nominate your own hack
  • You must provide a valid reason for nominating a hack
  • You may not nominate a hack because of the authors personal record or progress, only the hack is being evaluated
  • You may only nominate one hack
  • Every post must be a nomination any other post will be deleted
  • Make sure that you have at least tried more than one hack before nominating it

Credit to ~ The Womanizer ~ for the banner.

Last edited:

pokelover445

Looking for a scripter -MSG :)
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends
Reason for nomination: This game amazed me, the story, the scripts D/P Pokemon. I was thrilled to finish the game, as it was very challenging, engaging with twists

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends.

Reason why: It has a good storyline, and all the legendary's in places that are sometimes easy, sometimes hard to get to. Nice maps and scripts. It was challenging and it's plot was unique, as well as surprising and marvellous.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I nominate Waterfall!
Reason: The mapping by Pachel seems to have really improved, and the overworld is simply amazing. It also seems like he does not want to stop until the hack is complete!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Hack Name:Pokémon Distant
Reason for nomination:Excellent mapping and very nice titlescreen it's a very cool hack.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Hack name:
Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers

Reason for Nomination:
Great storyline, great spriting. Very good use of flags and scripting.

The storyline was emotional at some points, making it very good. The fact that it goes by chapters also helps it a lot. Just looking at it, I'm willing to bet that it took a lot of dedication to make this hack.
The maps were incredible and well-thought out. The mechanics of the game were also well-thought out so it makes it possible to beat the game.
And the region was magnificent.

Years
hack name : pokemon distant

reason for nomination : well i havent played it yet but i think it'll be a great hack to play ,so im voting for it.
well i love the awsome mapping not to mention the great title screen !
The story is great + features,so i hope this hack wins.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
hack name : pokemon distant

reason for nomination : well the story is original, the mapping is gorgeous and it looks likeDisturbed has put a lot of time and effort into it, the title screen is awesome and the feautures make me extremley excited.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I vote for pokemon ruby destiny: rescue rangers. the hack was awesome, and it's tiles and scripts are amazing. Time is sure to bring out the best in hacks.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I vote for Pokemon Genesis, because the scripts are great, the story is amazing, and the maps are just fun to play.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I vote for Pokemon Genesis.
The scripts are wonderfully made, without a single error. The mapping is also really good. It's plot is also very unique and interesting.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I vote for Pokemon: breakdown

Satoshi delivers a great hack with one of the best storylines I have heard. His tiles and palletes are also very good

Gyaridos1992

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2008
I nominate Pokemon Liquid Crystal. It looks like LaZ did a good job on the scripts and the mapping is almost the same as crystal.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
I would like to add my two cents, too ^^"

Hack name: Pokémon Genesis

Reason for nomination: Pokémon Genesis resembles RijonAdventures which I loved for professional presentation, flawless mapping and great scripts. This all can be applied to Genesis without any exception. It has truly amazed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back