• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, I've got some questions:
1. Where is the animation tiles in Red located at
2. Does anyone have the EliteMap .ini's for Emerald Version? (I have to use E-Map....)
3. Okay, this is a weird question, but does anyone have any...err, 'sheet music' for RSE? Well, not actual sheet music, but the notes for all the music in RSE. I don't know if anyone's made written down all the music for it, but could you possibly link me toa page with it.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Small question: Where can I find turts of AMS hacking and HEX editting for pokémon Emerald?
I can't seem to find any on this site (probably my fault)...
And I mean, REALLY beginner turts (I can script very well, but I've never used AMS or HEX editing).

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Small question: Where can I find turts of AMS hacking and HEX editting for pokémon Emerald?
I can't seem to find any on this site (probably my fault)...
And I mean, REALLY beginner turts (I can script very well, but I've never used AMS or HEX editing).
You can find some ASM lessons in the site: pkmnhackersonline.com
In the same site there are some informations about Hex scripting

Sometimes when I use this command, my character faces down instead of left:
Spoiler:

Why does this happen? How do I fix it?
maybe after the applymovement you prompt a msgbox with boxset 0x2? boxset 0x2 face the sprite...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
You can find some ASM lessons in the site: pkmnhackersonline.com
In the same site there are some informations about Hex scripting

maybe after the applymovement you prompt a msgbox with boxset 0x2? boxset 0x2 face the sprite...
Since you are a good Scripter Can you give me a command to change the wild pokemon that chases Prof.Brich in Ruby and change it to growlithe

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Since you are a good Scripter Can you give me a command to change the wild pokemon that chases Prof.Brich in Ruby and change it to growlithe
you have to modify that script... if you post the whole script here i tell you what you have to change...
(i'm under Linux now, than I can't use A.Map)

Cascade'A Stupidity

Biggest Muppet there is.
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2009
Unlz-gba is annoying me.

Whenever I export a pokemon onto paint and try to recolour it the colours are spazzy. Like, if I do a dark purple, I get grey. How do I fix this?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Unlz-gba is annoying me.

Whenever I export a pokemon onto paint and try to recolour it the colours are spazzy. Like, if I do a dark purple, I get grey. How do I fix this?
That's because the image is indexed, that means that there are 16 colors in the sprite. The reason why you get a grey when you use purple is because there is simply no purple in that palette, so it automatically turns the color into the closest color in the palette. This doesn't only happen in UnLZ-GBA, it also happens in any other sprites you export.

Also, there's no way to actually fix it, just copy the sprite onto another Paint file. Then you can index it using IrfanView.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Simple get your Picture (Be Sure The Size is 64x64 For Pokemon Sprites)
then Got to Irfan View and Open your picture...........
I Suggest to go to Documents and Tuts Forum :)

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Is there a way to adding 100 new Pokemon to a fire red rom without having to go over the previous 386?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
You can add 25 i think without erasing others but not 100.

I know about that , but I do not know how to you know, insert the sprites for them without Pokepic because it ruins my ROM when I use it. I guess I have to replace the Hoenn Pokemon for the Sinnoh. Don't care much because frankly I didn't like most of their designs aside from the starters.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
2. Does anyone have the EliteMap .ini's for Emerald Version? (I have to use E-Map....)
3. Okay, this is a weird question, but does anyone have any...err, 'sheet music' for RSE? Well, not actual sheet music, but the notes for all the music in RSE. I don't know if anyone's made written down all the music for it, but could you possibly link me toa page with it.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
E-map's team dosen't update his ini's files... why you have to use e.map?

Last edited:

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I've still got a question:

How can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Is there a way to adding 100 new Pokemon to a fire red rom without having to go over the previous 386?

You can add 25 i think without erasing others but not 100.

That isn't true. You most definitely can add more than 25; however, it would take much too long. You'd have to repoint everything, like stats, move charts, sprites, icons, types, etc. It's basically too much work to have more than 25.. >_>

(Btw, I think thethethethe said this somewhere, although I don't remember where. He prolly said it better than me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back