• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
i like the opening, the lab and the indoor tiles.
but the trees and the mountain pallets aren't so good :(
I guess I can make the trees slightly bigger, but if I make them too tall it wouldn't look like a smaller version of the HG/SS Kanto tree. That's what it's supposed to look like. Also about the palettes, I'm not going to change them even if it looks bad. I'm re-creating a 2D version of the HG/SS Kanto, so it's supposed to look like that.

Also, I meant the outside stairs. The ones for mountain levels.
Oh, now I see, you mean the Route 1 stairs? I'll get around to that eventually...

But you know what would be really helpful? If someone can take screenshots of HG/SS in certain Kanto places. That would REALLY help with mapping. All you need is no$gba and an HG/SS rom that has access to Kanto. Currently I'm relying on Youtube for what each City/Town looks like, and it's not that easy.

Also I'm wondering if someone can make a video of the first few events of the game (Choosing your starter, fighting your rival, pointlessly walking on Route 1). If anyone's interested, PM me, as I don't want it to be recorded with the current released alpha, since I've fixed a small glitch that's present in the alpha.

Anyways, just to show that I'm still working, here's an 80% complete Viridian City:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3586/10454348.png

Ignore the Gym, PokeMart, and Pokemon Center tiles, as I haven't re-done them yet. The house in there isn't final, as it looks too "weird".

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I'm looking forward to this since I kinda feel the same way about Fire Red/Leaf Green. Except I thought the remake was worse somehow.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
Interesting hack... I never really thought about it before, but you are right, Kanto feels dull and lifeless compared to Hoenn and Shinnoh. I haven't played much of HG/SS so I don't know about all the improvments (waiting for the english version to hit before I dump a ton of time into it) but I would like to see a Kanto that actually feels alive and like it is a real place and not just a flat 8 bit world. The one thing that I didn't like about Hoenn and Shinnoh though is how the regions were divided in two by something, it made the world feel split up. I do need to finish DPP though, I never did get around to beating the E4 and have no idea what happens after that...

One question, why stick with the numbered islands? I always thought that they felt out of place in the game. Maybe add in the Orange islands instead as you could make up any extra islands that you might need. (and they wouldn't feel out of place in the universe)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Interesting hack... I never really thought about it before, but you are right, Kanto feels dull and lifeless compared to Hoenn and Shinnoh. I haven't played much of HG/SS so I don't know about all the improvments (waiting for the english version to hit before I dump a ton of time into it) but I would like to see a Kanto that actually feels alive and like it is a real place and not just a flat 8 bit world. The one thing that I didn't like about Hoenn and Shinnoh though is how the regions were divided in two by something, it made the world feel split up. I do need to finish DPP though, I never did get around to beating the E4 and have no idea what happens after that...
I haven't played HG/SS either, but I've looked at Youtube videos of Kanto footage, and I am impressed with the amount of life that GameFreak put in. And then it made me realize how bad Kanto is in FR/LG, so that's what this hack is for. To play through Kanto with liveliness equal to Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto.

One question, why stick with the numbered islands? I always thought that they felt out of place in the game. Maybe add in the Orange islands instead as you could make up any extra islands that you might need. (and they wouldn't feel out of place in the universe)
Orange Islands will NEVER happen. I hate the Pokemon anime, and there won't be a single thing from it. The islands aren't really numbered, because they have separate names too (Knot Island, Boon Island, Kin Island, etc...) This game will be more similar to Gen I, and because of that the Sevii Islands will be completely optional. In ShadowAmethyst, you do not have access to the Sevii Islands until after the Elite Four.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
This hack also "fixes" the continuity errors between Gen III & Gen IV. For instance, in Pokemon D/P/Pt, during the Shaymin event, Prof. Oak mentions that there is also a white rock in Kanto. In HG/SS, there is no white rock anywhere. Guess what? The white rock will be in this hack, and it will be on Cinnabar Island. Since Cinnabar Island is blown up in HG/SS, that would explain why there is no white rock, because the white rock got destroyed.
I've invoked the same idea before. :] It's good, but you should note that DPPt are happening around the same time as GSC, so the white rock would still be in a GSC remake. You can change the storyline and have it on Cinnabar and all, if you want, of course, but I'm just letting you know.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've invoked the same idea before. :] It's good, but you should note that DPPt are happening around the same time as GSC, so the white rock would still be in a GSC remake. You can change the storyline and have it on Cinnabar and all, if you want, of course, but I'm just letting you know.
No, by the events of D/P/Pt/HG/SS, Cinnabar Island has already been destroyed. Therefore I'm not changing the storyline at all, since according to G/S/C/HG/SS, Cinnabar blew up a while ago (but after the events of R/S/E/FR/LG/SA).

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. Here's a quick fix: Prof. Oak forgot the white rock got destroyed XD! Or I could make up some bullsh*t facts about the Kanto white rock saying that it mysteriously disappears every 3 years XD.

EDIT: Actually, I have another idea. But I don't want to reveal it because it involves another feature that I haven't yet revealed (and probably won't in a long time). If you really want to know, then PM me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I tried it an its great but i can't even past pallet town x_x its blocked off by a fence D: can't go to Viridian City dono why :/

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
Orange Islands will NEVER happen. I hate the Pokemon anime, and there won't be a single thing from it. The islands aren't really numbered, because they have separate names too (Boon Island, Kin Island, etc...) This game will be more similar to Gen I, and because of that the Sevii Islands will be completely optional. In ShadowAmethyst, you do not have access to the Sevii Islands until after the Elite Four.

I can understand that (I actually liked the first 2 seasons of the anime, but I can see why others wouldn't)

It will be interesting to see how you change the various areas of Kanto to make them feel like real places (changes in elevation, and in scenery should be interesting, like ascending up to mt moon) and I can't wait to play the beta when it is ready.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I tried it an its great but i can't even past pallet town x_x its blocked off by a fence D: can't go to Viridian City dono why :/
The alpha ends at Route 1. Viridian City will be in the beta, because the alpha is supposed to be short.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I just thought of an idea. You could make it were Red or Blue (Leaf) is a pseudo-rival if you don't choose them like in any of the generation 3 or 4 games (not counting FR/LG).

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I just thought of an idea. You could make it were Red or Blue (Leaf) is a pseudo-rival if you don't choose them like in any of the generation 3 or 4 games (not counting FR/LG).
I've already thought of that a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. You could even check in my old thread, "The True Pokemon Saga", which was the original concept of ShadowAmethyst. Originally I was going to hack FireRed, but then decided Emerald would be better if I wanted a Kanto game with features equal to the Hoenn games.

Dammit, you just had to spoil it...

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just posting to say that this isn't dead. Here's what I've been working on over the past few days:

92323257.png

Here's Viridian City, in most of it's HG/SS glory. Some tiles have not been inserted yet, such as the green bushes.

73274642.png

The way the old man blocks you in this game is a little different. In R/B/Y/FR/LG, there's only 1 tile that is blocked by a script alone. Since Viridian City is much bigger in ShadowAmethyst, now there's 8 tiles that has to be blocked. This is how it's handled:
39529398.png

Since the old man is no longer lying on the ground, he actually walks out of his standing spot just to yell at you:
65995948.png

Also another thing:
92391839.png

Notice how there are 3 Pokedexes on the table. In the original games, there were only 2, one for you and the other for your rival. Now who would the third Pokedex be for? Well, after you deliver Oak's package, you can expect to see your good old rival, and yet something else will happen:
69688210.png

29649062.png

Oh, look. All 3 Pokeballs on the table are gone.

In case you haven't guessed it, there is a pseudo-rival in this game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Just posting to say that this isn't dead. Here's what I've been working on over the past few days:

92323257.png

Here's Viridian City, in most of it's HG/SS glory. Some tiles have not been inserted yet, such as the green bushes.

73274642.png

The way the old man blocks you in this game is a little different. In R/B/Y/FR/LG, there's only 1 tile that is blocked by a script alone. Since Viridian City is much bigger in ShadowAmethyst, now there's 8 tiles that has to be blocked. This is how it's handled:
39529398.png

Since the old man is no longer lying on the ground, he actually walks out of his standing spot just to yell at you:
65995948.png

Also another thing:
92391839.png

Notice how there are 3 Pokedexes on the table. In the original games, there were only 2, one for you and the other for your rival. Now who would the third Pokedex be for? Well, after you deliver Oak's package, you can expect to see your good old rival, and yet something else will happen:
69688210.png

29649062.png

Oh, look. All 3 Pokeballs on the table are gone.

In case you haven't guessed it, there is a pseudo-rival in this game.

I love how the man isn't passed out on the ground in this game, and I knew Blue would be a pseudo-rival. :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
FR is fine the way it is.
I see no need to remake a remake.
If you think there is no need for this hack, then there is also no need for you to post in this thread. It is your opinion that FR is fine, but this is my hack not yours, and I don't like FR/LG.

And I'm not remaking a remake. THIS IS NOT A FR/LG REMAKE.

This is a remake of the Japanese Blue Version, which was the original 3rd version.

Why not? It's something new... and Ruby looks interesting with FR everything.
I'm hacking Emerald, not Ruby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back