• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Well the Hoenn Pokemon are by far my favourites, so it's great to see so many of them make a return. Now all I need to is Taillow/Swellow, Lunatone/Solrock & Swablu/Altaria and I'm set!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Seeing a big chunk of Hoenn Pokémon would be awesome!
I'm always surprised when I get reminded of how badass Crawdaunt is.

^ Lunatone/Solrock and Swablu/Altaria were in Unova though! BW2 had a very cool selection of older Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pokemon being in the battle mock ups and promotional images don't really mean much. They may or may not be in the game. Black and White were like this and B2W2 were as well.

Also don't expect to find the streams on Youtube anymore. Youtube has been deleting Pokemon streams for Pokemon Smaah, various TV episodes loaded onto it, and some battles because TPC updated the licensing on Pokemon merchandise that forced Youtube top remove those items from its site.

I think Zephyr and his other streaming friends are using different streaming sites to show the videos as they happen.

blue

gucci
Years
Pokemon being in the battle mock ups and promotional images don't really mean much. They may or may not be in the game. Black and White were like this and B2W2 were as well.

This is what I was thinking, although I do hope to see the Corphish line in X and Y along with plenty of other Hoenn Pokemon too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope to see a decent number of generation 3-5 mons (though maybe limit the number of Gen 3 mons in these games for the remakes...if they're to make them). Mostly as I want to see evolutions of those 3 generations.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

More than likely true, but the Corphish line would be cool to see in there. We already have the Marill line for physical Water types though, so who knows. They also don't care about that kind of stuff anyways so that probably isn't any justifiable reason for them NOT to include them, so at this point who knows. I just like Crawdaunt =P

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I would be eager to see the return of some Hoenn based Pokémon. I never had a chance to use a Crawdaunt before, so this might be my chance to test one out in the world of Kalos. Personally, I'd love to see more Pokémon from Sinnoh in the mix, but that's just because I have a love affair with the region itself.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I wouldn't mind seeing some Hoenn Pokemon in X/Y. There are plenty of amazing Hoenn Pokemon I never got the chance to use in R/S/E, and new games would be a great opportunity to use them.

It wouldn't be a problem if there weren't a lot of Hoenn Pokemon in Kalos's Pokedex, but a decent amount would be nice.

Years
I'll like it if Spiritomb is available in game as it's one of the only Pokémon I've never have had a chance to use due to the gimmicky methods to obtain one (Keystone,Pokewalker Dream World), hopefully if it is in game in won't be like the Sinnoh method of obtaining it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'll like it if Spiritomb is available in game as it's one of the only Pokémon I've never have had a chance to use due to the gimmicky methods to obtain one (Keystone,Pokewalker Dream World), hopefully if it is in game in won't be like the Sinnoh method of obtaining it.

I'd like this as well. Though I wouldn't like it to be a Pokémon that can just be found in the wild. I think it should still be a once-only Pokémon, but this time it shouldn't need some ridiculous requirements to get.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I hope they update the pokemon cries too. Make sure they're still recognisable, but better quality.

Also I hope they try to differentiate some of the first and second gen cries that sound similar. That's the only case where I wouldn't mind if their cries changed.

I'm not THAT much of a stickler for the cries and honestly I would be more protective of the 4th/5th gen cries (you know the actual good ones) then I would about the older beepboopbeep ones.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm all for more Hoenn Pokémon, although not too much because let's save them for the remakes (Hehehe). Question is, if there are a number of Hoenn Pokémon in the game, how many of them are getting new evolutions or pre-evolutions added to their lines.

I hope the cries get an update and sound a bit more natural. I think with the new graphics for battles and Pokémon, it'd be kind of weird hearing a lot of them with 8-bit cries still.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I wouldn't take having a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon games as automatically meaning that a bunch of them are going to get evolutions. I mean, the only two that we really know are the Marill and Zigzagoon lines. Marill already has three stages of evolutions, so that's just unlikely, plus giving the beginning rodent another evolution just seems like a strange turn of events to me. Not that I'd mind it, because I'd love to see a Linoone evolution, but it just would seem strange to me =P

blue

gucci
Years
My ideal Pokedex would be made up of a moderately sized group of Kanto and Johto Pokemon, even more Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon, fewer Unova Pokemon and then obviously the new Kalos Pokemon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Oh of course! It'd be quite odd to me as well if all of the Gen III Pokemon in these games were to be given an evolution! Going by that logic, there would be a Crawdaunt evo (assuming that Crawdaunt is in these games which is pretty likely for the most part), and I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about that, though I'm sure it might come across as strange to some.

Aside from that though, I'm fine if there's a large amount of Hoenn Pokes with not many evos this time around. At least we finally get a game that recognizes Hoenn and it's Pokemon, something that arguably long overdue.

I agree completely. Although there was definitely a large handful of Hoenn Pokémon that got brought back into the B2/W2 Pokédex (and I posted a full list somewhere like a month ago, but I'm not going to go dig that up =P BUT there was probably around 10-13 families in there!), I'd love to see more of them get brought back again. And I'd love a Crawdaunt evolution, especially with how well he got treated with the physical/special split in Gen IV. He's now decent, but an evolution would be fantastic.

Years
Honestly I wouldn't take having a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon games as automatically meaning that a bunch of them are going to get evolutions. I mean, the only two that we really know are the Marill and Zigzagoon lines. Marill already has three stages of evolutions, so that's just unlikely, plus giving the beginning rodent another evolution just seems like a strange turn of events to me. Not that I'd mind it, because I'd love to see a Linoone evolution, but it just would seem strange to me =P
Marill is from gen 2 xD
So Zigzagoon is the only one we really have according to what we've seen of the dex in scans. An evolution for Linoone would be cool, though it's one of the regional Rodents so I sort of doubt it'll get one :(

I feel like Jirachi should be saved for the remakes or for third version (like Mew was in Emerald), it'll be quite strange to see it. I just noticed something, that's that most games don't have out of region in game event (as in mystery gift item and you catch it)Pokemon, so far I can only think of the Generation 3 and 4 third versions and the remakes made during those generations. So the chances of in game event are low for these games it seems :(

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well, Azurill came in Gen III, so I guess I was going off that, but yes, Marill is technically Gen II, my bad =P

Agreeing on Jirachi being saved. Honestly, I think I was the one to bring up the point originally (probably not lol), but wishing and genetics really just don't go together. Genetics being based on science and wishing being some mystical force just don't really seem to go together honestly.

Years
Well ancient science was based on mysticism and other things along that line (aka Alchemy) so I guess they could do something like that...though I'm hoping they save the mystic for the next so we can see Arceus in a generation with potential Gen 4 remakes (and maybe give it it's thousand arm forme...) ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back