• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Born with a purpose

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I wish I could say I do with this inspiring message on how amazing life is and how there's so much more behind it than science, but I don't think so. We're here because our parents had sex. We aren't born with a purpose in life, we create our own.

Years
Perhaps one doesn't discover their purpose immediately, but I surely think everyone is born with one. Even if they discover that purpose late in their life.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I would really hate to think that anybody is born with a specific purpose. It would mean we're essentially will less cogs in a giant machine, just turning like German clockwork. I believe everybody is completely free to pursue whatever they wish to pursue.

Unless you Asian. Then you become doctor.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
No one is born with a purpose. Purpose is built by the person themselves.

Purpose however I believe is important for a person for them to stay focused and feel fulfillment within themselves.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think everyone have a purpose, and I think purpose are not coming by itself, everyone have to find and search it in order to find one, and will eventually find it someday.

And so far my purpose is to be more friendly, to inspire people to do better and to becoming better as well.

Years
I don't think anybody is born with some special purpose. We set our own goals and we choose our own purpose(s). If anything I guess it is the purpose of all people to find a purpose for their lives.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
I believe people are born with a purpose in life............ They aren't born due to it, but they are born with one all the same........
My purpose is to bring pain and suffering too any human I come in contact with.......... It bring me joy............ :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Nah, I used to think so. Not anymore, I think that we all choose our own destinies. Even princes can choose not to be kings.

TheShiningStarlette

The Pikachu Master
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Well, everybody has to be born to do something...right?

Yeah, I think everybody was born with a purpose.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wouldn't this topic be more suitable in the Discussions & Debates section?

Knowing whether or not you are born with a purpose depends on whether or not we prove the existence of God. If he's real, then we're all served as pawns of his little game of life, whether it's good or bad (I fear that my purpose could scale into the bad side any moment). If he's not real, then our lives are completely meaningless and have no purpose, even the idea of free will and morality is only a man-made structure, so it technically doesn't exist.

Nakala Pri

I reckon we all have a purpose in life. Like abolishing slavery, stopping mass murderers and making great breakthroughs with science.

I believe mine is to set the world record for eating about two thousand cheese toasties in under a minute. C:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Depends on what you mean by purpose. I don't really buy into the idea that we're all born with a pre prescribed purpose, because that implies that we shouldn't do anything else, or that if we don't fulfill that purpose, we're doing something wrong. For example, suppose my purpose that I was born to do is to be a doctor. But what if I want to be a cook instead? I (like everyone else, IMO) am every bit as capable of being a good cook as I am at being a good doctor. I think people are free to write their own destiny and excelling at it, depending on how hard they work.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
The thing about life is we are here for a reason, but we will never understand life or our purpose in life. Nobody on this planet understands life and nobody on this planet can prove we are living and breathing on this planet. Yea you may be breathing and walking, but you can't prove your actually living a life the way you want to live it. The earth is 4.6 billion years old, so why has human life only lived on it for 2014 years? Get what I'm saying? I'm in no way saying we aren't living in a reality, I'm just saying we don't understand anything about life and never will. We just live our life. Hell for all we know aliens could control the universe. Sounds stupid? Maybe, but saying it's not possible means your oblivious and too closed minded about everything around you. I'm in no way attacking anybody's religion, tho I myself think religion practices and using religion as life answers are dumb but that's just me. A bible does not prove anything, again not attacking anybody's religion (cause I believe there is a god of some sort) I'm just stating an opinion.

As for my purpose in life (if we have one). I have no clue.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I know we were put here with the purpose of living and breathing air. Other than that, no.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Technically, everyone was born to reproduce before they pass away, as that's the use of every living organism. I think it's more of what goes on in your life that sort of molds a purpose for your life.

For example, Eminem. He was in a poor family coming from a troubled home. And he used rapping to get out of there and he broke free. Everyone sort of builds a purpose for their life based around their talents, it just takes some longer to realize it.

Back