• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin Version

Should I make Johto an accessible region?

• Total voters

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
Years
Pokemon Mythos Version

Well, my first thread didn't go so well because I didn't really have anything to back up that my idea was more than just an idea, but this time I have screenshots, Fakemon, and a more thought out Plot and Story to please the senses. Also, this isn't a different game, this is Pokemon Turquoise but with a different name. And, just to clarify, the Myth may seem religious, but the way I look at it, Pokemon has a Greek style of belief; They believe that Pokemon created and govern all things natural and that's the way I portray it.

Myth:
Long ago, before time was ever recorded and before Man ever walked the Earth, there was darkness. Then, as if from nowhere, a blinding light burst forth from the darkness, causing the birth of the Original One. The Original One knew its purpose, it was to create the universe and all things within it. And so, it began its work. On the first day, it created Space and Time, and gave them form; The Warden of Time, and the Lord of Space. On the second day, the Original One created the Sun, Moon, and the Earth. He gave these entites form as well; The Bringer of Night, the Sun's Chariotier, and the Planet Protector. Then, it created Man. Specifically, one man and one woman to reproduce and increase the population of the Earth. However, Man pleaded to the Original One. He said, "This planet is vast, yet barren. We have nothing to eat, or drink. We will perish in these conditions." The Original One had not realized this and immediately took action. It created four more dieties; The Ocean's King, The Land's Beast, The Sky's Serpent, and the Flower's Goddess. It heeded these creatures to create mountains, grass, flowers, fruit, sky, and water. One day later, the earth was covered in lush green grass and sapphire blue seas. Man thanked the Original One and went about his buisness with his wife.
The Original One then took rest for an entire millenia. After awakening from its rest, the Original One was shocked to see that his two human creations had reproduced into entire colonies all over the entirety of its planet. However, it noticed that the people were barbaric and uneducated, and so, the Original One created three new beings; The Sprites of Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower. These sprites were born with their mission in mind; To educate and culturalize mankind. They went about their work over the next hundred years. After this long period of time, the Original One is finally pleased with Man, a being of knowledge, emotion, and willpower.
It is one year after the hundred that it took for Man to become educated that one human, a priest, prays to the Original One, asking, 'Where shall I go after my life ends? Am I doomed to wander this Earth for eternity?' This prayer reached the Original One whom responded with action, by creating, once again, two new dieties; The Angel of Heaven and the Demon of the Underworld. These beings were to govern the realms of Heaven and Hell with just ruling. However, the being of Hell was not pleased with its task. It believed that it was powerful enough to govern Earth, but instead was heeded with the task of ruling the Underworld. So, when the Original One decided to rest once again, the Demon Pokemon climbed the stairway that led ti his domain and broke through the Gate to Hell, arriving on the threshold of the planet...
Once on Earth, the Demon began its destructive revenge by destroying many colonies of humans. The Planet Protector fought with the Demon and the two remained in a constant struggle, until one day, in the metropolis community of Pokelantis, a young woman, the princess of Pokelantis, decided this comabt needed to stop. She knew her father would never allow her to do anything direct about the situation, so in the dead of night, she snuck out of her room in the palace and went to the room of the sage that prayed to the Original One for the Pokelantians to foretell events concerning weather and other situations. "Oh Great Sage, I bessech the. Please, help me to cease the endless battle between the Demon and our Protector!" she pleaded. The sage looked at her gravely, "I have attempted to speack with the Original One many a time, but it is deep in rest...I believe I have a way to summon it to aid us." He revealed an ocarina, an Azure Ocarina, "This instrument has been blessed by the priests of our kingdom. It has the potential to awaken and summon the Original One to quell the Demon." The princess was eager to help, "However," he continued, "This flute's holy properties can only be accessed by one with a pure heart. A feature I lack." The sage took a sheet of paper off of his desk and handed it, along with the Azure Flute to the princess, "You, my princess, do have a pure heart. This song, Oracion, will summon the Original One. You must plead to it to cease the battle!" The princess understood and ran out of the palace, to the highest altar in the kingdom, whilst the Pokemon battled above...
She arrived to the altar and immediately begun playing the music that the sage had given her. The heavenly song reached the Original One high above and it awake to see what caused the disturbance of its awakening. It looked down to Earth to see the battle between the Demon and the Planet Protector and descends to Earth. Enraged with the Demon, the Original One imprisoned it within an unbreackable coffin of stone. The Planet Protector, having been calmed by Oracion, returned to its domain. However, before its imprisonment, the Demon casts a curse upon the princess. Before she realized what had happened, she was transformed into a serpent, a Milotic. The Original One, astonished by this and also saddened, looked at the creature for a moment, while the coffin which imprisoned the Demon fell into the sea. The Milotic also dove into the sea, the Azure Flute in its mouth, and swam the waters freely. From that point on, Milotic and her children, the Feebas, swam the seas of the world, but elusively, for the Original One saw them as its own beautiful daughters, the Water Nymphs, Mermaids, the Dragons of the Seas.
What became of the flute or the music? What became of the Pokelantians, or the Original One? What became of the princess or the Demon? These questions and more arise from this myth. However, one thing is known, this myth has spurred the interest of a very dangerous man and his organization. They now wreak havoc in the region of Rijune, in search of the Azure Flute, and carrieing a sheet of music of this deadly man's own creation, a sheet that can summon the Demon, and control it....

Plot:
You begin your adventure as a new graduate student from the Lavendale Pokemon Academy in the Rijune region on Flos Caeli Isle. You, and your two best friends have just graduated from the Beginner's Course at the Academy and are on your way to becoming full fledge Trainers. The principal gives you your Trainer ID and tells the three of you to go to Newbreeze Town south of Lavendale City to recieve your Starter Pokemon from Rijune's Pokemon Proffesor, Adrian Rosewood. You leave Lavendale with your friends and traverse Route 400 to arrive in your hometown of Newbreeze. When you arrive, you have the option of immediately visting the Lab or visiting your sister, and your friends' parents and families. Whichever you decide to do, one way or another, the Lab events will occur. When you enter the lab, you see a woman with bright, pink hair in a lab coat, the Prof., and walk up to her. She asks whom you are and explains that she recently cleaned the lab due to being ransacked by vandals. When she hears that you're the Trainers she was excepting, she flips out and apologetically says that the vandals stole the Pokemon meant to be your Starters! Your friend, of the same gender, decides to go after them and you follow with your other friend right behind you. Rosewood says that the vandals most likely made off to Route 400. You search the Route, but don't find the vandals. Instead, your friend, opposite gender, finds a bag containing three PokeBalls. He/She explains that it may have belonged to the vandals and your other friend suggests taking the Pokemon. Suddenly, the vandals appear and demand you return the Pokemon. You friend, same gender, instead tells you and your other friend to grab a PokeBall to battle with. You pick your Starter and defeat one of the vandals. After their defeat, they run off, cursing. You return to the Lab and explain what happened to Rosewood. She examines the Pokemon and says that they aren't the ones she intended on giving you, but they'd do. After leaveing the lab, you return to the Academy on the Prof.'s request and find the Principal conversing with Professor Oak from Kanto! When he sees the three of you, Oak says that he has something for you and hands you a PokeDex. Your friend, same gender, asks what this is for and Oak explains that he came here on a visit to the Principal and heard that three Trainers had just graduated from the Academy, so he brought over three PokeDexs to ask the three of you to record data on the Pokemon of Rijune. You and your friends accept and the Principal sends you off to officially start your adventure. When you exit the Academy, you opposite gender friend bids you farewell and leaves Lavendale. Meanwhile, your other friend challenges you to a battle. He/She has the advantage to your Pokemon and from this battle on, is your rival. If you defeat him/her, they say that they'll get stronger and beat you, then they run off. If you lose, they say you should train your Pokemon and they declare that they'll be the best Pokemon Trainer in Rijune before departing. Either way, after your rival leaves, a woman walks up to you and asks if you intend to become the Champion of Rijune. When you answer, she suggests that you battle and defeat the eight Gym Leaders of Rijune to reach the Pokemon League Plateau. She says her name is Rozalin and is interested in seeing you progress before walking away.
Features:
*202 new Fakemon along with 95-100 official Pokemon. The others I am debating about whether or not to include them...
*An entirely new region, Rijune and its multitude of islands.
*A Trainer Clothes Shop.
*A deep and dark plot concerning this mystery organization, the Original One, and the Demon.
*More insight to the Myth of the game.
*Information on Rozalin and her motives.
*New attacks along with those from D/P.
*New items.
*Day/Night and Seasons system.
*A realtionship between you and someone else ;)
*Plenty of side quests.
*An unqiue story for each group of Legendaries, including those from past regions.
Help:
I need serious help if I'm ever to get this game done. Here's a list of jobs I need help with:
Scripting-I know nothing about it and I need the Battle, Menu, Evolution, and Day/Night scripts.
Spriting-I can't sprite. I need spriters to do the back and menu sprites for the Fakemon along with some Trainers.
Screenies!!!!
where.png

Where am I?
rose.png

Prof. Rosewood explaining the situation of the vandals.
Ala.png

What town is this? Seems interesting...
Note: The character sprite is just a filler until the custom is done, which I need help with. The text box is also a filler. And, I lack the tiles for the grass animation when you walk through it, anyone have it?
Well, that would be all of it. Took me 3 hours to type all of this.
That's all I got~MS

Last edited:

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
Years
Believe it or not, I wasn't paying attention to the length ;^_^ Thanks, though. Check the first post weekly. I'll be adding updats, mainly Fakemon and screens.

Bump. Come on, people, this is good stuff! Can someone please critique my plot or myth?

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Master Gamer's comment was semi-spam ~_~...do you know how many books are titled 'Biology' or 'Geography'?!
Fwoosh:
Well, my first thread didn't go so well Let's look...ah, the Milotic one, right? This should be interesting... because I didn't really have anything to back up that my idea was more than just an idea, but this time I have screenshots, Fakemon, and a more thought out Plot and Story to please the senses Confidence...that's good.. Also, this isn't a different game, this is Pokemon Turquoise but with a different name OH...good, I don't have to lecture about starting over and what it shows about you.. And, just to clarify, the Myth may seem religious h POKE didn't know what he was talking about; you can't have any fictitious world without a religion. It's whatever happens when they look up instead of at eye-level. You can't have pkmn without it. Pkmn religion, before Arceus, was probably a fun area to play around with..., but the way I look at it, Pokemon has a Greek style of belief; They believe that Pokemon created and govern all things natural and that's the way I portray it. Good.

Myth:
Long ago, before time was ever recorded and before Man ever walked the Earth Then how was this recorded or even orally passed on?, there was darkness. Then, as if from nowhere Agent Zero said, 'Let there be light!', a blinding light burst forth from the darkness Told ya..., causing the birth of the Original One Ehh, I don't really approve...but oh well. Actually, I approve a lot, but it's not very imaginative...for all we know, this 'light' you speak of is actually the remains of a self-destroyed deep space civilisation that vested all that bremained of it into one entity, this Original One, as the humans refer to it. I'm just brainstorming...disregard it.. The Original One knew its purpose How? See, my explanation actually works xD 'cause it would be to RE-create the universe..., it was to create the universe and all things within it. And so, it began its work. On the first day, it created Space and Time, and gave them form You sure most of that didn't already exist?; The Warden of Time, and the Lord of Space Melodrama. On the second day, the Original One created the Sun, Moon, and the Earth. He gave these entites form as well; The Bringer of Night, the Sun's Chariotier, and the Planet Protector ...now I'm getting engulfed in these creation cliches.... Then, it created Man. Specifically, one man and one woman to reproduce and increase the population of the Earth Where did they start? Your region?. However, Man pleaded to the Original One. He said, "This planet is vast, yet barren. We have nothing to eat, or drink. We will perish in these conditions." The Original One had not realized this The Original One first had to give them the tongues to speak with. and immediately took action. It created four more dieties NutriSystem; The Ocean's King, The Land's Beast, The Sky's Serpent, and the Flower's GoddessThere are too many pkmn of whatever for you to solely mention these...undoubtedly, there was a 'pkgod' of almost everything made. Mentioning these almost sets them apart or something...which really ain't fair. Ho-oh does not really fit into any of those categories and yet is important with human-pkgod relations. In fact, s/he probably took that job after Arceus was finished.... It heeded these creatures to create mountains, grass, flowers, fruit, sky, and water. One day later, the earth was covered in lush green grass and sapphire blue seas. Man thanked the Original One and went about his buisness with his wife.
The Original One then took rest for an entire millenia Why? Power drained?. After awakening from its rest, the Original One was shocked to see that his two human creations had reproduced into entire colonies all over the entirety of its planet ...this Original One is not painted as being very intelligent. I...don't think that's necessarily right.... However, it noticed that the people were barbaric and uneducated That's better--you should indicate earlier that Arceus encouraged the humans to seek knowledge or something., and so, the Original One created three new beings; The Sprites of Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower. These sprites were born with their mission in mind; To educate and culturalize mankind They seem more like the hidden type to me, but this interpretation works 'cause of their size: Mankind should not antagonise them.. They went about their work over the next hundred years. After this long period of time, the Original One is finally pleased with Man, a being of knowledge, emotion, and willpower.
It is one year after the hundred that it took for Man to become educated that one human, a priest, prays to the Original One, asking, 'Where shall I go after my life ends? ...ahh, how shall you explain this? Am I doomed to wander this Earth for eternity? Yes
Proof: Ninetales in some episode somewhere in the anime...' This prayer reached the Original One whom responded with action, by creating, once again, two new dieties Kolesteral and Fibarr; The Angel of Heaven and the Demon of the Underworld Okay, Charlie.... These beings were to govern the realms of Heaven and Hell with just ruling. However, the being of Hell was not pleased with its task. It believed that it was powerful enough to govern Earth Even though it was just created? Wouldn't Arceus brainwash it to not have these thoughts? This would work better if it were a previously-existing legend reassigned to this post..., but instead was heeded with the task of ruling the Underworld. So, when the Original One decided to rest once again, the Demon Pokemon climbed the stairway that led ti his domain and broke through the Gate to Hell, arriving on the threshold of the planet...Okay, this is not keeping my interest at all. These characters are not nearly dynamic enough...and your portrayal of Arceus is a little lacking. He just snoozes even though he knows that humanity will fall back into oblivion even with the three Sprites?
Once on Earth, the Demon began its destructive revenge by destroying many colonies of humans So? Were they defending themselves, or had they not learned of weapons yet?. The Planet Protector fought with the Demon and the two remained in a constant struggle, until one day, in the metropolis community of Pokelantis, a young woman, the princess of Pokelantis Give her a name; she's important., decided this comabt needed to stop. She knew her father would never allow her to do anything direct about the situation, so in the dead of night, she snuck out of her room in the palace and went to the room of the sage that prayed to the Original One for the Pokelantians Side thought: how will you get this story across? I believe that it was recorded, but this can't be just extracurricular...would some charcter explain it cutscene-style? to foretell events concerning weather and other situations. "Oh Great Sage, I bessech thee. Please, help me to cease the endless battle between the Demon and our Protector!" she pleaded. The sage looked at her gravely, "I have attempted to speack with the Original One many a time, but it is deep in rest...I believe I have a way to summon it to aid us ...so did the Original One get called the first time humanity was in chaos? Or is he on a 'timed sleeping schedule'?." He revealed an ocarina, an Azure Ocarina, "This instrument has been blessed by the priests Since when do they have any powers? Who gave them these powers? of our kingdom. It has the potential to awaken and summon the Original One to quell the Demon Why should the Original One care? His lackey may have a convincing reason behind the scenes...." The princess was eager to help, "However," he continued, "This flute's holy properties can only be accessed by one with a pure heart. A feature I lack." The sage took a sheet of paper off of his desk and handed it, along with the Azure Flute to the princess, "You, my princess, do have a pure heart Care to dance?. This song, Oracion, will summon the Original One How does he know? Why does he not do it for even the trivialities in life? Who taught him?/Where was the song from?. You must plead to it to cease the battle!" The princess understood and ran out of the palace, to the highest altar in the kingdom, whilst the Pokemon battled above...
She arrived to the altar and immediately begun playing the music that the sage had given her. The heavenly song reached the Original One high above and it awake to see what caused the disturbance of its awakening. It looked down to Earth to see the battle between the Demon and the Planet Protector and descends to Earth. Enraged with the Demon, the Original One imprisoned it within an unbreackable I doubt it's unbreakable. coffin of stone. The Planet Protector, having been calmed by Oracion Cliche, returned to its domain. However, before its imprisonment, the Demon casts a curse upon the princess. Before she realized what had happened, she was transformed into a serpent For the sake of clean presentation, you should describe Milotic with a different word...serpents are generally held to be deceptive and evil creatures. The princess is definitely not that., a Milotic. The Original One, astonished by this and also saddened, looked at the creature for a moment, while the coffin which imprisoned the Demon fell into the sea. The Milotic also dove into the sea, the Azure Flute in its mouth, and swam the waters freely. From that point on, Milotic and her children, the Feebas I'm very glad to see improvement., swam the seas of the world, but elusively, for the Original One saw them as its own beautiful daughters, the Water Nymphs, Mermaids, the Dragons of the Seas. Okay, but...what did Milotic do with the Flute?
What became of the flute or the music? What became of the Pokelantians, or the Original One? What became of the princess or the Demon? These questions and more arise from this myth You...do have an answer for the Flute, right? 'cause, remember: you can't have a beginning without an ending.... However, one thing is known, this myth has spurred the interest of a very dangerous man and his organization ...~_~.. They now wreak havoc in the region of Rijune ...meh, derivation?, in search of the Azure Flute, and carrieing a sheet of music of this deadly man's own creation, a sheet that can summon the Demon How? If he just wrote it..., and control it....

Plot:
You begin your adventure as a new graduate student from the Lavendale Pokemon Academy in the Rijune region on Flos Caeli Isle That does not sound like a Star Wars planet AT ALL.... You, and your two best friends have just graduated from the Beginner's Course at the Academy and are on your way to becoming full fledge Trainers. The principal gives you your Trainer ID Ding and tells the three of you ...because there are three starters? ~_~ to go to Newbreeze Town south of Lavendale City to recieve your Starter Pokemon from Rijune's Pokemon Proffesor, Adrian Rosewood. You leave Lavendale with your friends and traverse Route 400 Yuck, too high of a number xD... to arrive in your hometown of Newbreeze. When you arrive, you have the option of immediately visting the Lab or visiting your sister, and your friends' parents and families. Whichever you decide to do, one way or another, the Lab events will occur. When you enter the lab, you see a woman with bright, pink hair It's...too bright, if you ask me. in a lab coat, the Prof., and walk up to her. She asks whom you are and explains that she recently cleaned the lab due to being ransacked by vandals For important research? C'mooon.... When she hears that you're the Trainers she was excepting, she flips out and apologetically says that the vandals stole the Pokemon meant to be your Starters What does she get out of giving you starters? She's an academician (SP?), not a charity service.! Your friend, of the same gender, decides to go after them and you follow with your other friend right behind you. Rosewood says that the vandals most likely made off to Route 400. You search the Route, but don't find the vandals. Instead, your friend, opposite gender Okay, this is becoming annoying...tag some names on just for the sake of development purposes and understanding. Calling them same gender and opposite gender does not help bring them alive..., finds a bag containing three PokeBalls. He/She explains that it may have belonged to the vandals and your other friend suggests taking the Pokemon. Suddenly, the vandals appear Descriptions? and demand you return the Pokemon. You friend, same gender, instead tells you and your other friend to grab a PokeBall to battle with. You pick your Starter and defeat one of the vandals. After their defeat, they run off, cursing. You return to the Lab and explain what happened to Rosewood. She examines the Pokemon and says that they aren't the ones she intended on giving you Ah, good. So are the ones she was going to give you important in some way?, but they'd do. After leaveing the lab, you return to the Academy on the Prof.'s request and find the Principal conversing with Professor Oak from Kanto This guy's gotta be getting retired soon...or maybe he is and he's vacationing.! When he sees the three of you, Oak says that he has something for you and hands you a PokeDex Why?. Your friend, same gender, asks what this is for and Oak explains that he came here on a visit to the Principal and heard that three Trainers had just graduated from the Academy, so he brought over three PokeDexs to ask the three of you to record data on the Pokemon of Rijune Okay, question answered a little weakly but still answered...still, why did Rosewood give you pkmn? She's evidently not connected directly to this.... You and your friends accept and the Principal sends you off to officially start your adventure Of finishing the dex? Where do Gyms come in? Or are they pretty forced?. When you exit the Academy, you opposite gender friend bids you farewell So do you develop these characters, or are they colourless? The fact that they don't even have names bothers me... and leaves Lavendale. Meanwhile, your other friend challenges you to a battle. He/She has the advantage to your Pokemon and from this battle on, is your rival. If you defeat him/her, they say that they'll get stronger and beat you, then they run off. If you lose, they say you should train your Pokemon and they declare that they'll be the best Pokemon Trainer in Rijune ...if that was their goal, why did they accept Oak's mission? I guess there's a missing link somewhere here... before departing. Either way, after your rival leaves, a woman walks up to you and asks if you intend to become the Champion of Rijune. When you answer, she suggests that you battle and defeat the eight Gym Leaders of Rijune to reach the Pokemon League Plateau ...we aren't in Kanto, or was this one built on a plateau to be reminiscent of the Indigo stadiums?. She says her name is Rozalin Battlestar Galactica 8D and is interested in seeing you progress before walking away.
Features:
*202 new Fakemon along with 95-100 official Pokemon. The others I am debating about whether or not to include them...It's a good number.
*An entirely new region, Rijune and its multitude of islands.
*A Trainer Clothes Shop. Good
*A deep and dark plot concerning this mystery organization, the Original One, and the Demon. ...just make sure you know what you're claiming: such a plotn will shift multiple times during the adventure. I should not feel the same about the game I'm playing at many different parts of the game.
*More insight to the Myth of the game.
*Information on Rozalin and her motives. Motives for what? Watching you? She apparently is connected, somehow, to either the princess or the vandals...
*New attacks along with those from D/P.
*New items.
*Day/Night and Seasons system. One or the other...? Both is a little bit of overkill because there're certain design changes that should accompany them. I mean, it's not a standalone thing. Some things must change by season and by time, whether it be NPC dialogue, where you can access, or what pkmn are common. It's a lot of work.
*A realtionship between you and someone else ...you mean romantic?
*Plenty of side quests.
*An unqiue story for each group of Legendaries, including those from past regions.
Help:
I need serious help if I'm ever to get this game done. Here's a list of jobs I need help with:
Scripting-I know nothing about it and I need the Battle, Menu, Evolution, and Day/Night scripts.
Spriting-I can't sprite. I need spriters to do the back and menu sprites for the Fakemon along with some Trainers.
Not having either of those talents means it'll be a hard journey, but good luck with it...
Screenies!!!!

Where am I?

Prof. Rosewood explaining the situation of the vandals.

What town is this? Seems interesting...
Note: The character sprite is just a filler until the custom is done, which I need help with. The text box is also a filler. And, I lack the tiles for the grass animation when you walk through it, anyone have it?
Well, that would be all of it. Took me 3 hours to type all of this. ...that's a while =O. Well, I s'pose it depends what sort of keyboard you're running on...
That's all I got~MS

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Hate to say it, but the mapping is a bit on the bland side. You see, one of the greatest things about mapping is that all you have to do to make your creation look good is to be able to place together tiles in a logical and orderly way. That said, your city scene seems... confusing. The tiles flow together without borders, something that could definitely use correction.
Your features seem to be pretty new, if not a little ambitious. For example, I'm not quite sure how a romantic relationship would work out in a pokemon game. I might also suggest coming down to earth a bit; keep in mind most people here aren't willing to compromise, or to work with someone who doesn't know their stuff. If you can't sprite and you can't script, you may be in a world of hurt when it comes to actually making this game... One region is good enough for most any game, despite what many make think.

Additionally, D/P had a lot of moves. When you arbitrarily write down a feature, you should also ask yourself "Can I do this?", "Is this feature within my capabilities?". Even for a spriter as excellent as JV, making that many moves with extra is a daunting task. Take my words with a grain of salt, though, because by no means am I telling you your idea is unattainable, just a loong way off.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
Years
Text...Overload. Anyways, to answer a few, cha right, questions:

-Flos Caeli is Latin for Heaven >_<
-Most likely going with the Day/Night, debating it.
-Concerning names, none other theirs' have been decided yet! And since you get to name yourself, your rival, and your friend, I decided to leave things open.
-Rosewood recieves an E-Mail from the Academy's principal detailing that he would like her to donate three of her Pokemon. This was to discovered in the game, but I digress.
-Rozalin is named after Disgaea 2's female lead. Battle Star Galacitic and kiss my...nevermind
-I used Paint to make Rosewood's hair, probably a bad idea.
-Your rival explains his/her goal, doesn't mean he/she can't do other things ~_~
-Yes, three Trainers for three Pokemon...
-The Myth stays as I typed it. I like it and therefore, it remains.
-Rosewood does research on ancient and legendary Pokemon; Hence why people would like in on her studies.
-If there is a tutorial on how to make good maps, I'd love to see it. (No sarcasm implied)
-I am aware that some of my ideas are ambitious, if not, somewhat crazy, but I'd like to believe that with some help, I could suceed in making this game.
-I know. I do not having spriting, or scripting skills. I'm more of an ideas and action kind of guy. Give me the materials, and I could make something great. Although, I can see how that way of action could turn some off to helping me...

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Oh, it wasn't that much...
Text...Overload. Anyways, to answer a few, cha right, questions:

-Flos Caeli is Latin for Heaven >_< Really? Ehh, it still sounds like Star Wars...well, neither am I Catholic nor am I a historian, so Latin doesn't mean much to me xD.
-Most likely going with the Day/Night, debating it. Day/night is easier 'cause all you gotta do is adjust the screen tint for graphical changes. For seasons, well...take a look at LoZ: OoS~four maps for one large region...
-Concerning names, none other theirs' have been decided yet! behindthename.com
If you don't have a baby names book, this database is prime because it has things other than modern English names--excellent for naming your princess...it's by no means complete because a name can be anything, but it's my personal suggestion if you ever need ideas.
And since you get to name yourself, your rival, and your friend, I decided to leave things open.
-Rosewood recieves an E-Mail from the Academy's principal detailing that he would like her to donate three of her Pokemon Alumni Donations BD...alright.. This was to discovered in the game, but I digress.
-Rozalin is named after Disgaea 2's female lead. Battle Star Galacitic and kiss my...nevermind I was close, though...
-I used Paint to make Rosewood's hair, probably a bad idea. xD Any artist would agree. An artist I am not, but the fact that it bugged me is not a good sign...I'm not picky at all with colouration.
-Your rival explains his/her goal, doesn't mean he/she can't do other things ~_~ ...right, but...fine.
-Yes, three Trainers for three Pokemon...
-The Myth stays as I typed it. I like it and therefore, it remains. Good answer.
-Rosewood does research on ancient and legendary Pokemon; Hence why people would like in on her studies.
-If there is a tutorial on how to make good maps, I'd love to see it. (No sarcasm implied) His advice explained it, I think...look at the grass and bricks (?). That's if In understood what he meant...now, this suggestion seems a little snotty, but there're a lot of good mapping tutorials. You should already know all of them--the actual games. Pick up your DS, turn on DP, and walk around and admire the 'scenery' for a little bit--it's what I do. They obviously did it right, so use their cities and towns (and everything in them) as benchmarks for when you design yours...
-I am aware that some of my ideas are ambitious, if not, somewhat crazy, but I'd like to believe that with some help, I could suceed in making this game. No correction here...
-I know. I do not having spriting, or scripting skills. I'm more of an ideas and action kind of guy. Give me the materials, and I could make something great. Although, I can see how that way of action could turn some off to helping me...Well, looks like I'm done helping considering I did a plot critting already xD...

Back