• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Thanks for the comments! When I get a chance I will post some of our maps here, I keep forgetting to do that! XD

Any where here are some special screens!
I've noticed that I haven't given any screenshot attention to the water starter, so here you go!

The first look at Wabouy, The Lungfish Pokemon!

In other news, the wonderful Concore is redesigning some of our starters!
First up Stipoldos!
Enjoy!

Good! I'm also changing the resolution to my game. Excellent work!

Hey, I dunno if this is kind of... I dunno how to explain but, I need a little of your knowledge:
How do you to to center the text and the "type" graphic?
I mean, if the name of a pokémon is short, the name is centered and if it's long if fits perfectly on that space, also, the "WATER" graphic is centered, so if you have a "WATER/DRAGON" type, is fits perfectly on that space too.
capture003-1.png

Besides of this, VERY good work!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Just to let everyone know progress'll slow down for a couple of weeks, while Minorthreat is on vacation, but the rest of the team is still working as hard as ever. And several members are working on something spectacular, that I can't wait for you all to see.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I just noticed something odd... What's Wabouy's name based on? The spelling looks weird... I always thought it was 'Wabuoy', not 'Wabouy'.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I just noticed something odd... What's Wabouy's name based on? The spelling looks weird... I always thought it was 'Wabuoy', not 'Wabouy'.

It's probably based on "buoy," so it must be a typo.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Yeah, its just a typo...whoops I'll fix it, its still wrong in the screens below though XD.

Anyway, small update....

capture000-3.png

Introducing the Offical Sprite for Cardi, one of Scarlets mascot Pokémon.

capture003-2.png

Sprite Killer's new Lance sprite, making him older than the previous, which is exactly the point! :)

capture001-2.png

The wonderful revamp of the Pokémon selection menu...whats this? Who the heck is MOLTAMB and where is AANTORCH?
*yes I am aware that the icons over lap the HP, I need to move the icons down, but I'm to lazy to worry about that right now..*

capture002-2.png

Yep, thats right the final replacement for AANTORCH has been found, sprited and added to the game file, introducting the Offical Scarlet Fire Starter, MOLTAMB, the Kindle Lamb Pokémon.

capture004-1.png
capture005.png

And two screens from the events at the beginning of the game....random, yet relavent.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
@3@

Absolutely gorgeous! The image advancements in this game are all very nice and clean, and correspond well with the overall vibe I'm getting from Scarlet.

Everything looks lovely~ However two concerns: If you're going to use the red/blue female/male font colors, you should add the font colors into the intro events for the Professor~ XD Sort of confused, but it might be that way on purpose?

The only other thing I would suggest in terms of criticism would be the lack of shading details to the intro event platform. It just seems a bit flat.

Anywho~ the game is looking great! I seriously cannot wait to see more from ya :D

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I love your Prof's sprite. It looks great. Lance's is not so great, however. His arms, face, hair and legs are all very weird and disproportionate.

I love your selection screen; very cool.

I like Aantorch better than Moltamb.

Just my nitpicks. But overall, I love this project. Good luck with it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
Wow, I love the new Pokémon selection screen. However, sometimes the Pokémon sprite overlaps the HP-numbers. Is this going to be fixed?
Well that's my only remark for now... This game looks great, I like the storyline too ^^

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The Pokémon switching menu is nice and bright- looks very well done (of course, excluding the error you pointed out in your post lol).
The issue I have with the font was already brought up by V-Krimm.
Another suggestion would be- add a bit more detail- or shading the the platform the character sprites are standing on in the intro. The solid colour doesn't look nice at all. Maybe have the light effect of the background aim at the platform more like a spot light- and shade the platform as if the light is hitting it.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
The selection screen is awesome, and Moltamb is better than Aantorch in my opinion, games looking great.

Oka

Pokemon Azure Project Leader!
Years
Um... I have been using the professor Maple for quit some time now, since february actully. Do you mind changing it slightly. I am using it in my game.

Also your fakemon could use a bit improvement, aside from that, your game looks nice!

Atomic Reactor

Um... I have been using the professor Maple for quit some time now, since february actully. Do you mind changing it slightly. I am using it in my game.

Also your fakemon could use a bit improvement, aside from that, your game looks nice!

Hahahahaha...
There's a bunch of people that have used prof maple.
You're not the first. And this game has been around for more than a year (this is it's new thread since they changed creators)
So no, they don't need to change it.
Nothing bad will happen if you both have the same professor.

I'm not to keen on the new lance sprite... =/
He just looks awkward in several different ways.. Especially the face.
Everything else looks nice though. Is the new fire starter going to be a fire/rock as it evolves?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

Well, we've been using it since February as well... February 2008 XD
Seriously, it's no big deal. But it's unlikely we're going to change it now, as it's already stuck. Everyone else has been using the name Maple for a professor, so you'd actually be benefiting yourself by changing your professor's name :)

Like I already told Minor, the screens are looking exceptional!

@AR: Yeah, I'm not too fond of it either... to be honest, I never knew we were actually using it! XD
Our spriter should be able to make a new one, but we'll have to wait a while as she's waiting for her computer to be fixed.
Oh, and Moltamb's final stage is a fire/steel type :D
And as far as I'm aware, the sprite used in the screenshot isn't the final sprite.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Wow Minor, it's great to see all of the new work on Scarlet, I love the new selection screen.

And Oka: Yeah, we've been using the name "Maple" for quite some time.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I hate when people think they have ownership over a tree name for a Professor in a fan-made Pokémon game. It makes me lawl. Hard. Same goes for gemstone names. There have been thousands of people to conceive a female professor with names like "Maple" or "Willow" etc. etc. or a game called "Pokémon Amethyst" or "Pokémon Topaz."

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Thanks for the comments everyone! Glad to see that people like the selection menu, yes the icons will be moved down so they do not overlap the HP, or some other fix for the issue will be implemented.

While I am here I figure I will drop by with two of the screens from the last update...but updated :)

capture000-4.png

I fixed the text issue and added some shading to the platform.

capture001-3.png

I also updated Lance's sprite.

Oh and btw, check the first post! I've updated the Pokedex will all kinds of new art and many new concepts! :)

Enjoy!

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
The new fire starter looks really cooler then the previous one. It will have the same stats ? Also, Lance sprite is a little better now. Keep up the effort !

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Good job indeed by chance is it hard to make a pokemon game by using rmxp or is it easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back