• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
-cries- I haven't finished a single challenge. What do I do to shake things up?

You are not alone :( I have signed up to probably 3 or 4 challenges and i never finished them :3c
But i have decided its time to change!! Ill finish the Hunger Games challenges, and then, every other challenge i start! :D

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I always start challenges that I forget to finish, I just wait until I have time and know i can do a challenge without any distractions.

Out of the 50 or so challenges I've done there are atleast 80 i haven't done.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This is the best theme idea I've ever had tbqh. That in mind, a Twitch Plays Pokemon Challenge may or may not be in the works...

Years
Hm...with semester break coming on in a week, i'm wondering what kind of challenge would be best to do next, because that would be a perfect time to start up a new one. I really want to do another Wedlocke, this on on BW, which i've been meaning to do for a while (especially since Marriland is doing one now), but that favorites challenge is kinda calling me. Hm...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hallo fellow birdies I have made it back to the nest. <3
Hm...interesting. How would that work?
That's the big question, aint it. :P
Hm...with semester break coming on in a week, i'm wondering what kind of challenge would be best to do next, because that would be a perfect time to start up a new one. I really want to do another Wedlocke, this on on BW, which i've been meaning to do for a while (especially since Marriland is doing one now), but that favorites challenge is kinda calling me. Hm...
Wedlocke looks interesting but if you've already done it... have you done Favourites before? I'd do that if you haven't.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Necrum, you should be The Keeper!

Hm...interesting. How would that work?

That's the hard part, haha. Anna and I are coming up with ideas to make it work, though I'm sure when it all comes together, it's still going to be complicated and lengthy. That being said, I'm not sure if people would be interested in it because of that, and it'd mostly be a novelty kind of challenge. I mean, obviously one person can't recreate everything from the actual TPP playthrough, so it would involve a lot of dice rolling/RNG generators/askhelix usage.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Holy crap, Anna! Hi! I haven't seen you around here in a while. It's cool that Syd is the Helix and you're the Jesus Bird.
Hihi. I remembered I'm still doing a challenge. :D I was making this tag for the fun of it and then she changed and I was like WELP MAY AS WELL NOW
That's the hard part, haha. Anna and I are coming up with ideas to make it work, though I'm sure when it all comes together, it's still going to be complicated and lengthy. That being said, I'm not sure if people would be interested in it because of that, and it'd mostly be a novelty kind of challenge. I mean, obviously one person can't recreate everything from the actual TPP playthrough, so it would involve a lot of dice rolling/RNG generators/askhelix usage.
It's honestly kind of hard to keep it accessible and personalizable while still keeping in some of the randomness, drama, and similarities. Obviously you won't be checking Bulbasaur's cry half the time you open the menu, consulting the Helix Fossil in the middle of a battle, or completely failing to get into the daycare for six hours. Unfortunately a lot of those things are the charm of TPP so like. What do, right?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pretty much. The way it would be translated from a 50k person playthrough to a 1 person playthrough is by random odds and different points in the game where good and bad things may or may not happen. And there's the askhelix thing...I mean, you can't have TPP without Helix, no matter how many players.

So yeah, I'm just worrying that the tediousness of needing a random number generator or dice will be a hinderance to the sign ups. Like I said, it'd mainly be for novelty, but I figure it'd be best to do it now while it's still popular. It'll die when it dies. :P

And, obviously, it would be RBY only. None of that FRLG crap either, no sir. Gotta be old school for this mess.

Years
Hey everybody :)

Just wanted to drop a quick question here... Do you think that my updates on challenges are messy/pictures are too big? Because nobody said anything about that than someone recently said that I should make smaller pics on the updates.. (Pictures=screenshots) - I cannot do that because PhotoBucket shrinks all the pictures I upload for some reason - but if I don't post screenshots people might call me cheater D: I am just not sure on what to do :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I took a look and yeah, they're very big. I like Teun's suggestion of using the in-house VBA screenshot function; they tend to all be an acceptable size and readable ofc. I don't understand your Photobucket resizing problem; I've absolutely never had that issue with anything I upload. Could you show some examples, maybe?

In any case, people would trust you without pictures. I mean, I don't use pics for my runs because I play on an actual handheld, as do a fair amount of people. So that's fine.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Pretty much. The way it would be translated from a 50k person playthrough to a 1 person playthrough is by random odds and different points in the game where good and bad things may or may not happen. And there's the askhelix thing...I mean, you can't have TPP without Helix, no matter how many players.

So yeah, I'm just worrying that the tediousness of needing a random number generator or dice will be a hinderance to the sign ups. Like I said, it'd mainly be for novelty, but I figure it'd be best to do it now while it's still popular. It'll die when it dies. :P

And, obviously, it would be RBY only. None of that FRLG crap either, no sir. Gotta be old school for this mess.
I'm not fond of restricting challenges to a certain game when it's perfectly capable of being used in any game.
Hey everybody
1.%20smile.gif

Just wanted to drop a quick question here... Do you think that my updates on challenges are messy/pictures are too big? Because nobody said anything about that than someone recently said that I should make smaller pics on the updates.. (Pictures=screenshots) - I cannot do that because PhotoBucket shrinks all the pictures I upload for some reason - but if I don't post screenshots people might call me cheater D: I am just not sure on what to do
3.%20frown.gif
If you stick your pictures inside a
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back