• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It sucks because I'm on vacation in the Philippines and I won't have much time to dedicate myself to the entire GT. Which blows since I really enjoyed my past GT experience and wanted to join in on this one =\

And on another note... Can we do challenges on non main Pokemon games? Such as Colosseeum and XD? If the challenge permits us? Like a Monotype, Monocolor, singles Pokemon and Nuzlocke?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It sucks because I'm on vacation in the Philippines and I won't have much time to dedicate myself to the entire GT. Which blows since I really enjoyed my past GT experience and wanted to join in on this one =\

And on another note... Can we do challenges on non main Pokemon games? Such as Colosseeum and XD? If the challenge permits us? Like a Monotype, Monocolor, singles Pokemon and Nuzlocke?
Syd has done challenges on those before. It's up to the owner of the thread really, but for the most part if the game has the right similarities to a main series game it's doable.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You should definitely do it when you get the chance, btw. I figure most challenge owners would certainly allow Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, as they're really similar to the main games. It's a lot of fun though, honestly. I did a Normal monotype in Colosseum and had loads of fun. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Because I would love to do some challenges on those games but some challenges aren't doable on them :P
An ultimate gym leader challenge would be pretty cool to do on those 2 games :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, it is hard to find something that works. I only did Normal types because there was a bonus going on at the time and there were enough in the game to make a full team in Colosseum. Gale of Darkness provides a lot more Pokemon so it's more feasible to do a challenge in that game rather than Colosseum, but I prefer that one to Gale honestly. I just like the darker tone of the game, haha. And I decided that all Pokemon snagged counted as badges, so that's what I used to measure completion for the challenge, but I suppose final boss would make more sense. I just wanted to be thorough.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I tried to do a Water Monotype as I have never played Coloseum or XD but it runs too slow and laggy on my comp and I ended up quitting halfway through with Vaporeon, Spheal, and a Carvanha I think. I hope to eventually play through that game if I can play it at a good enough speed - hopefully my next laptop will be able to do it and I will finally get through the game.

In other news, I have finally picked back up my Water monotype postgame on Black 2 and am gonna try to finish it soon so I can get it off my sig lol. I will post the result in the monotype thread, so look out for that, Necrum ;).

Also looking forward to the new event challenge. And I think it's kinda sad that no one did the GT11 one in Kanto.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

no one did Kanto and Hoenn. Well, acatfrommars did signup for Sapphire, but I guess he got stuck trying to catch a feebas =( A lot also signed up for Sinnoh, but none finished. And here I thought Sinnoh's E4 was awesome, too. If not only for Staraptor (recently finished a Ranger challenge and i used ravia/Raptor for quite some time), I would've done mine there.

So was the horror challenge teaser an event for october or a normal challenge?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
no one did Kanto and Hoenn. Well, acatfrommars did signup for Sapphire, but I guess he got stuck trying to catch a feebas =( A lot also signed up for Sinnoh, but none finished. And here I thought Sinnoh's E4 was awesome, too. If not only for Staraptor (recently finished a Ranger challenge and i used ravia/Raptor for quite some time), I would've done mine there.

So was the horror challenge teaser an event for october or a normal challenge?
Carnival of Horrors will be in October.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Really excited for the Halloween event, especially with someone as scary as Necrum running it. ;) And we've got a short event running from the 20th to the end of the month as well and I'm looking forward to that too! I'm basically always looking forward to challenge events haha. They're always fun and I love hearing feedback from you guys and giving you all something fun to do. Birdies just warm my heart.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hey, I have a question.

I came back today from a long, unintended break, and of course I found my challenges in ruin, as I find them when I take breaks. I had time to save the Mega Evolution Challenge, as it's only been 12 days, but is it too late for me to revive the NPC Trainer Challenge? I haven't touched it in almost two months, and I still have intent in owning that challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If it's not exactly 2 months (ex. No post since May 17, but it's currently July 15), you can still revive it. But honestly, if it's already that far gone, you're probably better off starting fresh. I'm sure Necrum will let it slide, depending on how many days it is from actually dying. But if you're, say, 10 days away, I'd just go ahead and use the current one.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
It's only 8 days away from being considered as dead, and I've been wanting to modify it for a while. I want to make a new one, but would that be the right approach?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think that people are most likely to read your new rules or what have you if you made a new thread. It's your call really though. I'd say if you're gonna change something in the existing thread, at least post about the changes so people can see it happened.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Hi folks! EXTREMELY long time no see :)

I'm going to try my best to get back in the saddle of things around here, but I also don't want to make too many promises. In the meantime, my Warlock from my other gaming vice says hi! :3

Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
So there's this one challenge that someone started on Marriland, and another guy did after him, called an "anime style" challenge. Here was how it was presented:

http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon/pokemon-challenges/503082

If you guys think it sounds cool, I would want to carry said idea over here once I have more time to do it. Pretty hard stuff, though! What do you think?
Pretty entertaining thread, I must say. Would be unique enough to be it's own thread as well, if you post it I would probably try it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Wow, that's actually really cool! Someone managed to come up with a way to emulate the anime without forcing people to use the same Pokemon from it. That's just incredible! I support this challenge ;) Someone go make it now.

Years
You guys seem to like it, huh? Once I have access to a computer and have cleaned up everything off of my second X version (or I could do it on Y) I'll get to it. :)

edit: I just submitted the thread. Now just have to wait on approval, or rejection if anything needs to be revised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back