• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Game difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So serebii just posted this;

It is said that after completing the game, you receive a key which will switch the game between three difficulties. Normal, Assist which lowers the difficulty and Challenge which increases it. We have no confirmation for this yet

I hope it's true.

Discuss!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I like this idea for the mostpart, but the speculation I've lurked and found read suggests that in Normal mode the games will be much too easy, having said this, I don't see the point of having an 'assist' difficulty setting when the normal setting is by the sounds of it, perfect for the job.

The dificulty increase is something that I'm really looking forward to after reading this, I've always wanted to battle trainers' teams that are strategically structured and challenging to defeat. But.. why would they leave this feature accessible after the main story? (So I'm assuming). Perhaps this foreshadows a challenging post-game experience, especially with the option of easing the game's difficulty. And I suppose that would be great, if the post-game were to be on the same difficulty as B/Ws' and with us substantially under-levelled. I think this feature would be best used at the beginning of the game, where we'd be able to play on the difficulty we find that best suits our ability and enable us to squeeze the most fun out of our gaming experience as possible.

All in all, interesting idea, looking forward to hearing more about this! :D

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
This sounds great, but why only after completing the game? D:
The Gym Leaders of the original games were too easy anyway, post-E4 wasn't.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
o___O Uhh does that mean stronger Pokemon found post-game? It sounds so unusual, really. Not sure how that's gunna work out, actually.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
o___O Uhh does that mean stronger Pokemon found post-game? It sounds so unusual, really. Not sure how that's gunna work out, actually.

It was descirbed in an interview to explain ahy there where two versions and not just one third version.

Player 1 finishes his/her game and unlocks the key.
Player 2 has troubles finisher his/her game.

Player 1 and 2 can now connect and using the key, player 1 makes the game easier for player 2.

I presume that people who fancy a challenge and own both versions can use their own key to make their second game harder. This makes owning both games more rewarding, I guess.

Cid

Years
I'm not a huge fan of this idea just yet. Although I'm not really crystal clear on the whole gist, either. Does it allow changing the difficulty of the post-game or does it just give an option of replaying the game on a different difficulty? If it's the latter, why have an easy mode? For people who aim on catching 'em all, breeding, movie-making, or focusing on any other activity in the games besides battling, maybe? Or perhaps Teru is up to something, I suppose with such a key a person can have the game's difficulty tweaked at any point in the game if he or she so desires. Buuut from a moderately fair standpoint, I think it's still too occasional an event for a person to wish playing on easy mode. Hard mode sounds fun, but I don't see the point of having the modes unlockable.

But hey at least we have them. I'll just play default mode if I don't like it.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
To let people pick their difficulty sounds pretty cool IMO, although I don't know why it is post-game.

It gives people who want a harder challenge a way to do that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It was descirbed in an interview to explain ahy there where two versions and not just one third version.

Player 1 finishes his/her game and unlocks the key.
Player 2 has troubles finisher his/her game.

Player 1 and 2 can now connect and using the key, player 1 makes the game easier for player 2.

I presume that people who fancy a challenge and own both versions can use their own key to make their second game harder. This makes owning both games more rewarding, I guess.
But what I don't get is how it's actually made harder or easier. That's the part that's just confusing me really. XD; Like, Pokemon isn't necessarily a hard game and unless you just change the opponent's typings idk any other way to make it easier.

Cid

Years
Perhaps levels will be raised, Pokémon evolved, the foe gets improved team synergy with types and movepools, more number of Pokémon for each trainer's team, more trainers etc. Reversing those can make the games somewhat easier, I suppose they might just reduce levels and number of Pokémon per trainer and include moves with weaker base power. Maybe the wild Pokémon can also be varied, I'm not sure. Although it may be hard to store all that data for each mode into the games.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
I love this feature, and I really hope you can use the key to change the difficulty of another game to challenge mode~

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Well we just have to wait and see the details about it because both pokejungle serebii had no clue

But this is just another money making scheme because now uou have to get both versions to play the difficulty(or ask a friend who plays pokemon for thier key)
Scheming Gamefreak its just all about the money, but

I LOVE THE IDEA ^__^

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Hoping that this new difficulty setting would be used for the main game....sadly it isn't. I do like the Challenge level, and possibly will be beneficial to the Pokemon World Tournament or some other specific locales post-game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Sounds awesome, though how will the whole save file thing work with this? Will the difficulty of the game we have on change, or will we have to start a new save file...

Years
I think that they'll only change the difficulty by beefing up the Gym Leaders' and Elite Four's teams. It seems un-Pokemon-like for them to actually change Pokemon's types, change the storyline, change the rates at which Pokemon evolve and learn moves, etc. The only change this last one would effect would be one of grinding, anyway, not one of difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back